• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush character designer shows how Kat wears her clothing

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Welp - this is my new phone background.

Zekes!

I always wondered why Kat's bodysuit was pillowy in certain places.

w8W9ZB.gif

did I just see Minnie topless

antibolo

Banned
Kat is absurdly cute. Like, how did they manage to make her so cute and likable? Remember the mission where she had a crush on that guy? Cutest thing ever.

Because Kat thinks and acts like a normal girl, and not a walking pile of tropes.

So cute.

Sony should do more with Kat outside of Gravity Rush.

She was in PSASBR, where she got to have an angry conversation with guy from Starhawk, even though they shouldn't be able to understand each other.

maouvin

Damn, was hoping to see Kat naked!

HEY

Take the towel scene from GR1 and be satisfied already!

hope he has a step by step for the rags she'll be wearing once the game bombas :p

You awful being :(

On one hand, this is a great way to humanize the character, but on the other hand, it just goes to show how ridiculous the design is because Kat's gotta be spending a ton of time getting dressed each morning.

It's our fault for not using one of her alternate costumes.
Not that any from GR1 are exactly quick to wear. But the tanktop + shorts from GR2 would.

DrArchon

On one hand, this is a great way to humanize the character, but on the other hand, it just goes to show how ridiculous the design is because Kat's gotta be spending a ton of time getting dressed each morning.

Super cute though.

Zoe

Super cute though.

Doesn't seem to take more time than any other fashionable outfit with accessories.

Faustek

hope he has a step by step for the rags she'll be wearing once the game bombas :p

Don't be an ass.... Even if it's very likely that it'll bomb no need to be an ass about it.

_______

Yes, are people actually so insane that they are truly demanding realism in clothing choices when the subject in question is so far removed from realism it can be? Tiny people that try to find something to anchor them in the real world instead of just diving in and disappearing in the fantasy?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Kat really does have a cool design.

lol! nice

DrArchon

Doesn't seem to take more time than any other fashionable outfit with accessories.

Yeah, it's not as bad as I thought it was. I saw this on Destructoid that the metal frame bits are elastic and can stretch and squash so it's probably a lot easier to get on than I thought at first. I thought they were rigid metal bits and would be awful to slip into.

It's no t-shirt and shorts or anything, but it's probably easier to get on than a TON of video game protagonists' costumes.

It most likely will not "bomba". This is one of the most obnoxious memes in gaming because of his misused it is. People rarely take into account what the budget of a game is like when they just toss around the term. Look at something like the Yakuza series. There are 13 entries including spinoffs and remakes in that series, but Sega just announced that in total the series sold 9m units. Now those that love to throw around "BOMBA BOMBA!" would likely consider those bombs. But Sega's obviously happy with the sales as there have been 13 entries in the series.

Some games don't need to sell millions of copies to be a success if they're budgeted with sales expectations in mind. It's no different from how often people would push this idea that The Last Guardian would "bomba", even though Yoshida had told people that it's budget is nowhere near as big as some seemed to think it was. The original GR seemed to perform just fine, Sony Japan even celebrated its once year anniversary after it was released. I don't know why its sequel would be any different.

It most likely will not "bomba". This is one of the most obnoxious memes in gaming because of his misused it is. People rarely take into account what the budget of a game is like when they just toss around the term. Look at something like the Yakuza series. There are 13 entries including spinoffs and remakes in that series, but Sega just announced that in total the series sold 9m units. Now those that love to throw around "BOMBA BOMBA!" would likely consider those bombs. But Sega's obviously happy with the sales as there have been 13 entries in the series.

Some games don't need to sell millions of copies to be a success if they're budgeted with sales expectations in mind. It's no different from how often people would push this idea that The Last Guardian would "bomba", even though Yoshida had told people that it's budget is nowhere near as big as some seemed to think it was. The original GR seemed to perform just fine, Sony Japan even celebrated its once year anniversary after it was released. I don't know why its sequel would be any different.
Well said. I also would like to add that most people are ignorant of the fact that tlg's budget is lower than a game like horizon, according to shu

Top Bottom