• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

...only this month? ;)

I pre-ordered it a long time ago :)

Well, Persona 5 does come out this year :p

Superplay videos of the first game show how to actually play it. The game doesn't explain everything you can do with the controls so most people just point and gravity kick their way through.

Holy shit that video.

someone was also doing great stuff with the lunar mode in the demo, but I don't have the link.

Maffis

What is the mission structure like? Is it like Infamous? Missions in the city where you basically just eliminate badguys, or are there more adventure and puzzles?

The first game played terribly, was boring and had nothing going for it besides the art style and the people behind it.

People who say the game played terribly should just say how they played the game. If this is how you played the game:

Gravity kick
Miss
Stop to re-orient yourself
Gravity kick again

You suck at the game.

Loved the first game. Would like to get the second one on day one but kingdom hearts has the priority, won't be able to get it untill summer or a really good sale.

xviper

before you pre-order and fall for Gaf's hype, try the Demo right now, you may change your mind like i did and save yourself 60$

People who say the game played terribly should just say how they played the game. If this is how you played the game:

Gravity kick
Miss
Gravity kick again

You suck at the game.
Sounds like a git gud. The game doesn't really explain itself very well. Especially when you consider alot of ppl complain about the controls

Haven't played the demo yet, but if it's just as fun as the first one, I'm more than likely going to pick it up a few days after release.

I played GR1 on vita but didn't finish it. Purchased a physical copy of GR1 on PS4 and forced myself to play the game until completion.

I feel like I now understand why people like the game, but I still do not. I don't care much for the setting or story, and feel like the gameplay needed much refinement. I'm not opposed to playing a sequel, yet I'd have to hear a lot of glowing feedback before I consider jumping in again.

delSai

I'll buy it, but not Day One. I'm terrible at juggling multiple things and Yakuza is more important to me, so that will be my game for the month.

I like Gravity Rush, but it has to wait a bit before i jump in.

LotusHD

Banned
In the process of reviewing the game right now. Canceled my pre order when I realized review copy was coming through.

Played about six hours so far. Went back and placed my pre order again. This game deserves my money. That's all I'll say until embargo time is up. Just... Listen to the OP.

Hmm, totally wanna ask you one question after the embargo is out the way lol

DocSeuss

Sorry, OP, I've sworn off buying any games I haven't preordered, and I've canceled a few of those already. Finger's hovering over the "cancel Resident Evil 7" button right now. Digimon is the only game for the forseeable future that is completely safe.

SkylineRKR

Demo doesn't explain that much. I beat GR1 about 2 times so I knew about the air combat, the sliding etc. New powers were nice. I razed through the demo blind folded though the framerate and camera were shit.

I will buy it based on GR1, and I have heard the demo was an ancient build.

Sounds like a git gud. The game doesn't really explain itself very well. Especially when you consider alot of ppl complain about the controls

I mean, it's not difficult like Dark Souls or anything. But it definitely doesn't explain everything to you (like shooting grenades mid-air in Vanquish).

I can get complaints about the controls on the Vita version since they relied on motion controls and you had to touch two the lower corners on the screen to slide (I can't tell if I'm touching them or not unless I'm looking) but the Remastered version takes care of that.

Retsudo

I just finished playing the remaster this week, having previously bought the Vita version when it came out, so i'm in day one. Glad to see so many people excited for this.

This, Persona 5, and Nier Automata are my only pre-orders right now.

Though I'd love to find out what kinds of benefits we Pro users will get in GR2.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Really bummed this isn't getting a vita release because the original on vita is one of my favorite handheld games ever, but I understand why it was likely never planned.

I am waiting for ace combat 7 to drop to snag that, this, blood borne, nier 2, ffxv and a few other ps4 / console exclusives I really want to play.

LotusHD

Banned
So the demo sucks? I might just buy it then. Depends on impressions now.

It sucks in the sense that it's an old build I guess, likely explaining some of the people having issues regarding framerate. At any rate, I don't see the final build bogging down the whole experience, but we only have to wait until the 10th to find out, so it's all good.

mcz117chief

Gravity kick
Miss
Gravity kick again

You suck at the game.

I just unlocked the second part of the city and this is almost the only thing I can do so far. Besides that I can do the tornado spin and ground throwing + melee but gravity kick seems to dispatch foes the fastest.

Maybe. Nier or Horizon are first priorities though

The GR2 demo didn't really impress me that much. I did like the first game though, mainly for the gravity flight.

BroBot

I'm getting Gravity Rush 2 since Raven is bae.

This was also the option but the alternative was in her words " if you come in this house with 4 games a week apart my Valentine day Better make me feel like you will when kh3 is in your hands"

Buy her a chocolate replica of the Divine Rose keyblade for Valentine's day.
I don't think that even exists.

Great thread OP!

I platinum"d GR on vita, then platinum"d it again on ps4, and i have every intention of continuing this pattern with the sequel.

The first game played terribly, was boring and had nothing going for it besides the art style and the people behind it.

I loved the world buildiong but would have rather it just been a traditional 3rd person action rpg rather than the terrible gravity shifting mechanics.

Good OP. Didn't know much about the game.

I really started out loving the first Gravity Rush and then slowly soured on it, steadily decreasing until I straight up disliked it. So hopefully the second game can pick up the pieces without the nasty second half missions that were so incredibly not fun to play. The game's mission design didn't gel with the controls or what was actually fun.

Dunan

I loved this game when it came out on the Vita. Played it right after End of Eternity for PS3, so when I found myself hankering for more of that Kohei Tanaka music, this game fit the bill as perfectly as you could possibly imagine. Incredibly fun to play; the Belgian comic book art style is a joy to look at; Kat is an enormously likable protagonist.

And if you didn't know that you can read most of the invented-alphabet writing that's all over the game, well, read this and give it a try. One of the best easter eggs of the generation!

Jocund

I've got a spooky feeling this game is on an express train to "gem" status

No one will buy it
The OT will be under 20 pages
Time will pass
A big summer/autumn sale will hit with GR2 innit
People will flock to the OT asking, "is this game cheeks?"
Hopefully the answer will be, "no, it's great! Buy it at any price!"
People will whip out credit cards
Front page, over the next couple months, will be flooded with LTTPs
Latecomers will regret not buying in sooner
Early adopters will feel a bittersweet satisfaction
Kat will continue to Kat

Draikin 2

Already pre-ordered digitally, I've been looking forward to the sequel ever since I finished the first game. It's also one of the only games I bothered to complete more than once in recent years. I've noticed there's not much discussion going on so I'm hoping it gets good reviews leading up to the release. Thanks for making this thread by the way!

EDIT: it might be worth pointing out the free Raven DLC in the OP?

I just unlocked the second part of the city and this is almost the only thing I can do so far. Besides that I can do the tornado spin and ground throwing + melee but gravity kick seems to dispatch foes the fastest.

They don't. There are easier ways to deal with enemies especially because some of them intentionally move out the way. You know that long Nevi with the three cores lined up vertically (you should have seen it in the ruined paths)? It'll run away from you if you're facing it's direction unless it's attacking. Chucking shit at it when it's attacking works better.

The swordfish Nevi, they'll dodge too if you just spam gravity kicks. The charging Nevi whose cores are just out of reach of the regular kick will move too. Counterattacks (R2+Left stick and square) and slamming kicks (square + circle) work much better than gravity kicks.

Of course, then there's the slide kick.

And everything becomes much cooler when you figure out how to move continuously:

press both triggers and nothing else before landing on a new ground
press the cross button while sliding and then square to start gravity kicking
move Kat while shifting with the left stick
move the camera around with the right stick while shifting/gravity kicking and then press square to gravity kick in a new direction.

It'll look like this:

L9ygJA.gif

LotusHD

Banned
I loved this game when it came out on the Vita. Played it right after End of Eternity for PS3, so when I found myself hankering for more of that Kohei Tanaka music, this game fit the bill as perfectly as you could possibly imagine. Incredibly fun to play; the Belgian comic book art style is a joy to look at; Kat is an enormously likable protagonist.

And if you didn't know that you can read most of the invented-alphabet writing that's all over the game, well, read this and give it a try. One of the best easter eggs of the generation!

Yea I've seen that article a few times. Pretty neat!

I've got a spooky feeling this game is on an express train to "gem" status

No one will buy it
The OT will be under 20 pages
Time will pass
A big summer/autumn sale will hit with GR2 innit
People will flock to the OT asking, "is this game cheeks?"
Hopefully the answer will be, "no, it's great! Buy it at any price!"
People will whip out credit cards
Front page, over the next couple months, will be flooded with LTTPs
Latecomers will regret not buying in sooner
Early adopters will feel a bittersweet satisfaction
Kat will continue to Kat

I think something similar happened with the Remastered OT having like 15 pages lol, and I've seen several LTTP here and there lol

Already pre-ordered digitally, I've been looking forward to the sequel ever since I finished the first game. It's also one of the only games I bothered to complete more than once in recent years. I've noticed there's not much discussion going on so I'm hoping it gets good reviews leading up to the release. Thanks for making this thread by the way!

No problem!

mcz117chief

They don't. There are easier ways to deal with enemies especially because some of them intentionally move out the way. You know that long Nevi with the three cores lined up vertically (you should have seen it in the ruined paths)? It'll run away from you if you're facing it's direction unless it's attacking. Chucking shit at it when it's attacking works better.

The swordfish Nevi, they'll dodge too if you just spam gravity kicks. The charging Nevi whose cores are just out of reach of the regular kick will move too. Counterattacks (R2+Left stick and square) and slamming kicks (square + circle) work much better than gravity kicks.

Of course, then there's the slide kick.

And everything becomes much cooler when you figure out how to move continuously:

press both triggers and nothing else before landing on a new ground
press the cross button while sliding and then square to start gravity kicking
move Kat while shifting with the left stick
move the camera around with the right stick while shifting/gravity kicking and then press square to gravity kick in a new direction.

It'll look like this:

L9ygJA.gif

Yeah, I do all that but gravity kicks still are the most versatile and I use them vast majority of the time.

Bog

Junior Ace
I own the Vita and PS4 versions of GR1. Never played more than an hour though. So while I'm not buying this one, you can thank me for being the reason Sony thinks there's an audience for GR2. :(

Remember, waiting for a sale says "I want this game, but I don't want more like it."

For a small proportion of invested enthusiasts like you and me. But they don't make up the market - all potential people interested in Gravity Rush 2 would have to think like this, and they won't.

I guess you could say I don't value GR2 at £46, which is true. I'd pay that for a game I'm super excited about and absolutely must play at launch. If its launch price was £32-35, like the niche Wii U first party games, I'd be there day one.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. I purchased Gravity Rush Remastered for PS4 a year ago. I completed three chapters but the game was making me light headed so I stopped playing it. Good game and I purchased it mainly for the sequel but if this one made me light headed, the sequel will obviously do the same thing and not completing the first game kind of makes it pointless. Do think that it will be a good 8 range game but sales wise, will do bad. Comes out at a bad time and it's a niche title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom