• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 04.02: "The Lost & Damned" (!!Official Thread!!)

Joe211 said:
I think this DLC will bomb hard
It seems people have 0 interest in this extension
If we go by GAF only, sure thing.

Then again...if we go by GAF only, Uncharted would have sold a billion units, DLC would be dead, Live Gold would have disappeared, and PC gaming would be the supreme ruler of the world...and we could add a new one: GTAIV DLC will bomb hard.

And oh yeah, I'm definitely getting this. Please be like Road Rash in Multiplayer.

Stantron

I've started playing through a second time recently; story parts only to refresh myself on things. I forgot how bad-ass the Three Leaf Clover mission was. I like how R* is interweaving the DLC stories with Niko's story. Seems like they had it all planned out before GTA4 was released.

raYne

Jtyettis said:
Yea that is in per Rockstar on the latest GT TV episode. Supposedly, since you're in a "bike gang" and all you can handle them better.
So what happens if you try to drive a car? Would be hilarious if they're even worse. :lol

raYne

Stoney Mason said:
Most people are saying about a third of the content of GTA 4 so 8 to 10 hours many people are assuming.
I think he meant the dlc's size. As in HDD space..

As far as I know, it wasn't announced.

Stantron

Hopefully they add a ton of vigilante and hitman side missions. Those were a lot of fun. Maybe even in co-op.

Radio Control Assassin missions. Would make my....month.

Boats, heli, plane, cars, bikes and maybe a drumming rabbit to take out a senior citizen. I wants my RC Mayhem back.

giuliu

Banned
Hellraizer said:
If we go by GAF only, sure thing.

Then again...if we go by GAF only, Uncharted would have sold a billion units, DLC would be dead, Live Gold would have disappeared, and PC gaming would be the supreme ruler of the world...and we could add a new one: GTAIV DLC will bomb hard.

And oh yeah, I'm definitely getting this. Please be like Road Rash in Multiplayer.

And the ps3 will be as dominant as the ps2

dork

Banned
There is a little hype around it. We got quite a few copies in at work. Yes it's out retail, but can't download till the 17th. We had a few pre orders on it. Few people calling and asking when the ps3 version is coming out ;P

Az987

all good things
15-20 hours eh??

So I guess its safe to say this is going to be a pretty large download.

Guess that counts me and my crappy almost full 20 gig harddrive out....

Oh well

ruxtpin

Banned
day one for me! I rather enjoyed GTAIV. It didn't have the comic-vibe of past GTA games; but as a fully realized world, I found it rather impressive. Just interacting with the people, physics, and - Yes - the phone, made for some hilarious hi-jinx. Just try shoving someone or stealing a car, then phone 911 as they fight back. Or just people watch. Highly entertaining if you ask me.

ALSO - As juvenile as it sounds, hearing random pedestrians yell "Cheesy Vaginas!" never fails to amuse.

BenjaminBirdie said:
It's just selling a card with a code, unfortunately. I think.

Pretty much. Got these in the store yesterday, there were a few left but then again, I'm not too sure on how many we got to begin with.

ruxtpin said:
day one for me! I rather enjoyed GTAIV. It didn't have the comic-vibe of past GTA games; but as a fully realized world, I found it rather impressive. Just interacting with the people, physics, and - Yes - the phone, made for some hilarious hi-jinx. Just try shoving someone or stealing a car, then phone 911 as they fight back. Or just people watch. Highly entertaining if you ask me.

ALSO - As juvenile as it sounds, hearing random pedestrians yell "Cheesy Vaginas!" never fails to amuse.

I still think GTA4 is a pretty fantastic sandbox. Almost as good as Crackdown. My only issue was the missions, which I'm hoping they've addressed in this.

airborn

Kabouter said:
So anything on file size yet?
It seems like the DLC will fit on a memory unit:

339681ps_500h.jpg

Struct09

a.wd said:
Doesn't that say hard drive required?

It just says "Storage Required" (you can zoom into it on amazon.com)

I'm going to guess that you'll need a hard drive though. No way they kept it under 512MB.

Struct09 said:
It just says "Storage Required" (you can zoom into it on amazon.com)

I'm going to guess that you'll need a hard drive though. No way they kept it under 512MB.
Didn't you hear? The content is already on the disc, you're just waiting to unlock it.

Goldrusher

a.wd said:
Doesn't that say hard drive required?

24cfbd2.jpg
r1ie52.jpg

If ~6GB is enough for the entire game, 0.5GB should be enough for what is basically nothing more than a few new lines of dialogue.
The new radio channels could even be an optional install for those with a memory unit.

C4Lukins

Az987 said:
15-20 hours eh??

So I guess its safe to say this is going to be a pretty large download.

Guess that counts me and my crappy almost full 20 gig harddrive out....

Oh well

Yeah I doubt you could possibly clear up a couple of gigs for this download. Eventhough just about everything on the marketplace you purchase can be redownloaded again for free after you delete it, that is way to much trouble. It seems like you were so excited for the game to begin with so this must really be disappointing for you. Oh well.

Tobor

Stantron said:
Hopefully they add a ton of vigilante and hitman side missions. Those were a lot of fun. Maybe even in co-op.

I seriously hope so.

It will be awesome either way, but I need more assassin missions.

VULKIN said:
Install size says 2 GB on the back of the box.

Awesome. /pats 120GB HDD

giuliu

Banned
kinda weird, I feel that there are more hypes for so4 and even halo wars among 360 owners than this peice of gta4 content.

Tobor

AnEternalEnigma said:
Content like this really makes the decision to do a 20GB drive in 2005 even more assy.

In 2005 it was more than enough. Do you have any idea how much 2.5" 120GB drives cost in 2005?

Tobor said:
In 2005 it was more than enough. Do you have any idea how much 120GB drives cost in 2005?

I just checked my TigerDirect order history. I bought a 250GB HDD for my PC in November 2005 at $103. The retail price for the 20GB 360 HDD at November 2005 launch was $100.

Based on that math, I'd have to say a 120GB PC HDD would have gone for about $50 or $55.

The prices weren't as unreasonable as you're implying they were (unless I misread/misunderstood). Just another classic example of Microsoft gouging prices on stuff and just using the "Well, because it's for a game system" excuse.

NON-SUBTLE EDIT: Oh, I noticed you edited your post to say 2.5''. No, I don't know what those were.

Tobor

firehawk12 said:
Still less than 199 dollars or a 150 dollars, probably.

It's hard to research now, maybe. Regardless, you're talking about a machine that was a loss leader at launch with the 20GB drive. No one really expected anything bigger at the time, and we certainly didn't expect DD content to ramp up in file size as fast as it has.

AnEternalEnigma said:
I just checked my TigerDirect order history. I bought a 250GB HDD for my PC in November 2005 at $103. The retail price for the 20GB 360 HDD at November 2005 launch was $100.

Based on that math, I'd have to say a 120GB PC HDD would have gone for about $50 or $55.

The prices weren't as unreasonable as you're implying they were (unless I misread/misunderstood). Just another classic example of Microsoft gouging prices on stuff and just using the "Well, because it's for a game system" excuse.

And I'll assume you're referring to a 3.5", right? ANYWAY, like I said, the 360 was sold at a loss with the 20GB drive, so expecting more in hindsight is silly at best.

xbhaskarx

I have been complaining about GTA4 ever since it came out, but I'll probably still buy this because I don't value my money.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tobor said:
It's hard to research now, maybe. Regardless, you're talking about a machine that was a loss leader at launch with the 20GB drive. No one really expected anything bigger at the time, and we certainly didn't expect DD content to ramp up in file size as fast as it has.

And I'll assume you're referring to a 3.5", right? ANYWAY, like I said, the 360 was sold at a loss with the 20GB drive, so expecting more in hindsight is silly at best.

The loss was on the GPU/CPU and other components. They "accessorized" the HDD in order to make money off of people who bought Core units so I'm sure even if they did subsidize the cost of the HDD in Pro units, that wasn't the majority of where the loss went.

I mean, you could also argue that they lost money on including a hybrid component/composite cable, when in reality they probably cost a few dollars to make.

Top Bottom