• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great Game or Greatest Game Ever? (Game Informer Exclusive - TIM SCHAFER's new game!)

watkinzez

Okay then.

-Third person action game that takes place on one giant continent. Main character Eddie Riggs wields an axe and a guitar that can literally melt faces off.
-Recuit classes of roadies that can help you in battle- headbangers crowd around you in a deadly mosh pit, say.
-Lots of allegory stuff that appeared in Psychonauts, only now relevant to the world of rock.
-Art style a mold of Nordic fantasy landscape with heavy metal mythology.
-Voice talent from Jack Black, Motorhead's Lemmy, Judas Priest's Rob Halford, Black Sabbath's Ronnie James Dio.
-Soundtrack consisting of songs from Black Sabbath, Kiss, Candlemass and Killenstein. Rob Halford, Zakk Wylde, Skolde, Wolfmother, Judas Priest and Ronnie James Dio all plan to offer new material for the game.
-Online multiplayer confirmed, but details under wraps.
-2008 release.

There's lots of homages and nods to heavy metal mythology that I'm not picking up, but fans will definitely appreciate. And the art style? You've got nothing to worry about.

traveler

Not Wario
watkinzez said:
Okay then.

-Third person action game that takes place on one giant continent. Main character Eddie Riggs wields an axe and a guitar that can literally melt faces off.
-Recuit classes of roadies that can help you in battle- headbangers crowd around you in a deadly mosh pit, say.
-Lots of allegory stuff that appeared in Psychonauts, only now relevant to the world of rock.
-Voice talent from Jack Black, Motorhead's Lemmy, Judas Priest's Rob Halford, Black Sabbath's Ronnie James Dio.
-Soundtrack consisting of songs from Black Sabbath, Kiss, Candlemass and Killenstein. Rob Halford, Zakk Wylde, Skolde, Wolfmother, Judas Priest and Ronnie James Dio all plan to offer new material for the game.
-2008 release.

There's lots of homages and nods to heavy metal mythology that I'm not picking up, but fans will definitely appreciate.

AWESOME

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
watkinzez said:
Okay then.

-2008 release.

There's lots of homages and nods to heavy metal mythology that I'm not picking up, but fans will definitely appreciate. And the art style? You've got nothing to worry about.
:lol That sounds awesome, and God knows my 360 needs more games like this. :D

Though it does need some platformers as well. :(

wazoo

watkinzez said:
Okay then.

Too Human rip off confirmed. Denis was right. He should not have done any preview.

Borys

Banned
Thanks to Stranton here's a cleaner GI cover:

01gami_175_cov_a.jpg

watkinzez said:
Okay then.

-2008 release.

Sweet!

BTW, check your PM's.

Acosta

Awesome, simply awesome. In Schafer we trust (and, surely, we won´t have to suffer for another game from him not getting the sales it deserves).

Best reveal of the year. Great choice going multiplatform, I think Vivendi will ensure the game will sell better by forcing Double Fine to include multiplayer and keeping things on a slight leesh. I think it's for the best if they want to continue to create such original games.

I can't imagine Schafer went into it with MP in mind.

Mindlog

I'm in line, gl TS :)

Looking forward to it.

and it seems to be more rock as opposed to 'metal', but I don't mean to digress to far into genre labels

the trailer was awesome.

nothing like Full Thorttle at all (Full Throttle is my favorite Tim Schafer game, but people were comparing the two earlier in the thread, hopefully the trailer sets them straight.)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i <3 psychonauts, but until i saw that trailer i was unsure of this game's concept

until i saw that trailer

Cool CG trailer. The in-game graphics could easily be mistaken for an Xbox
or Wii
game, unfortunately, but overall it looks very promising.

karasu

Father_Brain said:
Cool CG trailer. The in-game graphics could easily be mistaken for an Xbox
or Wii
game, unfortunately, but overall it looks very promising.

Where did you see in-game graphics?

madara

Ah looks like they found a setting that will have more appeal then last few games. At same time it doesnt quite feel like a sell out with all blood, gore and usual casual market stuff if the comedy, gameplay and characters deliver.

Prvt.Pegleg said:
If they have Beezleboss (or whatever the hell it is) play during the last fight then this game already beats BioShock.

if it does, it will fail.

no need to recycle Tenacious D music, only new stuff for the game.

HugBasket

Banned
Linkzg said:
if it does, it will fail.

no need to recycle Tenacious D music, only new stuff for the game.

If they can have a song that has better line that "deactivated lasers with my dick" then I'll agree with you.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
What's with people ragging on the graphics, they look pretty awesome to me. Is Art Direction a dirty word round these parts or something?

Top Bottom