• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to sleep until I get more info.

But I still don't see why I should care so much. I'm in debt 2 grand and probably can't afford this game when it comes out.

Unless I steal some cars and sell them somehow. If only there was a car theft and murder sim I could play. FUCK. I'm stuck in a perpetual loop of catch 22's.

Himuro said:
Well think of it this way. The game costs 60 dollars and you have debt in $2000. What is that going to do to your debt? :D

Double it?

I'm not a scientist damnit. Is there a Math sim I can play? You are expecting too much of me sir.

madmook

Anybody know yet whether this'll have 3rd person free-aiming a la Saint's Row?

Edit: n/m, read the op... when was the RE4/GoW style aiming revealed?

KTallguy

Banned
I really loved GTA:VC, but I never tried San Andreas except for maybe 5 minutes of play.

One thing that really shocked me about VC is how when I visited Miami for a job interview, I was looking around and doing double takes at some of the scenery.

I hope that GTA4 lives up to the hype.

So, has it been confirmed we'll be getting previews galore tomorrow from various outlets?

I hope we get a confirmed release date soon, feels strange to have such a big title (and then Star Wars:TFU) released so early in the year. It's going to be like Christmas 2!

FightyF

Banned
Himuro said:
Eh. Doubt he was banned for that, mate.

Check his post history...

As a fan of Saint's Row and GTA, I really don't think that bringing up features of either or and mentioning the lack thereof in the other title, should be something frowned upon...

Himuro said:
It was confirmed like, before I even made this thread duder. IGN has already said they're gonna make a media blitz.

Ahh, I rarely check the big sites unless I have a reason to go there. Suppose I better venture to IGN to see if they have any further news on the preview.

Knowing my luck the NDA will be up in the evening US time, which means I'll be tucked up in bed. Darn time zones...

Tr4nce

FightyF said:
Check his post history...

As a fan of Saint's Row and GTA, I really don't think that bringing up features of either or and mentioning the lack thereof in the other title, should be something frowned upon...

I'm sorry, I do not fully understand you. Can you explain?

And what was he banned for? I checked his post history, but couldn't find anything disturbing?

Sorry for the offtopic Himuro.

FightyF

Banned
Tr4nce said:
I'm sorry, I do not fully understand you. Can you explain?

And what was he banned for? I checked his post history, but couldn't find anything disturbing?

Sorry for the offtopic Himuro.

Yeah, I'll PM you since this is derailing the topic. Sorry.

Wollan

Ot but 'Crap looking game? ps3 game confirmed lolz', 'ps3 is a inmobile tank without ammo lolz', 'PS3 version is gimped'..etc is probably what got him banned.

ANYWAYS... Hopefully the full control scheme will be revealed.

Dabanton

Kjellson said:
I suppose they will release a demo for this, right? If not, I'm fucked.

Well last week on TeamXbox they were doing a article about embargoes and the writer mentioned this
On Monday, I received a one-hour demo of Grand Theft Auto IV from representatives of Rockstar Games. No, I can’t tell you what I saw until January 23, which is when we can (and will) post our preview…unless, of course, the embargo date changes. (You’ll have to find Rockstar’s mailing address yourself, if you want to ask them to allow us to let you in on it earlier.)

I highly doubt that R* would release a demo as they never had before, but these are new times and new consoles. Last gen delivering demos online was unfeasible, but now most of us have our 360's and PS3's hooked up online. A demo even it had a countdown timer would be simply awesome. In reality though R* don't have to as they know the game will sell regardless.

But maybe just maybe...

Teknoman

Himuro said:
There was a demo for GTA2. :)

"Things will be different."

Still, there's no reason for a demo for a game like GTAIV. If they released a demo, they'd lose sales since a portion of the fans only just fuck around and kill people. If they can do that with the demo, why buy the full game for 60 dollars?

Hey it worked for Saints Row, and to a certain extent...Crackdown.

Tr4nce

So from tomorrow on, we can start expecting reviews and stuff? That would be awesome, since every GTA preview in the history of mankind (lulz) has hyped me up so much. Let it come!

Teknoman

Also i'd just like to say that I played and bought Crackdown for the game itself. H3 beta was just a bonus for me.

Toss some Double Dragon arranged tunes, Cowboy bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. tunes on a custom soundtrack for Crackdown, and you're good to go.

Teknoman said:
Also i'd just like to say that I played and bought Crackdown for the game itself. H3 beta was just a bonus for me.

Toss some Double Dragon arranged tunes, Cowboy bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. tunes on a custom soundtrack for Crackdown, and you're good to go.

I bought Crackdown for the demo, but after the demo was over I played the game, and was very, very impressed with what was there. What a fun game to play. The game is just fun.

FightyF

Banned
Himuro said:
There was a demo for GTA2. :)

"Things will be different."

Still, there's no reason for a demo for a game like GTAIV. If they released a demo, they'd lose sales since a portion of the fans only just fuck around and kill people. If they can do that with the demo, why buy the full game for 60 dollars?

Well, in SR it restricted where you could go, and you didn't see a wider variety of vehicles as a result.

But I agree...SR and Crackdown were unknown games that needed people to enjoy them to convince people to pick it up. GTA4...everyone's gonna pretty much pick it up regardless.

I wouldn't mind a demo, but the game certainly doesn't need one.

Dabanton

VindicatorZ said:
uh oh that drunk driving mission is gonna cause a stir, watch.

I don't think it's a mission it's just something you can do between them just hanging out with your cousin.

Which will cause a shitstorm, VC only had one mission where you drive 'drunk' this seems like you can do it multiple times.:lol

Stantron

VindicatorZ said:
uh oh that drunk driving mission is gonna cause a stir, watch.
It would be cool if the cops would pull you over and make you do a DUI test. If you pass, they leave you alone. If you fail, you make a mad dash for his patrol car and try to get away. :lol

deejay8595 said:
So there is suppose to be new news today right?

Apparently so, should be previews galore at some point.

If anyone can shed any light on what time they might be appearing...well, that would be just swell.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Supposed to be at 1:30pm EST I think. Or 12:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom