• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 delayed to Jan 18 (EU) / 19 (JP) / 20 (US) 2017 + free DLC

I'm still going through the original.

With my current backlog and everything else coming out, this delay is actually something of a relief. Should make for an excellent start to 2017.

Heartfyre

If they wanted to release it at a time when the most people would be playing it, they should have waited until the beginning of March.

I'll have a hard time fitting this in next to Kingdom Hearts II.8, Yakuza 0, Persona 5, and For Honor. And they're just two weeks apart from Gravity Rush 2.

If they wanted to release it at a time when the most people would be playing it, they should have waited until the beginning of March.

I'll have a hard time fitting this in next to Kingdom Hearts II.8, Yakuza 0, Persona 5, and For Honor. And they're just two weeks apart from Gravity Rush 2.

You can always get Gravity Rush 2 before then and play it for the 4-6 days it's out before the next game in your list (depending on your region).

For Kingdom Hearts, if you have played Dream Drop Distance before, you should be able to play 0.2 (a few hours of gameplay) and watch Back Cover (60 minute video) and then go back to GR2 / start Yakuza 0 and balance those two.

black070

A short wait to free up my time and game priorities to focus solely on this, with a little more content to boot - I can't complain.

Bah,Yakuza is releasing like a couple of days after. Gravity Queen or Dragon of Dojima??

Both for me! :)
This is one of a small number of games i'm looking forward to in the next half year, but i'm ok with this. Hopefully the delay benefits the sales prospects of the game.

silva1991

Can I ask you were did you get that number for SotC?

Shadow of the Colossus was released in 2005 for PS2. The game has sold more than 2.7 million copies worldwide, Sony said

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-colossus-movie-now-helmed-by-mama-director

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/4/6106845/shadow-of-the-colossus-movie-director-sony-pictures

That makes it as big or bigger than Bloodborne and leagues bigger than Persona let alone Gravity Rush

2+ millions for TLG is possible if it's good.

Kookos

I've waited 3 years for this, 1 month more doesn't bother me at all. And besides, I just got the Platinum trophy from GR Remastered yesterday. I'm good for now.

I've waited 3 years for this, 1 month more doesn't bother me at all. And besides, I just got the Platinum trophy from GR Remastered yesterday. I'm good for now.

It only bothers me because Christmas is the only time off I'll have anytime soon and I was planning for this to be the game I could sit down and concentrate on without worrying about work.

It'll still be a priority when it comes out but I'll not be able to enjoy it as much simply down to the release timing.

That's fine for me, SAO Hollow Realization and Civilization VI were already going to have my attention this Christmas and this will slot in nicely between them and Persona 5.

Zedark

Can I ask you were did you get that number for SotC?

It took some digging (that's why I didn't respond for an hour and a half), but I have found a statement directly from Sony (made by Sony Pictures Entertainment, a part of Sony) that SOTC has sold 2.7 million copies worldwide (see relevant quote below): ANDRÉS MUSCHIETTI TO DIRECT "SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS" FOR SONY PICTURES

Sony Pictures said:
Shadow of the Colossus, published by Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studio for PlayStation® 2, was directed and designed by revered Japanese video game developer Fumito Ueda. His unique minimalist design and artistic sensibilities have led his games, including Shadow’s predecessor, Ico, to achieve cult status worldwide. Shadow of the Colossus was named Best Game at the 6th Annual Game Developer’s Choice Awards and earned IGN awards for Best Adventure Game and Best Artistic Design. To date, the game has sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide.

Even better than I thought, Shadow of the Colossus was a major success!

Edit: Damn, dug so deep for this and still beaten. Need to improve my google skills it seems.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-colossus-movie-now-helmed-by-mama-director

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/4/6106845/shadow-of-the-colossus-movie-director-sony-pictures

That makes it as big or bigger than Bloodborne and leagues bigger than Persona let alone Gravity Rush

2+ millions for TLG is possible if it's good.

It took some digging (that's why I didn't respond for an hour and a half), but I have found a statement directly from Sony (made by Sony Pictures Entertainment, a part of Sony) that SOTC has sold 2.7 million copies worldwide (see relevant quote below): ANDRÉS MUSCHIETTI TO DIRECT "SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS" FOR SONY PICTURES

Thanks, that's a lot more then what I would've thought. Do you guys thing that they're including the HD collection for this?

duckroll

Thanks, that's a lot more then what I would've thought. Do you guys thing that they're including the HD collection for this?

Whenever PR statements list lifetime sales for something in the context of making it sound as successful as possible while announcing or promoting something related, it is safe to assume that they are counting total shipments of every single version of that title ever released on any platform.

Zedark

I do think so, otherwise the term "to date" would seem unnecessary: the PS2 version really isn't selling anymore in late 2014. Can't be certain about it though, and it is flimsy evidence at best.

Edit: And what Duckroll said. Still a major success, of course.

Whenever PR statements list lifetime sales for something in the context of making it sound as successful as possible while announcing or promoting something related, it is safe to assume that they are counting total shipments of every single version of that title ever released on any platform.

I do think so, otherwise the term "to date" would seem unnecessary: the PS2 version really isn't selling anymore in late 2014. Can't be certain about it though, and it is flimsy evidence at best.

Yeah that's what I thought, was a bit unsure since it was packaged as 2 games.

Thanks.

silva1991

Edit: Damn, dug so deep for this and still beaten. Need to improve my google skills it seems.

Nah, your source is better :p

Do we know how many GR sold on VITA??

Zedark

Nah, your source is better :p

Do we know how many GR sold on VITA??

Thanks!

All I can find is that the VITA version sold 100k in Japan during its first two months: https://twitter.com/K_Toyama/status/184976384882515968 (translated, via Siliconera, it says that the game has sold over 100k copies); while opening at roughly 43k sales in its first week.

So it has sold 100k in two months in Japan only. Logic would dictate that it could very well have doubled that number in its lifetime (or at least nearly have done that), so I think it is not terrible, although it is not very good either.

Jacknapes

Wise move, it would have got lost in the flow. And free DLC just makes the wait a little sweeter. I got quite a few games coming the next few months, so i probably wouldn't have had the time to play.

Persona 5 will get delayed, Horizon too. For Honor is also a good candidate. Everything will be delayed, it'll break my heart. February never stays this full.

As for GR2, it's most likely because of TLG. Game seems to be finished.

OléGunner;219235595 said:
Do you remember 2014?
That was a horror show of a year for games, the worst in many imo.
All the games you mentioned are better than 90% of the shit we got that year.

Not for Nintendo fans. 2014 was one of the best years ever, with Smash, Mario Kart, Tropical Freeze, Bayo 2, and so many other stuff on the Wii U and 3DS.

But otherwise, yea, the year DA:I was the critics' choice for GOTY was pretty terrible for AAA gaming. Outside of that bubble, 2014 wasn't really all that bad.

silva1991

Thanks!

All I can find is that the VITA version sold 100k in Japan during its first two months: https://twitter.com/K_Toyama/status/184976384882515968 (translated, via Siliconera, it says that the game has sold over 100k copies); while opening at roughly 43k sales in its first week.

So it has sold 100k in two months in Japan only. Logic would dictate that it could very well have doubled that number in its lifetime (or at least nearly have done that), so I think it is not terrible, although it is not very good either.

Thanks for the info man.

Not for Nintendo fans. 2014 was one of the best years ever, with Smash, Mario Kart, Tropical Freeze, Bayo 2, and so many other stuff on the Wii U and 3DS.

But otherwise, yea, the year DA:I was the critics' choice for GOTY was pretty terrible for AAA gaming. Outside of that bubble, 2014 wasn't really all that bad.

I acknowledged on the previous page that Nintendo games were amazing that year.
Otherwise I'm in agreement with you.

Mr Git

I'm okay with the delay - I still need to play through the first game, but much more surprised that it appears EU are getting it first by a day? In what crazy world does this ever happen.

Zedark

I'm okay with the delay - I still need to play through the first game, but much more surprised that it appears EU are getting it first by a day? In what crazy world does this ever happen.

Yeah, first time I've ever seen it happen, and the game had it before the delay as well, so it's not a coincidence, it seems. Perhaps it sold well in Europe? Most likely it has something to do with traditional release days or something (although that doesn't seem to add up).

Early 2017 year of PS4!

Gravity Rush 2
Persona 5
Horizon
Nier 2
Nioh
GT Sport
Dreams
MLB 17

And whatever else they haven't confirmed yet

Zedark

Early 2017 year of PS4!

Gravity Rush 2
Persona 5
Horizon
Nier 2
Nioh
GT Sport
Dreams
MLB 17

And whatever else they haven't confirmed yet

GT Sport had a generic 2017 release date, I doubt it'll be early 2017, same with Dreams.

Edit: by the way, where is the Dreams bèta? It was supposed to come this year.

I know that Sony seems to delay their games a lot but with all the buggy games that seem to have had a super strict deadline from a publisher it's probably a good thing that Sony is open to it but I was really looking forward to this so I'm kinda bummed.

Top Bottom