• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 04.02: "The Lost & Damned" (!!Official Thread!!)

30magc4.jpg

"Guys, I don't want to be a party foul, but there is a rest stop in Broker?"

Iteration: 04
Storyline: 02
Title: The Lost & Damned
Airdate: February 17, 2009. 03.00 AM EST
Price: 1600 MSP

JOHNNY KLEBITZ MUST SAVE HIS GANG FROM DESTRUCTION IN THIS ALL NEW EPISODE OF GRAND THEFT AUTO IV!

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that the eagerly anticipated first episode of downloadable content, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, will be coming to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system via Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network. Available exclusively on Xbox LIVE worldwide on February 17, 2009, The Lost and Damned will feature all new content and is the first of two episodes announced for Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox 360.

"Making these episodes has enabled us to expand the narrative and the experience of interacting with a game world in really innovative ways," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We hope fans of the game enjoy the new way of experiencing life in Liberty City contained in this first episode."

Since its launch in April, Grand Theft Auto IV has garnered unprecedented praise and acclaim worldwide. Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, The Lost and Damned features a new main character and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music - all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.

j609bb.jpg

D4Danger said:
I've not been following all the updates so this could be old news but it looks like the site got updated with some more information about the new weapons and cars/bikes

http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/weapons/index.html
http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/vehicles/index.html

It looks like there's 6 new weapons, 15 new bikes and 3 new cars. One is a towtruck :lol

edit: also, there's some more information on the new music and interiors

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=music&content=updates
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=jousters&content=screen0

and achievements

http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/achievements/index.html

REVIEWS:

KyotoMecca said:

GarthVaderUK said:

GarthVaderUK said:

PEINS:

Gay-Age Update:

Also, this may come as a pleasant surprise to half the users on this board:

Full Frontal Male Nudity in GTA IV: The Lost and Damned

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200902/full-frontal-male-nudity-in-gta-iv-the-lost-and-damned.asp
(More Links & Such Coming Soon)

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Since its launch in April, Grand Theft Auto IV has garnered unprecedented praise and acclaim worldwide.

how would they determine this? i'm sure there's at least one game in the history of video gaming that has matched/exceeded gta iv's "acclaim".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1600 points, yeah.
It's supposed to happen at the same time as the main story, so... I would imagine it would spoil the main plot?

John Dunbar said:
how would they determine this? i'm sure there's at least one game in the history of video gaming that has matched/exceeded gta iv's "acclaim".

Well, Hilary Goldstein did call it Oscar worthy or some such drivel. I'm pretty sure no one has ever tried to claim that with another game script.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
John Dunbar said:

Metacritic.

FrankT

Well I was going to point to the Amazon deal of the card plus 3 months of Live free, but it would seem they are out now;

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Xbox-360/dp/B001QD5JAQ/ref=pd_ts_zbw_vg_videogames_7_i?pf_rd_p=304529601&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0C81R3MCH7Z7W74XZZQC

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

:lol

Hopefully a temp thing. Amazon best not mess up my shipment, heh.

raYne

dreamer3kx said:
this and sf4 will keep me busy until killzone 2 releases, the expansion looks great.
My plan as well. Can't wait to dig into it and see how well the changes are implemented.

Sandman42

I'm replaying GTA IV right now and having a lot of fun. The early missions of the game, while fairly simple, are pretty fun. Can't wait for the expansion! But I hope Lost and Damned can bring some new gameplay elements.

Goldrusher

ChrisGoldstein said:
I havnt passed the main game will this ruin that 'story'?

So it's 1600 points right?
Not really, but there's quite a few missions (in the main game) involving the Lost as well as one with Johnny himself.
Try to play until you finished "No Way on the Subway".

Dabanton

sebmarine said:
Something tells me this is going to be the game that GTAIV should have been.

Agree. the first part i always felt was R* moving over to a new engine and all the problems that come with that.

Sort of like how GTA:III was very basic and Vice City built on top of that with new features like bikes and then obviously SA expanded further.

I feel R* are much more comfortable with the new engine now.

Can't wait for the DLC.

Best Buy is supposed to have the 4000 points cards for 45 next week. Might pick one up and get this along with fallout dlc, fable dlc, and the maw

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
We just got the L&D tokens at work yesterday.

They basically come in a standard paper box that uses a boxy cardboard insert to give it a bit of heft so it won't bend easily. Inside there's of course the code to activate the game, but there's also a 48-hour gold trial and another Liberty City map inside. No, you can't download it early, it still mentions you can't download the game until the 17th.

I guess it's slightly nicer than just buying a $20 points card, gives you something to put on your shelf, but I'd suggest only getting it if you can't find any points cards that are discounted.

Does anyone know if you have to finish the main story line to play this DLC?

I bought the PS3 version which I like better still today, but I think I may just pop for the DLC come late summer if nothing is announced as far as getting it on PSN...but by then I really am not sure if I will still be in the mood to play it...who knows...

WickedCobra03 said:
Does anyone know if you have to finish the main story line to play this DLC?

I bought the PS3 version which I like better still today, but I think I may just pop for the DLC come late summer if nothing is announced as far as getting it on PSN...but by then I really am not sure if I will still be in the mood to play it...who knows...

You get two choices when you boot up the game, IV or L&D, so no.

EagleEyes

Seeing that you have to have the hard drive for it, I wonder if Rockstar has improved the engine any for this expansion. Either way it doesn't matter because this will be mine day uno.

jmoe316

I haven't been following the DLC very much. Has there been much talk to the length of this content? Is it going to be short (like 5 hours) or is there lots to do (10-15 hours). Any mention on the number of missions it comes with? Tracklist of added music?

Thanks

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jmoe316 said:
I haven't been following the DLC very much. Has there been much talk to the length of this content? Is it going to be short (like 5 hours) or is there lots to do (10-15 hours). Any mention on the number of missions it comes with? Tracklist of added music?

Thanks

They estimated "1/3rd the length of GTA4" for the main story, so probably 8-12 hours depending on your speed.

FrankT

jmoe316 said:

Thanks

IGN said in the single player preview 12-20 hours so that should give you a rough estimate. Multiplayer previews are supposed to hit sometime this week.

watership

Shouldn't official threads have 9 posts packed with detailed info, screenshots, backgrounds, bios, analysis, and elaborate animated gifs?

Otherwise, I'm really looking fowarding to playing this.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
jmoe316 said:

Thanks

new music and it's about 20 hours

Tokubetsu

Fuck the haters. I still think GTAIV is the best GTA in the series, 3 being right behind it. I can't wait for some Lost and Damned biker action.

Really looking forward to this. I'm interested to see what they are doing with the bikes especially. I enjoyed riding bikes in GTA IV but the handling on all but one bike seemed off.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tokubetsu said:
Fuck the haters. I still think GTAIV is the best GTA in the series, 3 being right behind it. I can't wait for some Lost and Damned biker action.

Word.

I'm so glad I got this used 120 gig drive.

GTAIV runs great if you install the game before you download any of the patches.

FrankT

SonnyBoy said:
I'll wait to see if they "fix" how the bikes control.

Yea that is in per Rockstar on the latest GT TV episode. Supposedly, since you're in a "bike gang" and all you can handle them better.

Joe211 said:
I think this DLC will bomb hard
It seems people have 0 interest in this extension

Goose-egg indeed.

Top Bottom