• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greenville man fires back after Amy Schumer's Instagram post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like she's trying to incite a riot. I will NEVER take pics again with people. Thank this guy, hint hint.

It's par for the course with celebrities. Should he be more courteous with her time? Of course, but she's different than me or you. She exists because of the public. Gotta do the handshaking and all that other stuff that goes along with being a celeb. She commands a lot of influence and people acknowledging her influence by asking for a picture isn't harrassment.

Nope she exists because she makes people laugh on stage, on tv or on film. She's allowed to walk down the street and not be harassed.

And what she described is harassment. Look at that picture she's clearly not wanting to pose with him.

She doesn't owe people shit. Come on. Your rationale is basically verbatim what that guy supposedly said to her. That the public owns her.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Hello random celebrity
eLNEGEW.jpg

This is my favourite cringe picture ever.

Sounds like she's trying to incite a riot. I will NEVER take pics again with people. Thank this guy, hint hint.

It's par for the course with celebrities. Should he be more courteous with her time? Of course, but she's different than me or you. She exists because of the public. Gotta do the handshaking and all that other stuff that goes along with being a celeb. She commands a lot of influence and people acknowledging her influence by asking for a picture isn't harrassment.

IM THE REASON YOU EXIST YOU OWE ME THISSSS

Obviously a monster with the smile and thumbs up. Hope he doesn't suffer from any internet mob seeking justice in the name of Amy.

No one's using the word "monster," but she's visibly annoyed and upset at the intrusion, so what word would you use to describe someone who causes that feeling in another person and proceeds to smile and give himself a thumbs up?

entremet

I will never understand celebrity worship. Leave them alone. They don't care about you.

Leave that stuff for book signings and public appearances.

I'll never understand celebrity culture.

Why do people want to get photos with people they'll never know? I've never met Amy Schumer, but outside of her comedy, she looks like a normal boring Jill Everybody. Who cares if you got a photo with her?

Honestly if I see a celeb I'd just say their name and move on, as corny as that sounds or if I'm face to face I'll say I love their work etc

Won't try to get in their way to get a selfie or etc, just let them be.

Lol damn at that pic of Chloe , cringe X creepy as fuck

I'll never understand celebrity culture.

Why do people want to get photos with people they'll never know? I've never met Amy Schumer, but outside of her comedy, she looks like a normal boring Jill Everybody. Who cares if you got a photo with her?

Why do people take pictures at all?

norm9

No one's using the word "monster," but she's visibly annoyed and upset at the intrusion, so what word would you use to describe someone who causes that feeling in another person and proceeds to smile and give himself a thumbs up?

An annoying fan? Maybe an annoying fan who doesn't know they're being annoying?

ThisGuy

Lol, dude took a photo of a celeb. He's not an asshole. Social media is a major part of our society now, he didn't break the law, he wasn't rude. He even apologized. He is not an asshole. He's normal.

I was cool with schumer up until she sought mob justice on the internet and clearly made him out to be worse than what he is. And bringing his kid into it? Scummy thing to do.

Korey

I really don't know how to phrase the title, so I just used the one from the article.

Her post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1LsFhKUGw/?taken-by=amyschumer

His, with video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1LdIzvLqN2oiapJ47UqgD-R7cBlHnQe3quHw0/

tl;dr

Dude sees Amy, wants to take a pic and Amy flips her shit in response, puts him on blast for social media to tear into him, and he responds with his account with the above video of him apologizing and not being aggressive in it.

Source: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/31...photos-after-encounter-with-man-in-greenville

Edit: I should iterate, for whatever it's worth, that I know of this guy through my group of friends, and he'd never do this sort of thing. Just an odd situation all around.

Are you only taking his side because you "know of him"?

He's in the wrong. She obviously didn't want her photo taken and he's snapping away without her permission. That's all you need to know.

Just because she's a celebrity doesn't mean you shouldn't be courteous. Any other person you'd ask them first before running up to them and taking selfies with them.

What mob?

No one knew who he was until he came forward.

Is she not allowed to go about her day without being harassed just because she's a celebrity?

No one's saying she isn't entitled to that, just that the response is childish. I've seen plenty of stories of celebrities trying to rally their followers like they're their personal army. It's sickening.

No one knew his name, but they know his face. Don't act like people are anonymous on the internet anymore. Saying "I'm not taking any more photos thanks to this dude in Greenville" coupled with the picture seems like a call out to me.

Going for a run with headphones in and sunglasses on, obviousyl doesn't want to be bothered... kinda weird to walk/run up to her and try to take a video of her with you in the frame. She probably didn't need to take a pic of him and instagram it either. Hard to know what actually happened since we have a 2 second video and the picture she took.

Lol, dude took a photo of a celeb. He's not an asshole. Social media is a major part of our society now, he didn't break the law, he wasn't rude. He even apologized. He is not an asshole. He's normal.

I was cool with schumer up until she sought mob justice on the internet and clearly made him out to be worse than what he is. And bringing his kid into it? Scummy thing to do.

how is he not an asshole.. she looks like she's on a private walk/jog around the block

she's not at a celebrity press event

Are you only taking his side because you "know of him"?

He's in the wrong. She obviously didn't want her photo taken and he's snapping away without her permission. That's all you need to know.

Just because she's a celebrity doesn't mean you shouldn't be courteous. Any other person you'd ask them first before running up to them and taking selfies with them.

Like I said, for whatever it's worth, I know he probably wouldn't go into a tirade about owning her.

That being said, I don't disagree with asking someone for a selfie and going away if they said no. I did that recently - took a picture of a celeb - and felt really weird and shitty about it. Like, that's a human being. So I instead approached them and asked them if they wanted to play some games (this was at PAX) like a normal human being.

Edit: The call out, if it isn't the case that he said that, is duly uncalled for. But who know? Maybe the dude flipped out?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
She might have made up the story to get people to stop taking pictures of her, she looks really aggravated in that picture. I can't blame her if she did lie.

Celebrities have bad days too. You can never know what's going on in someone's head. They could have received bad news or just feel terrible. So it always surprises me how angry fans get when they have a poor interaction with a celeb. The only thing celebs owe anyone is the work they create.

And truthfully it's much more interesting to have a poor experience than a nice one. Makes a much better story to tell your friends.

TyrantII

I get how annoying it probably is for dozens of people to take pictures of someone without their picture, and I also get how people aren't interested in celebrities or their day to day lives.

That being said, if you see an individual that you really admire, you're not at least going to say hello or share some kind words of admiration?

Not if the situation doesn't allow it. I don't want strangers accosting me while I'm out about my bussiness and I doubt they do either.

A friendly hello is appropriate. If someone engages after that, then by all means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom