• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greenberg "BIG Hellblade II global and regional Marketing starts next week"

j0hnnix

Coming Soon Wink Wink GIF by Age Of Empires Community

I don't get it. This game is what, 6-8 hours long with seemingly no replay value and a reduced price tag. Why are they putting so much marketing money into it? I'd understand if this were Fable or Perfect Dark but Hellblade?

Yea the tweets are fine but some of the other stuff they are doing I just don't get.

Ozriel

M$FT
I don't get it. This game is what, 6-8 hours long with seemingly no replay value and a reduced price tag. Why are they putting so much marketing money into it? I'd understand if this were Fable or Perfect Dark but Hellblade?

Where’s the ‘so much marketing money’ you’re seeing?

Cyberpunkd

With this sequel, MS is probably investing too much money and resources on a game that might not have that broad mass appeal.
I would say the chance that a game making you depressed while highlighting mental health issues will never have a broad mass appeal. I’m sure someone at Microsoft sees that as a pet project though.

Hellblade was a nice AA game, with a decent following. But it was never a huge blockbuster or system seller.
With this sequel, MS is probably investing too much money and resources on a game that might not have that broad mass appeal.
I think you're confusing the first game (much lower budget) to this far bigger budget sequel. You don't spend a significant amount time and money on a game to not actually promote it significantly, that makes zero business sense.

Come on choro, surely you're not that stupid to think that they just panic-rolled the marketing because you searched for some keywords on twitter?
as I said, Greenbear coming out to say when the marketing is going to start when you have a bunch of people complaining/making fun of is what's pathetic.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
as I said, Greenbear coming out to say when the marketing is going to start when you have a bunch of people complaining/making fun of is what's pathetic.

Yes I'm sure these decisions about when marketing blitz's need to start are made on the whim of twitter responses and not planned months in advance.

You nailed it.

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

Less than 1 hr (maybe 45 minutes), quit and deleted the game. Must had been 50% cutscenes.
I actually get that since that was my initial reaction when it first came out. I think I didnt understand what they wanted from the 1st or 2nd puzzle and bailed. But I played it about a month ago and completed it. I'll just say no normal person is beating this game in 3 hours and posting that like its accurate is totally misleading. The game is more story focused for sure and I dont think it will appeal to everyone, but I actually really enjoyed it once I got into it. Surprisingly solid combat system with more options than you would expect given how much people are exaggerating the lack of gameplay here. Multiple solid boss fights. Multiple puzzles.

There's room for improvement which I hope I see in the sequel, but acting like this is some 3 hour cutscene is just literally not reality.

Top Bottom