• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I do all that but gravity kicks still are the most versatile and I use them vast majority of the time.

They're versatile in the sense that like, only a few enemies can't be hit with them, but constantly gravity kicking is a sure way to become frustrated with the game.

In two humanoid boss fights (if you just reached Pleajeune, you haven't fought the first one yet), that's going to be really clear. It's much, much easier to beat them by chucking things at them on the ground than by trying to gravity kick them.

Day one. I adored the first one.

I try to encourage others, but usually they either they have no clue about the series or are waiting for a price drop, unfortunately.

I get it, money doesn't grow on trees etc...but games like this need our support to exist.

kingkaiser

Yeah, but I will wait for the inevitable price drop within the first weeks after release, just like I did with The Last Guardian.

th4tguy

Eventually when it goes on sale. I love the art style but the demo didn't sell me on it as much as Nioh and Nier did.
I have the first one on PS4 and Vita and haven't gotten past the intro in either.

Atolm

I don't know. I love the first but the transition to 30fps after the butter-smooth 60 of the remaster was rough, I didn't like the demo. And TLG lighting-fast price drop has burned me hard.

Wonko_C

I want to (and Yakuza 0) but my finances are so bad right now and work has been so sparse I've even had to miss entire meals a couple of times. Someone buy me a copy of each, LOL.

I'll get to buying them, one day, preferably before the second half of this year.

Springy

You're going to buy it, right?
wJzFHMT.gif

I really wanted to like the first game, but I bounced off it - hard - multiple times. I just don't think it's very fun to play.

OrochiJR

I will definitely get it, but not at launch day. Too many games I need to play/ finish on my backlog and currently trying to save money for the Switch launch.

mcz117chief

They're versatile in the sense that like, only a few enemies can't be hit with them, but constantly gravity kicking is a sure way to become frustrated with the game.

In two humanoid boss fights (if you just reached Pleajeune, you haven't fought the first one yet), that's going to be really clear. It's much, much easier to beat them by chucking things at them on the ground than by trying to gravity kick them.

Sure thing, I still use the other abilities to make the gameplay more variable or because it is advantageous (breaking shells by using the throw skill) but I still beat about 90% of my enemies with gravity kicks.

Xadjim

Banned
actually no. I wanted to give it another chance even though I thought that the vita game was underwhelming but after playing the new demo I knew that this game is not made for me.

This series will be one of the first games I get when/if I obtain a PS4. But I think I may only be able to get that console or the switch, so it the switch has a poor launch line then I'll probably grab the console.

Moofers

Nice thread, OP. I'll definitely be there for Gravity Rush 2 since I loved the first one so much. I'm not 100% sure I'll buy day one, but I probably won't wait too long. I highly doubt we'll get a third game but I'd like to try to support the effort.

Dantis

Nope.

I think the first game and the demo of the sequel are not good.

I'll probably rent it at some point though, just in case. But no purchase.

It's one of my most anticipated games and it would normally be an unquestionable day 1 for me but... I can't afford paying 60 euros for a game right now.
I'll have to wait for price drops on both this and Yakuza, 2 franchises I love and really want to support.
It pains me to say it but I wont buy it right away.

ironmang

Still really bummed this isn't coming to Vita. I know it'll sell better on PS4 but it's probably still going to bomb. I'll wait until I can get it for ~30 with GCU. Interested but not a day 1 for me.

Oneself

Got a physical copy pre-ordered. I played the 1st one remastered and it was alright.
Even if it probably won't be my favorite game, I'm buying it to support difference and originality within the AAA game space.

Bouniter

Will be getting this day 1 for sure I absolutely loved the first game.

The only thing stopping me from pre-ordering is in the UK none of the retailers I've found mention the pre order bonuses, does anyone know anything about this?

PixelatedBookake

The Remaster was spectacular (with some flaws regarding story and difficulty). If I have some money to spare I'm definitely gonna pick the sequel up.

Absolutely. I reckon this will be one of the best games releasing this year.

I feel like this series has the potential to be playstations Zelda, in terms of charm, aesthetics, and scratching the action adventure/rpg itch.

It needs to be priced more reasonably in the UK however. I don't buy games over £40...

JP

I'll definitely be getting it but not at launch, I just have far too much stuff left over from the deluge of games in the usually Christmas rush and the crazy PSN sales this year. I do still have a few of the challenges in the first game to complete too.

EDIT:
Horizon: Zero Dawn will probably be the next game that I buy.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Remastered this morning and if I like it i'll buy 2 in a few months when it's cheap. Yakuza 0 absolutely takes priority this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom