• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 04.02: "The Lost & Damned" (!!Official Thread!!)

Darunia said:
Like Mason said, that's pretty normal. He's suspposed to be a guy we don't know anything about. Both Johnny and Luis only have a few lines in IV. Expect his character and story to be fleshed out for the expansion.

A lot of it has to do with the other characters the protagonist surrounds himself with. Playing as Luis will be interesting because we'll see a lot more of a character we've only heard a few lines of: Gay Tony, plus crew.

oh and Luis did not
work with Bulgarin. Bulgarin was a third party that claimed the diamonds as his own. Fans believe that we'll get to finally finish the Bulgarin part of the storyline, killing him with Luis. This seems highly likely, since he's seen following Tony and Luis after all the parties scatter.
Yes, don't get me wrong, Luis certainly is an interesting character. For me it just seemed that the appearances of Johnny were more interesting but I also got that wrong with Bulgarin. So that will hopefully make a good part in the 2nd episode.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought this a few days ago and have put a few hours into it. I am really liking it. Maybe even more so than GTAIV vanilla. Is it just me or does the game run a hell of a lot better? I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I installed GTAIV to the HDD and this game's data is also running off the HDD, but the framerate seems vastly improved.

I'm enjoying the characters, new weapons and features and the story a lot. The only thing I don't like is that your friends can be killed permanently which makes you lose out on a lot of missions and other stuff. I find myself reloading my game whenever someone is killed, which is a bit annoying. Otherwise this is an awesome expansion. It's like a full blown sequel without a change in the environment. I really wasn't expecting it to be so well done.

bj00rn_

Banned
Wow nice, the end credits is probably the best I've experienced in a game yet. Nice display of playfulness/confidence from the devs. Good times.

Salmonax

Zefah said:
I'm enjoying the characters, new weapons and features and the story a lot. The only thing I don't like is that your friends can be killed permanently which makes you lose out on a lot of missions and other stuff.
I thought the only people who died were generic characters who never figured into the plot.

GTA4 and TLAD spoiler:
Speaking of deaths, I was disappointed that neither of the Lost in "No Way on the Subway" in GTA4 look like Jim. Just a retconn, I guess?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Salmonax said:
I thought the only people who died were generic characters who never figured into the plot.

GTA4 and TLAD spoiler:
Speaking of deaths, I was disappointed that neither of the Lost in "No Way on the Subway" in GTA4 look like Jim. Just a retconn, I guess?

Perhaps you are right. The game gives you the option to restart a mission if any of your fellow gang members die, so I just assumed that they were actually important characters. I always restart missions where I have people die on me.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Quick question:

My friend owns The Lost & Damned, if he lends me his 360 HDD can I create a profile and play the DLC using my Gamertag, similar to how you can with DLC on the PS3?

Dabanton

Bojanglez said:
Quick question:

My friend owns The Lost & Damned, if he lends me his 360 HDD can I create a profile and play the DLC using my Gamertag, similar to how you can with DLC on the PS3?

I don't think you can.

Bojanglez said:
Quick question:

He would have to lend you his profile too, and you need to be connected to Live with his profile in order to play it.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hellraizer said:
He would have to lend you his profile too, and you need to be connected to Live with his profile in order to play it.

So basically I can only play it if I am signed in as him? That sucks, but it is better than not being able to play it or funding the Rockstar/Microsoft platform discrimination fund.

Bojanglez said:
So basically I can only play it if I am signed in as him? That sucks, but it is better than not being able to play it or funding the Rockstar/Microsoft platform discrimination fund.
Content is tied to the console, he could lend you his 360, you could then play offline with any other gamertag.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hellraizer said:
Content is tied to the console, he could lend you his 360, you could then play offline with any other gamertag.

Ah, well he played it on his HDD using my 360 (as his died a while back). So I have my 360 (which he used to play the DLC) and his HDD which the content is stored on. Does that mean I can use my profile?

Bojanglez said:

Have his hard drive with his profile signed in to live on Controller 2. You play with your profile on controller 1. As long as a profile that has bought the DLC is signed in, then anyone playing on that console can access the DLC.

My step dad does this all the time to play XBLA games that I bought back on my 360 in the UK. He signs me in on the second controller, presses start on controller 1 signed in as himself, he gets to play the full versions of the games and earn achievements.

I haven't tried this yet with L&D since I bought the pack with this 360, all users can access it without having to do this little trick. But if it works for XBLA games, then it should work for this.

Bojanglez said:
Ah, well he played it on his HDD using my 360 (as his died a while back). So I have my 360 (which he used to play the DLC) and his HDD which the content is stored on. Does that mean I can use my profile?

In this case, that is the machine the content was bought on, so you're all good. Any profile can access that content on that machine. Not just the profile of the person who bought it.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dead Man Typing said:
In this case, that is the machine the content was bought on, so you're all good. Any profile can access that content on that machine. Not just the profile of the person who bought it.

Thanks for the info mate. It is useful to know the trick with the 2 controllers as well, thanks!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Wow. I just finished this. Everything from the opening to the closing credits was bar none some of the best gaming ever. The motion capture, the voice work, Rockstar nails those like no other. Makes games like Mass Effect look amateurish.

TLAD really made me appreciate GTAIV as a whole. The world that Rockstar crafted is just awe-inspiring. I would catch myself just driving around and admiring things. The level of detail is astounding. I felt this way when playing GTAIV for the first time, but TLAD really hit it home.

I loved the ending credits, so bad ass! I simply cannot wait for the 2nd DLC.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Why do people get so hyped over the end credits? The credits at the end of IV were about the same and had better music.

Plus IV was much harder than TLAD

ChrisGoldstein said:
Why do people get so hyped over the end credits? The credits at the end of IV were about the same and had better music.

I don't remember little sequences and scripted scenes in the credits of GTA 4. Not saying they didn't exist but I mainly remember just a city fly by. The better music is your opinion. And 4 being harder than TLAD has nothing to do with the end credits. I think your just looking to bitch at something.

ChrisGoldstein said:

It didn't really have any action like TLAD's credits did.

I'm hoping the third one FINALLY plays "New York I Love You" by LCD Soundsystem over the credits.

NO BRAINER.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
How do you go from Lost and Damned to your regular GTA IV progress? Everytime I load up GTA IV it just takes me straight to Lost and Damned. :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Stoney Mason said:
I don't remember little sequences and scripted scenes in the credits of GTA 4. Not saying they didn't exist but I mainly remember just a city fly by. The better music is your opinion. And 4 being harder than TLAD has nothing to do with the end credits. I think your just looking to bitch at something.

:lol

Was there something at the end?

I just pressed start to get my achievement after about 2 minutes.

Domino Theory said:
How do you go from Lost and Damned to your regular GTA IV progress? Everytime I load up GTA IV it just takes me straight to Lost and Damned. :(

Yeah I think it automatically loads TLAD. You have to press start and load one of your IV saves unfortunately.

rvy

Banned
The mission where you have to blow up 3 AOD vans with pipes is driving me nuts. Tried it 5 times, died 5 times trying. Fuck this shit.

Apoc87

Banned
Im really, really sorry to bump this old thread, but Im wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the social club updating your stats. I finished ballad of gay tony, and then lost and the damned this past summer.

It seems like social club stopped updating gay tony at 65%, i checked last night, and I'm really at 65.3%. TLAD didn't update at all, says I have never played it.

How can I get these to update? All my credentials on the social club settings are correct for xbox live.

Top Bottom