• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Lain

Wait what? They mislabelled the keys? Is it possible to blow that key if you already have XCOM on Steam? That has me a little worried.

The key starts with "XCOM:" so that helps, plus steam won't let you redeem keys for games you already own (at least I think that is how it works?).

antitrop

The key starts with "XCOM:" so that helps, plus steam won't let you redeem keys for games you already own (at least I think that is how it works?).

Ya, it wouldn't let me put an additional XCOM key on Steam, so I just sent it to someone via PM.

legacyzero

Banned
NOOOOO

i38MCwItkPK3H.png

Aretak

Got my Infinite and XCOM keys via email a couple of hours ago (Spec Ops and orignal BioShock were instant). Can't say I've had any problems with GMG, though I've only ever pre-ordered one other thing with them before, which was FM13 and I got the key a few days before release for that too.

It's not. I'm in the US and I paid it off last October and I don't have any keys yet.

I'm pretty sure something like this happened with Boarderlands 2 where the later pre-orders got the keys before those who pre-ordered earlier. Wish I remembered that before buying the game several months ago.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Cant access keys, just heard someone got their bioshock infinite key when they bought it recently

Megasoum

Banned
Oh...ok, from the GMG Blog

Hey everyone - we've got some important information about BioShock Infinite keys.

Our automated system is currently sending out BioShock Infinite keys - we were only able to start sending keys when the pre-load opened. The game launches on Tuesday so we will have the keys with you in good time to pre-load and start playing.

Due to high sales on this title we have taken some steps to speed things up. Most notably we have taken down the Keys and Game History section of the Account temporarily. Many people were hitting this area looking for their key since the pre-load was announced and this was severely impacting the actual sending of keys. There is no need to access this section of your Account as you will receive an email with your key. Sorry about this, but it will help.

Once keys have been despatched we will bring these sections back.

/Darren

I guess I can stop refreshing the key page now lol

BraXzy

I haven't had an email off GMG since my initial purchase, still got time I guess!

EDIT: Just seen the blog post, wouldn't it make more sense to send that in an email to all customers?

Megasoum

Banned
I haven't had an email off GMG since my initial purchase, still got time I guess!

EDIT: Just seen the blog post, wouldn't it make more sense to send that in an email to all customers?

Well considering that they are having difficulties sending out all the keys via emails because there's too many sales they won't go and send a mail to every members too, it would just add to the problem lol.

Megasoum

Banned
No sign of a key yet... still waiting.

Yeah same for me but anyway, I'm not really in a hurry. I'll have more than enough time to download the game before tuesday night (btw anybody know how big the download on steam?) and I already have X-Com so I just want the second key to sell it at work on monday lol.

nbthedude

Still no Infinite key. :/

I've been alt+tabing out of RE6 every hour or so for the last three just to check the site and it's still "loading keys."

Bioshock Infinite broke Greenman gaming apparently.

Oh well, as long as it is fixed in the next couple of days in time for me to preload that's fine.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I just ordered and I got an email with codes for all games including Infinite. Good deal!

So they take my money a month ago, I don't get a key, folks buying now get them instantly. I really wish I knew what kind of crack these people are mainlining.

r3n4ud

So they take my money a month ago, I don't get a key, folks buying now get them instantly. I really wish I knew what kind of crack these people are mainlining.

I don't know why, but it seems this is always the case with Greenman. Well, for me anyways...

Added the Bioshock Inifnite deal to my cart, but there is no mention of XCOM.

Will I still get it, or is it supposed to be listed in the cart but the deal doesn't work because I'm in ANZ region or something like that?

NZNova

It certainly seems like an odd way to do it. Have they ever offered some kind of explanation as to why it works that way?

Lain

I'd guess it takes more time to add keys/send emails to already processed orders than it takes to assign a key to new orders once they have those keys available to hand out.

nbthedude

I don't know why it matters. As long as you get it in enough time to preload. It is not like people who get it first get to play the game sooner.

Lain

Ah shit I already own XCOM through GMG so it probably won't add to cart for that reason.

Shame, was gonna give it away.

If you mean only 3 games showing in the cart, that was the same for me as well, but I still received XCOM. It's like XCOM is a hidden bonus (the key for it was under the Bioshock Infinite listing too).

Does the GMG20-NT7TS-SY2RT code work with any of the discounted Sega stuff? I tried it on AvP but it didn't do anything. I mean, it didn't say it had applied, or that it was rejected, and I'm not sure if its not working because it doesn't apply, or because the site is broken and slow currently.

If you mean only 3 games showing in the cart, that was the same for me as well, but I got still got XCOM. It's like XCOM is an hidden bonus (the key for it was under the Bioshock Infinite listing too).

So even if I already had it, I would still get it?

hitmon

Does the GMG20-NT7TS-SY2RT code work with any of the discounted Sega stuff? I tried it on AvP but it didn't do anything. I mean, it didn't say it had applied, or that it was rejected, and I'm not sure if its not working because it doesn't apply, or because the site is broken and slow currently.

So even if I already had it, I would still get it?

That code expired an hour and a half ago.

And the site is down for me again, just as I was about to order.

Top Bottom