• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 04.02: "The Lost & Damned" (!!Official Thread!!)

Smokey

McBacon said:
What? Did you download a patch or something? Dude, what the fuck :lol :lol Did you take a photo? :lol Get Kotaku on the line!

I knew it was coming, but I didn't think they'd have the BALLS to actually do so.

But they did:lol

Tobor

Dabanton said:
Yeah that's a real tricky mission,what i did was save up for a grenade launcher by doing the gang wars.

Then let those first two cars go through and lob a grenade at the back of them blew them up then took care of the rest,then it's just you and Malc who have to get away from the police.

In the van which is pretty easy.

I did basically the same except I used the RPG on the first of the two motorcycles then opened up with the street sweeper. Great mission.

Oddly enough the only two missions I found particularly difficult were
the one where the two cops chased you back to a location because I hadn't got any good weapons yet and I was still adapting to the change from auto-aim to manual aim and the mission where you were at the tollbooth because I didn't realize you could hop in the vehicle and drive away at any time instead of needing to kill everyone. (or at least I think you can)

Beaulieu

ok makes sense.

also, why the hell are the MP modes separated in 2 diff lists ? that sucks, they should just all regroup them.

Tobor

Dabanton said:
I keep forgetting that the RPG is in the DLC, lol it's a bit too pricey for my Johnny.:lol

It's not pricey at all if you remember where it drops in the original. The drops are the same.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Just finished it, good stuff, I'll definitely be back for the next one, really nice fly over of the city with all the games big events in the credits too, was that there for GTA4?

Ghost said:
Just finished it, good stuff, I'll definitely be back for the next one, really nice fly over of the city with all the games big events in the credits too, was that there for GTA4?

Just a flyover of the city. Those credits for TLAD were really phenomenal.

schmalz

So... I've advanced to the last mission, but I don't have any mission icons on my map. There is nothing for me to do outside of a few races and gang wars, but I haven't finished the story yet. Have I run into a progression stopper, or am I missing something?

schmalz said:
So... I've advanced to the last mission, but I don't have any mission icons on my map. There is nothing for me to do outside of a few races and gang wars, but I haven't finished the story yet. Have I run into a progression stopper, or am I missing something?

Call Jim for some Air Hockey.

Beaulieu

schmalz said:

Call Stubbs

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Jonsoncao said:
in Niko's GTA4 u can turn off ur cell also

Or just blow them off. I know you get an achievement if all of them like you >90% but I didnt care.

Everyone but Jacob and Roman hated me by the time the main story was done...and neither one of them was >90% like

ChrisGoldstein said:
Or just blow them off. I know you get an achievement if all of them like you >90% but I didnt care.

Everyone but Jacob and Roman hated me by the time the main story was done...and neither one of them was >90% like
What happens with all the benefits though? IIRC you don't get the "good stuff" anymore. For example, I don't have to kiss brotherhood ass to have a look at the Gun Van, or call Backup, or get a any Bike I want in a matter of seconds.

Jamesfrom818 said:
What I love most about TL&D is that friends don't bug you about doing shit.
I appreciated that too and honestly, I never did shit with any of my friends in TL&D. However, I remember in IV, when you went out with friends the conversations served to flesh out their backstories. Is it the same way in TL&D?

Keikoku

Banned
Just finished it, I loved it, much more than GTA IV (which I liked very much too)
The ending might be a little quick though. But it's the only complaint I can think about this game, best DLC ever Rockstar, nice job !

bj00rn_

Banned
gdt5016 said:
How do I get the best performance in this game? Should I play with GTA IV installed or not?

I guess it depends on what 360 model/HDD you have. Most 120GBs can handle it installed. My Elite streams it without any problems installed. But my older 20GB just can't do it.

gdt

bj00rn_ said:
I guess it depends on what 360 model/HDD you have. Most 120GBs can handle it installed. My Elite streams it without any problems installed. But my older 20GB just can't do it.

I have a older 20GB :(. I noticed that it seems to runs worst than GTA IV (I installed it, and it was alot better than what I'm getting with LAD).

Does the GTA IV disc spin (if it's not installed) when I'm playing LAD?

gdt5016 said:
I have a older 20GB :(. I noticed that it seems to runs worst than GTA IV (I installed it, and it was alot better than what I'm getting with LAD).

If you have an old 360 its better to play off the disc. I don't believe the disc spins.

Salmonax

gdt5016 said:
Yes, because it's still pulling a lot of content off the disc. With my Elite 120gb the install seems like a wash - some aspects were smoother and load times seemed reduced, but there seemed to be more pop-in at times. Then again, the game is just rife with pop-in no matter what you do.

Tobor

Holy crap at the credits. Beautiful.

What a great game. God, just give me the next episode now, Rockstar! I need more!!!

Salmonax

I just learned about Luis Fernando Lopez being the likely main character for the 2nd DLC. Now I've got another guy to look for in cut scenes as I replay GTA4. :lol

allreal

just finished and it was awe-tastic. cool missions, except the pipe bomb one. new weapons are tite, esp the auto shotgun and grenade launcher. LAST MISSION was very bad ass.

enjoyed it much.

dont recall ever meeting Luis.

allreal said:
just finished and it was awe-tastic. cool missions, except the pipe bomb one. new weapons are tite, esp the auto shotgun and grenade launcher. LAST MISSION was very bad ass.

enjoyed it much.

You did. In both games. He was with Gay Tony at the docks, he started the scuffle at the museum. You see him on the museum roof in the credits.

His connection with the "Gay Mafia" makes me think we haven't seen the last shaft yet.

bj00rn_

Banned
allreal said:

enjoyed it much.

The "pipe bomb mission" is almost too easy if you have the rocket launcher... :)

So far this is much better than regular GTA4. The driving is better, and by that I mean you only really need to use your bike, which is fast and strong; so far I haven't used a Taxi once in the game and that was like a crutch for me in GTA4. Johnny is much better than that preachy dick Niko. New weapons all are really awesome. No one called me and asked to hang out yet! Also, most of the missions make it so the only way to 'fail' is for you to die, which is great since I'm good at keeping myself from dying.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I thought there were supposed to be checkpoints?

It's the same as IV as far as I can tell. Beat toll both and mule, mule mission was awesome. Too many games out right now though, I need to go ahead and finish this to see these credits yall are talking about

NaviLink

Little technical question : are the Lost and Damned new radio tracks and talks-shows available in the regular GTA IV ? I've been playing for an hour or so and so far, the answer is no. Am I missing the tracks or are the two sets of packs separated ? Since each game has its own loading, I assume the latter.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
NaviLink said:
Little technical question : are the Lost and Damned new radio tracks and talks-shows available in the regular GTA IV ? I've been playing for an hour or so and so far, the answer is no. Am I missing the tracks or are the two sets of packs separated ? Since each game has its own loading, I assume the latter.

You can listen to all the new music in IV, but the new comedy bit and tv show content isn't there.

NaviLink said:
I know the new music carries over for sure, but I'm not sure about the talk shows.

So, many people think that Luis Fernando Lopez will be the main character in the 2nd episode. But I don't know, it seems a bit uninteresting...
Most of the cutscenes he appeared in GTA IV don't seem to bring interesting missions. The first time you see him at the bank robbery, yeah, well, what will the mission be like? Drive to the bank and watch the robbery? Then the next cutscene at the museum, the most interesting part (interrupting the deal) is a cut scene, escaping will be ok though. And the third time at the exchange with Niko he worked together with Bulgarin, that would be another boring mission.

Maybe it's just me but he seems like a way worse character than Johnny.

Milchmonster said:
So, many people think that Luis Fernando Lopez will be the main character in the 2nd episode. But I don't know, it seems a bit uninteresting...
Most of the cutscenes he appeared in GTA IV don't seem to bring interesting missions. The first time you see him at the bank robbery, yeah, well, what will the mission be like? Drive to the bank and watch the robbery? Then the next cutscene at the museum, the most interesting part (interrupting the deal) is a cut scene, escaping will be ok though. And the third time at the exchange with Niko he worked together with Bulgarin, that would be another boring mission.

Johnny seemed deathly boring to me when I played GTA 4 and I wasn't interested to play him at all until I started playing the lost and the damned.

That being said, I would love to play as Malc. He and Playboy are my two favorite minor characters of the GTA 4 universe.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Milchmonster said:

Like Mason said, that's pretty normal. He's suspposed to be a guy we don't know anything about. Both Johnny and Luis only have a few lines in IV. Expect his character and story to be fleshed out for the expansion.

A lot of it has to do with the other characters the protagonist surrounds himself with. Playing as Luis will be interesting because we'll see a lot more of a character we've only heard a few lines of: Gay Tony, plus crew.

oh and Luis did not
work with Bulgarin. Bulgarin was a third party that claimed the diamonds as his own. Fans believe that we'll get to finally finish the Bulgarin part of the storyline, killing him with Luis. This seems highly likely, since he's seen following Tony and Luis after all the parties scatter.

Stoney Mason said:
That being said, I would love to play as Malc. He and Playboy are my two favorite minor characters of the GTA 4 universe.
Malc is awesome. I love the dynamic between him and Johnny, and Harleys vs. Japanese models.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Holy shit kidnapping Roman was awesome. I'm supposed to go kill Billy in jail...is that the final mission?

edit-cool thanks, I guess I'll do the gang wars

allreal

seriously malc is tite. i would rather have him as the next expansion. i love that malc and johnny are so opposite, it just works really well when there doing a mission together.

Top Bottom