• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Ensirius

Day 1 buy again, PS4 this time. I can't wait to hop back into my Coquette, Entity XF, and Bati 801 after going completing story mode 100% once more.

R*, if you decide to change up the sounds of the vehicles, PLEASE LEAVE THE COQUETTE'S SOUND ALONE! It's perfect the way it is! Same with the soundtrack too!
You know you can transfer your progress right? Not that it will stop you from 100% thr game again :p

Will this include all extra content? I bought the PS3 special edition so i assume this version would include all the extras like clothes and weapons?

Derp

It knocks off 30% but only works on titles that are Aussie Taxed (e.g. XCOM: Enemy Unknown).
Oh wow... I had no idea this existed. Can two coupons be used at once? Because usually there are 25% discount coupons etc.. But can they be used on top of this one?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh wow... I had no idea this existed. Can two coupons be used at once? Because usually there are 25% discount coupons etc.. But can they be used on top of this one?

Nope. That's why I said the coupon doesn't quite close the gap as North Americans get a lower base price and a -20%/-25% coupon. For example, let's assume Enemy Unknown is 75% off and a -20% coupon can be used on top of that:

AU: $9.99 - 30% = $6.99
US: $7.50 - 20% = $6

Fjordson

Assumptions are being made because the trailer featured a new song. And the music in trailers is in the retail versions.
In the newest E3 one? That song is in the original game. Plays on Radio Mirror Park.

edit: gah, didn't refresh on my phone. Beaten multiple pages ago :p

Derp

Nope. That's why I said the coupon doesn't quite close the gap as North Americans get a lower base price and a -20%/-25% coupon. For example, let's assume Enemy Unknown is 75% off and a -20% coupon can be used on top of that:

AU: $9.99 - 30% = $6.99
US: $7.50 - 20% = $6
I see i see. Oh well. Better than nothing in my case i guess.

Waiting for GTA V now. So we can be sure Rockstar will sell it full price right?

twisted89

For those interested in mods some inside info - A high level script compiler for GTA V (see scocl) is in the works and is nearly complete.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Waiting for GTA V now. So we can be sure Rockstar will sell it full price right?

Yeah, I'd expect the game to be Aussie Taxed, although it's not entirely uncommon for a publisher to Aussie Tax on one service but forget about the others (at least initially), so you may get lucky -- The Witcher 3 had price parity with the US on Steam for the first couple of days, for example, despite being Aussie Taxed on GOG from the get-go.

Calmine

Really loved the butthurt this petition created.
I always had faith in a PC version, but allot of people took that shit too serious.

People still think GTAV port will be shit like GTAIV? How about people play Max Payne 3, that was the last game on PC using RAGE engine and Rockstar did an amazing job on optimisation.

Derp

The Witcher 3 had price parity with the US on Steam for the first couple of days, for example, despite being Aussie Taxed on GOG from the get-go.
I actually noticed that. Shocked me when the priced was eventually hiked.

I'll be grabbing the collectors edition for TW3 so i don't have a choice but to buy it from EB Games (Australian Gamestop). My wallet is crying. Oh well.

People still think GTAV port will be shit like GTAIV? How about people play Max Payne 3, that was the last game on PC using RAGE engine and Rockstar did an amazing job on optimisation.

are they on the same engine? because yeah MP3 was a good port and their last game on PC

clockpunk

I'm hoping (but doubting) that the small additions made to the game (such as extra cars via the GTA:Online event packs, might be better integrated into the core game - i.e. seen driving about like everything else, rather than one-offs in the world, gained for free in characters respective garages.

Pakoe

Indeed, that's what i keep saying!
MP3 ran great, no problems whatsoever. That's why i believe that GTAV will run perfect as well.

Rockstar, MORE UNDERWATER/
SUB
MISSIONS!

Looks incredible, but will probably wait until a digital sale, as I don't want to buy it again at what will almost certainly be full retail.

Betty

Banned
Just realized the trailer was 'captured on PS4' damn impressive. Just being able to play this with a dualshock 4 makes it an instant buy.

Grinchy

Banned
I can't stop thinking about this game. Why can't they put it out this summer instead. Hopefully someone at Rockstar is reading this and decides it's ok to just release it now.

Fan made. I don't think Rockstar has taken direct shots at other devs since the PS2 days. Remember Two-Faced Tanner? :p "Useless outside of his car."

KiFoPTy.jpg

xX0igTf.jpg

have they said anything about an user radio like in gta iv ? i remember that the radio was shared when i played gta : online, if it's indeed in the game the radio battles are gonna be intense

BibiMaghoo

If you transfer your saves over and you have 100% done the game / online, will all the cheevs pop at once ?

1) Only online is transferable by the statements made.

2) The trophy / achievement list will likely be seperate from the previous versions. I say this because a) It's happened many times with other titles on PS consoles, and b) because I sure as fuck want it to be true.

Top Bottom