• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 delayed to Jan 18 (EU) / 19 (JP) / 20 (US) 2017 + free DLC

calder

Finally got around to watching the TGS demo footage and wow do Kat and Raven kill a LOT of random soldiers ;)

The combat looks great

i assume there's some hand waving about how if people fall off the islands they get rescued probably

They were just doing The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV a favor by delaying the game; Kat was going to crush them with her multi-million selling IP.

Shin-chan

I'm glad they were pretty up front about it being a strategic delay. It's pretty clear that releasing both Japan studio games in the same week was kind of dumb. I think they should have just delayed both titles at the same time.

Anyway, free DLC is cool and a few weeks doesn't dampen my excitement for the game.

Megatron

So the delay is only a month? That's not so bad. I'm not sure it will make a difference sales-wise, which is a shame, but I can't wait for this game.

Free DLC is a nice move to make up for the delay.

Yeah.

Still brutal though. Holiday time to dig in would have been real nice. Oh well, January is usually still pretty light for me.

It helps that they didn't wait until a mere week or two in advance. And it admittedly makes sense not having TLG and GR2 release that on top of each other.

They were just doing The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV a favor by delaying the game; Kat was going to crush them with her multi-million selling IP.

A dream that I wish would somehow happen lol. GR is such a cool thing and GR2 looks fantastic.

Kyrios

Premium DLC for free for waiting about a month and a half? That's cool with me.
Gonna be a fun time alternating playing this and Yakuza 0.

Thank god...
wait a minute *looks at JAN/FEB titles*
4895612-0050994254-stare.jpg

Thoraxes

I'm not even surprised after the TLG delay.

I've got zero games on my list for January besides KH II.8 HD, so this will slot in nicely.

Edit: Shit, just saw that Yakuza 0 has a release date now.

kewlmyc

Goddamn, the first quarter of next year sucks for Japanese games in the west. Gonna have to get this at a later date cause I just can't afford everything.

Gravity Rush 2
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (still a stupid name)
Yakuza 0
Fate/Exella
Persona 5
Tales of Berseria
Nioh
Nier Automata
Kingdom Hearts II.8

This doesn't even include western games I want like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Can only afford time to play like 4 max.

Goddamn, the first quarter of next year sucks for Japanese games in the west. Gonna have to get this at a later date cause I just can't afford everything.

Gravity Rush 2
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (still a stupid name)
Yakuza 0
Fate/Exella
Persona 5
Tales of Berseria
Nioh
Nier Automata
Kingdom Hearts II.8

This doesn't even include western games I want like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Can only afford time to play like 4 max.

Tekken 7 is rumored for February as well but not concrete yet. Damn, what a packed beginning of the year I wont be able to get them all.

I will get Persona 5 and Nier and Horizon a month later.

Well, something has to come out in January.

I checked the previous release date, and I noticed it was extremely close to The Last Guardian. The delay is fitting, because this is third time that one created breathing room between Sony first party titles.

I'm referring to Spring 2015 (The Order:1886, Bloodborne) and Spring 2016 (Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4).

StereoVsn

Hopefully that release window will work better. I won't get far before Yakuza 0 release but still getting the game Day 1, no question. Free DLC is great any way you look at it.

jony_m

Sanity prevailed. The previous date was suicidal, but the new date is not great either. Maybe re7 will slip.

RexNovis

Banned
Sony's internal studios just need to stop announcing release dates until their games are a month from release. These delays are seriously getting out of hand.

I must have missed the rule that says you have to buy games when they come out. The collective sycophancy in this thread is laughable. Just because you clearly prefer to play other games it doesn't excuse Sony delaying yet another title in their dwindling first party output.

RexNovis

Banned
The games done. They're moving it so it doesn't die(as much). Blog post says this

Ok? Clearly the game being done has no bearing on if it will come out at the previously stated release date. I don't understand what that has to do with my comment. Like I said, they might as well just hold off on announcing the release date until it's a month out to avoid all the delays.

Ok? Clearly the game being done has no bearing on if it will come out at the previously stated release date. I don't understand what that has to do with my comment. Like I said, they might as well just hold off on announcing the release date until it's a month out to avoid all the delays.
Terrible sense here especially for a title like this. And even than something still could happen and they'd delay it. Delays happen stuff happens..it's really not a big deal

Loudninja

I must have missed the rule that says you have to buy games when they come out. The collective sycophancy in this thread is laughable. Just because you clearly prefer to play other games it doesn't excuse Sony delaying yet another title in their dwindling first party output.
Sales would be front loaded for a game like this.

So yes it matters when a small game likeis release.

BBboy20

Sony's internal studios just need to stop announcing release dates until their games are a month from release. These delays are seriously getting out of hand.
Something probably did go awry with the Last Guardian but yeah, it's another example of companies still not anticipating shit like this.

RexNovis

Banned
Terrible sense here especially for a title like this. And even than something still could happen and they'd delay it. Delays happen stuff happens..it's really not a big deal

Generally I'd agree with you but the amount of delays with their first party studios this gen is just absurd. Something is clearly amiss when nearly every single first party release has had at least one post release date announcement delay. My comment was just a suggestion. Regardless of whether they take that advice or not it's clear something needs to happen.

Have they mentioned the 'online features that allow for asynchronous player interaction' before now? I am assuming they have. First I've heard of GR2 having this feature, though.

Who cares if the games get delayed? Announcing release dates only a month head of time would stupid from a marketing perspective.

Generally I'd agree with you but the amount of delays with their first party studios this gen is just absurd. Something is clearly amiss when nearly every single first party release has had at least one post release date announcement delay. My comment was just a suggestion. Regardless of whether they take that advice or not it's clear something needs to happen.

No it's not clear at all and it is an AWFUL suggestion. It only matters to the few people that act like the world is ending when a game is delayed.

bigjig

Dwindling first party output in what sense? It's not like the game's been cancelled.

Aters

Just to be clear, the free DLC is not exclusive to pre-order, day one edition or anything like that right? I hope I can get it whenever I buy the game because I sure as hell don't have a single penny to spare in January.

jacobeid

Banned
Well this seals it. 2016 will be one of my least favorite years in gaming since like 2009.

Hyper Light Drifter, Doom, Uncharted, Forza Horizon, and Mafia III (depending on how it turns out) will be the only good games I played that released this year.

Edit: Clarifying that I'm not mad at the delay, I'm just super disappointed with this year. Also happy that we'll get the DLC for free.

Top Bottom