• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush character designer shows how Kat wears her clothing

ravenuxahd.png
That's animal abuse! :p

LotusHD

Banned
...I really should play Gravity Rush.

You should!

Why she hasn't been made the official Playstation mascot is beyond me.

Same. Unlike practically all the other mascots (Is Drake the only one really perceived as a mascot? I don't even know these days) or potential ones, she feels like she's applicable in virtually everything. Whether it's trailers, merchandise (Her and Dusty seem like such easy sales), market appeal (something young girls would presumably like, Japan would go crazy for her, people also love characters/designs that are cute af), promotes a clearly unique game, cosplay potential, putting her on the PS4 box, etc.

Also already has an established trend of dressing in different outfits, so it's easy to use her for the holidays, or any other important moments or w/e like this:

DNhYBoE.png

She comes off as one of those characters that has at least one thing about her that everyone can love. Where it's like even if she didn't become massively popular on her own naturally, I could see Sony finding a way to shove her down everyone's throats in so many ways, that it feels baffling that they haven't tried already. But of course, I am no marketing expert, but it's amusing to think about.

Ferr986

You should!

Same. Unlike practically all the other mascots (Is Drake the only one really perceived as a mascot? I don't even know these days) or potential ones, she feels like she's applicable in virtually everything. Whether it's trailers, merchandise (Her and Dusty seem like such easy sales), market appeal (something young girls would presumably like, Japan would go crazy for her, people also love characters/designs that are cute af), promotes a clearly unique game, cosplay potential, putting her on the PS4 box, etc.

Also already has an established trend of dressing in different outfits, so it's easy to use her for the holidays, or any other important moments or w/e like this:

DNhYBoE.png

She comes off as one of those characters that has at least one thing about her that everyone can love. Where it's like even if she didn't become massively popular on her own naturally, I could see Sony finding a way to shove her down everyone's throats in so many ways, that it feels baffling that they haven't tried already. But of course, I am no marketing expert, but it's amusing to think about.

Sony already has a mascot in Japan right? That white cat thing.

oh wow lol thats... edgy.

Kat seems like an adorable and tastefully designed character.

Also worth noting: A rare example of an empowered, playable female character who is explicitly interested in the men around her (Newt and Chaz, mostly). Take note, Western devs: hetero romance with a playable girl isn't impossible.

mollipen

Yea, though I guess we'd call it Kitten if the wiki is to believed. I like the name Kat better, but maybe Gravity Daze sounds better than Gravity Rush. Maybe...

She's also, so far as I understand, called "Gravity Kitten" in Japanese versus "Gravity Queen" in English. I totally get the change, but I kind of like the former.

That is super cute, I love Kat's design so much. The outfit has such a great contrasting color palette, too.

In some ways, I wish the diagram hadn't be drawn, because now I have more questions! What is the thin gold kinda-corset made out of to be able to stretch enough to get over her hips, but still tight enough to snap back to hold the playsuit in place on her torso? More questions.

Seriously, though, amazing design. It's cute and elegant all at once.

If you haven't played GR, I think you'd be surprised by some of the stuff in it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Now that's just an out-of context accidental reenactment of a Sistene Chapel scene

Hey! Plenty of us girls love Kat too! Don't encourage him.

I'm just not sure I want to be known as an "anime girl" though... they don't have the best of reputations.

No Anime Boys, no Anime Girls, we just all Anime

Top Bottom