• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grey's Anatomy S13 |OT| Taking bets on which major character dies next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

I'm starting to think thats where they're headed after the Jo breakup. Can easily see it happen as the final story arc for the show if both actors are still on the show during the final season.

God no. If ever they do that, it'll only go downhill for those 2 characters. Give Meredith Riggs and let Karev handle his own shit right now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
really liked this episode
sassy miranda
sarcy meredith
owen/amelia pregnancy

just nice tv

this thread being repeatedly active since the last episode made me think that something major was going to go down, was a pleasant surprise

theWB27

Man. Jo is super annoying. Alex needs to find a normal girl and stop getting with these crazies.

And if he can't find one is it wrong for me to want Alex and Meredith to get together? They are basically bffs at this point with most of the original cast gone or dead. :|

Yes. Alex is Yang and Mer wouldn't have got with Yang so why Alex.

He's her person.

I really enjoyed this last episode. Felt like we learned a lot about several of the characters, especially Weber. It's strange to think Weber has been around for 13 seasons, but we really don't know anything about him, in terms of his family, beyond his wives/girlfriends and his kids.

Joni

Amazing episode. Also seems clear they'll bring in Bridget Reagan for a couple of episodes later down the road, where she turns out to be alive.

I really enjoyed this last episode. Felt like we learned a lot about several of the characters, especially Weber. It's strange to think Weber has been around for 13 seasons, but we really don't know anything about him, in terms of his family, beyond his wives/girlfriends and his kids.
We met his sister and niece I believe.

We met his sister and niece I believe.

That's true. I guess, I meant we hadn't learned anything about his parents, but we met the parents or learned about the parents of Meredith, Karev, George, Izzie, Jackson, Kepner, Derek, Amelia, Addison, Callie, Lexie, etc. There's a few others whose parents we haven't met (Miranda, I think?), but really, we've learned about most characters parents by now.

Xenoboy

That's true. I guess, I meant we hadn't learned anything about his parents, but we met the parents or learned about the parents of Meredith, Karev, George, Izzie, Jackson, Kepner, Derek, Amelia, Addison, Callie, Lexie, etc. There's a few others whose parents we haven't met (Miranda, I think?), but really, we've learned about most characters parents by now.

We met Miranda's dad around the time she divorced her first husband.

Oh wow, she is a new Arizona.

The woman that is taking over Chief's job and hitting on Arizona?

Also, I enjoyed the last episode. Cliffhanger-y as expected, but not overly so. I am getting a little tired of Owen getting shafted. Feels like he's had 8(?) seasons of getting screwed over by someone or some thing.

Joni

The woman that is taking over Chief's job and hitting on Arizona?

Also, I enjoyed the last episode. Cliffhanger-y as expected, but not overly so. I am getting a little tired of Owen getting shafted. Feels like he's had 8(?) seasons of getting screwed over by someone or some thing.
Yes, the girl replacing Webber.
The actress for Amelia is on maternity leave for a month.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Won't be watching this season until it is available in its entirety on Netflix, but I will just say this:

Arizona dies.

Joni

I mean, isn't it winter break for them for 2 months anyway? I always assumed they don't film for most of that time, but I guess I honestly don't know.
They start filming quite soon, an episode takes two weeks to film for most network shows.

firelogic

They left off on a major cliffhanger and went on hiatus for months and then... largely a completely unrelated episode. Did I miss something?

Well, they gave a bit of info about Alex's situation at the last 30 seconds or so. But yeah, it was bizarre.

Major issue I had with the episode? The baby was 31 weeks when it was born. Most babies born at that stage would be high-risk births. The baby they showed after that was freaking huge for a newborn (I know I know, that's always the case with stunt doubles used as new-borns), but damn, why even have it be a 31 week pregnancy at all if they're going to not have any concern whatsoever about it?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
They left off on a major cliffhanger and went on hiatus for months and then... largely a completely unrelated episode. Did I miss something?
Guess they didn't want to jump right back into that without first giving Jo some screen time before kicking her in the gut with the news.

RedAssedApe

Banned
yeah last week's episode was weird because it was the mid-season premiere but it ended up being one of those one off filler episodes they stick in during a long season.

have this stupid secret husband show up already. also...what happened to background checks :p

I didn't want to see that ice hockey dude's wound.

How the hell was that guy walking around? Seems like he should be in excruciating pain.

And I can see all the shippers now thinking Alex and Meredith will have sex with the way that episode ended.

RedAssedApe

Banned
How the hell was that guy walking around? Seems like he should be in excruciating pain.

And I can see all the shippers now thinking Alex and Meredith will have sex with the way that episode ended.

What are they in their 40s now? Don't see too many adults sleeping in each other's beds like that at that age if they aren't doing the nasty lol

Joni

What are they in their 40s now? Don't see too many adults sleeping in each other's beds like that at that age if they aren't doing the nasty lol
He is emotionally crippled enough to think of Meredith as the mother he never had.

Grey's was renewed for a 14th season. No word on which cast will renew specifically yet.

I enjoyed this most recent episode. Happy to finally see what happened to Karev and put an end to that arc.

firelogic

Grey's was renewed for a 14th season. No word on which cast will renew specifically yet.

I enjoyed this most recent episode. Happy to finally see what happened to Karev and put an end to that arc.

Still haven't dealt with the mystery husband though. They're gonna drag out the Jo/Alex drama some more. I just want to be done with her.

Joni

Still haven't dealt with the mystery husband though. They're gonna drag out the Jo/Alex drama some more. I just want to be done with her.

It seems to be coming.

The show is admitting the rarest breed of Grey’s Anatomy character this spring: an honest-to-goodness Big Bad. According to sources, Shonda Rhimes & Co. are looking for a Caucasian actor in his mid 40s to play a new doctor who is “appealing, charismatic and charming” — in other words, a total freakin’ catch. The twist? He’s has a “manipulative, scary dark side.” The MD (which in this case stands for maniacal demon) will appear in this season’s final four episodes and could return in Season 14. Now, I’ll just say what everyone is thinking: Could this be Jo’s husband?!
( http://tvline.com/2017/02/09/jane-the-virgin-season-3-jane-rafael-romance-spoilers/ )

bigmase84

Neo Member
Just got caught up.

Meredith getting suspended is the best for Alex to come back and regain his glory of PEDs... it's a shame Maggie went off on her mom like that at such a horrible time.
one of my exes went through a similar situation and she felt so bad after finding out what happened to her family member.

Also I'm ready for Arizona and Minnick to just get it on already

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Maggie and her mum was heartbreaking

Glad alex's bit has been resolved, wasn't sure how they would do it with him going to jail so should have seen it coming really

RedAssedApe

Banned
Alex and Meredith have shown up sparingly since the midseason finale. Kind of odd but I guess Ellen Pompeo did have a kid recently. Oh and Amelia and Owen too. Starting to see a trend here.

Wonder if that means they are writing out the Deluca/Jo/secret husband storyline or at least putting it on the back burner since Camilla is pregnant.

Who's watching tonight's episode?

Watched it live with my wife. We were chatting a bit during it so I am not sure I followed it 100%, will need to re-watch it later.

Alex and Meredith have shown up sparingly since the midseason finale. Kind of odd but I guess Ellen Pompeo did have a kid recently. Oh and Amelia and Owen too. Starting to see a trend here.

Wonder if that means they are writing out the Deluca/Jo/secret husband storyline or at least putting it on the back burner since Camilla is pregnant.

I've been thinking this all season: a lot of episodes have almost no appearances from at least 1 or 2 major characters. I keep feeling like it's a budget thing or something, where they're trying to tighten up on time spent shooting by reducing the number of major actors on set. But, it's probably mainly due to just not having enough time in 42 minutes to get every character in there in a satisfactory fashion. Grey's has always had a relatively large cast (IMO), but it seems to be slightly larger as of this and last season. I'm not sure if that's actually true or just something I'm imagining, however, so I'd need to really look up the character lists to be sure.

Joni

They actually have about the same number as usual. I think it is just that the storylines are less connected:

Arizona has a story with just Eliza.
Alex has a story with Jo, Di Luca, Meredith
Webber has a story with Catherine, Eliza, Bailey
April has a story with Jackson
Amelia has one with Hunt and Stephanie

hank_tree

I've been thinking this all season: a lot of episodes have almost no appearances from at least 1 or 2 major characters. I keep feeling like it's a budget thing or something, where they're trying to tighten up on time spent shooting by reducing the number of major actors on set. But, it's probably mainly due to just not having enough time in 42 minutes to get every character in there in a satisfactory fashion. Grey's has always had a relatively large cast (IMO), but it seems to be slightly larger as of this and last season. I'm not sure if that's actually true or just something I'm imagining, however, so I'd need to really look up the character lists to be sure.

Not sure if it's the case here, but a lot of shows do this in their later seasons. i.e Reduce some cast members number of episodes from 22 down to 16/18 to save money.

The later seasons of House always started with a double episode that just had House and none of the normal cast for example.

Hoo-doo

Banned
So this show is still going? Me and my girlfriend checked out of the show after what, season 7-8-9 or so with the plane crash (?) - Hell if I remember. Just slowly lost interest after some key characters ended up dead.

I still think the first few seasons are incredibly entertaining TV. I dig the medical drama part moreso than the dating-drama. Do you guys recommend I pick it back up again?

hank_tree

So this show is still going? Me and my girlfriend checked out of the show after what, season 7-8-9 or so with the plane crash (?) - Hell if I remember. Just slowly lost interest after some key characters ended up dead.

I still think the first few seasons are incredibly entertaining TV. I dig the medical drama part moreso than the dating-drama. Do you guys recommend I pick it back up again?

Nah I wouldn't bother. It's only downhill from there

Deadly

Ehhh it's more of the same...The new characters they bring in aren't as interesting as the old ones either. The last storyline I actually enjoyed was Christina's (S10) and we're at S13 now.
They actually have about the same number as usual. I think it is just that the storylines are less connected:

Arizona has a story with just Eliza.
Alex has a story with Jo, Di Luca, Meredith
Webber has a story with Catherine, Eliza, Bailey
April has a story with Jackson
Amelia has one with Hunt and Stephanie
I think we're going to get a conclusion for Arizona, Alex (probably cliffhanger to next season), Webber, and Amelia's storylines. April's story with Jackson is basically just them and their baby which is likely to be ongoing.

Eliza was alright. Showing some weakness actually made her somewhat more likeable. Since she's ortho I'm guessing they keep her for next season too. Especially since she adds to Arizona's character too.

I think from the end of season 6 (the shooting) all the way up until the plane crash is the best the show will ever be.

I personally hated when Izzy was on the show. I think she was the worst character.

As for this season, I didn't like how they resolved Karev's case. DeLuca was right when he said, he should've tried to talk to him after he got out of the hospital.

If they don't introduce Jo's abusive husband DeLuca will have taken that beating for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom