• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 delayed to Jan 18 (EU) / 19 (JP) / 20 (US) 2017 + free DLC

well damn that is to close to resident evil 7 and kingdom hearts 2.8 gonna have to put this game off for a little bit now :(

I couldn't be more thankful. Like fuck I had enough time to play this with so many releases already. I haven't even touched the remaster of the first game yet.

To repeat what I said in the other thread before the lock, I don't really understand why anyone poo-pooing the possible idea of a WW delay. A WW push back on the date from the beginning of December to mid-end-January isn't a bad idea.

For the sake of argument, let's ignore all the other "big" games coming out in time for the holiday season that are theoretical distractions across the platforms (Battlefield 1, Mafia 3, CoD, Gears of War 4, Return to Arkham, Civilization 6, Titanfall 2, Skyrim - Special Edition, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Steep, Dead Rising 4). If we just focus on Japanese titles and assume those are the only relevant ones (which they aren't, but whatever), it still has to deal with Dragon Quest Builders, World of Final Fantasy, Dragonball Xenoverse 2, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian all getting out ahead of it.

If you move it to January, it gets nearly two months (or more depending on the game) between itself and those games, and only has Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0 and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 to compete with in that month. And it would get out ahead of them? I'd take that.

LiK

I don't think FFXV caused this delay. It's pretty clear that TLG did. Both GR2 and TLG are mid-range AA titles from Sony Japan which will live and die by word of mouth and player curiosity. They're not games with huge marketing efforts for the mainstream. As such, putting them too close to each other is not a great idea. FFXV doesn't even factor into this.

when FFXV is delayed to January, GR2 will be delayed again.

Now it can bomb in January instead of bombing in December.

Honestly, though, it'd be nice if the game does well. I loved the Gravity Rush remaster, so I'll be there day one, but I just can't see the game doing especially well no matter how uncrowded its release is. The free DLC is a nice touch, though.

I think word of mouth could of sold it. But the timing was just completely off.

Between being stuck next to FFXV and Last Guardian or next to Resident Evil 7 and Kingdom Hearts, it's basically a matter of picking their poison, really.

The second are granted probably less poisonous.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
January 20 - Gravity Rush 2
January 24 - RE7, Kingdom Hearts 2.8

welp

Roubjon

They should give out Gravity Rush Remastered in December for PS+. Maybe they could get more people interested in it and use that month for something.

Sooo, I guess I'll see if TLG is interesting, because beyond that, I have nothing to buy on PS4.

What was the last first party title Sony released for PS4? It can't be Uncharted 4, right?

Hey, free DLC is never a bad thing. It. is also just one month.

You really can't accept any date Sony gives for their titles though. No need to.

I mean I wouldn't have had time to play this in December what with FFXV & TLG coming out, but honestly January 20th isn't much better. Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Yakuza 0, and Resident Evil 7 all come out 4 days after this, and there's no way I can make time for all of these, so regardless of if it had come out in December or January, I'm still probably gonna miss out on something.

HMQYmmj.jpg

GeoramA

No South Park, GT Sport, or GR2 now. Never trust December release dates..lol

TLG and FFXV are what I'm closing 2016 with I guess.

Sooo, I guess I'll see if TLG is interesting, because beyond that, I have nothing to buy on PS4.

What was the last first party title Sony released for PS4? It can't be Uncharted 4, right?

If you count PSN games, tomorrow children would be the latest, and there are some VR first party games coming out next week, but uncharted 4 was the last big boxed first party game released this year.

calder

I finally got around to playing Remastered and just platinumed it a couple of days ago. I was hoping I'd get to play 2 a bit more quickly but free DLC sure makes up for it.

No South Park, GT Sport, or GR2 now. Never trust December release dates..lol

TLG and FFXV are what I'm closing 2016 with I guess.
The first two don't even have new dates dammit lol. Kh was delayed out of December too

I'll be closing with world of ff and ffxv I suppose and a couple vr titles. Crazy how small my purchases got

libregkd

Sorta figured Gravity Rush 2 would be delayed once The Last Guardian was delayed. There was no way Sony was going to release those 2 titles within days of each other. I'm fine with the delay though and the free DLC is nice.

tdwig

Neo Member
The year of delays continues!

I have no problem waiting until January for this my wallet already hurting enough this year. Much love for the free dlc offering!

And the als too my most hyped gets delayed, first they came for my mass effect then they came for persona and then it was South Park now they take gravity rush. I wanted to play this over winter break:(

Then it's a week before yakuza, I feel their audiences overlap.

That's fine, sending it against FF15 was basically sending it to die.

Now it has some breathing room to itself in a normally sort of lull month.

Yjynx

Do people really believe that RE7 will come out in January? Like its so close and we virtually know little about it. All sign point that it will be delayed.

Its position between yakuza 0.... And non main entry KH... It would do okay

D.Va

Neo Member
I hate everything. Free DLC is nice though, instead of a preorder bonus.

Edit: oh wait it's story dlc.

Top Bottom