• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grey's Anatomy S13 |OT| Taking bets on which major character dies next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Grey's hit a series low for ratings this past week.

I can't say I'm surprised. This is the first season, ever, where I'm honestly not really enjoying myself. There are so many good plots they could be covering, but instead, it feels like we've got this weird Buffy season 1 "monster of the week" plot-string mess. Instead of any major arcs being resolved (Jo's ex, Alex vs DeLuca, Maggie/Meredith/Riggs, Owen's "dead" sister, Kepner/Avery), everything is left hanging and we get what feels like single, stand-alone episodes. I wouldn't say there haven't been any good episodes in this season; the first half of the season felt OK to me, and I really liked the Kepner/Avery episode, but otherwise, the back-half has been rough, IMO.
Pretty sure the Jo story was put on hold because the actress is pregnant. Same with Amelia. Alex vs DeLuca and Owen's sister is pretty much done.

You know, GA's ratings have stayed pretty consistent overall, which surprises me.

sTbvKid.png

About an 8.5 at the beginning of the series to around an 8.1 at the end.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Pretty sure the Jo story was put on hold because the actress is pregnant. Same with Amelia. Alex vs DeLuca and Owen's sister is pretty much done.

There was news that matthew morrison got hired to play Jo's estranged husband so I expect that to be something they end the season with. How many more episodes until the finale?

Ellen Pompeo also had a child during the season. Going to assume that all the one off episodes weren't entirely for creative reasons and they had to do those to work around all the pregnancies.

I appreciated the flashback scenes. Seeing Yang on screen
again, man, it makes me realize how much I miss her in the show.

The sisters dancing it out just wasn't the same as the real twisted sisters :)

Joni

There was news that matthew morrison got hired to play Jo's estranged husband so I expect that to be something they end the season with. How many more episodes until the finale?

Four episodes to go.

Ellen Pompeo also had a child during the season. Going to assume that all the one off episodes weren't entirely for creative reasons and they had to do those to work around all the pregnancies.

That was at least easier to write around, I think they used a surrogate mother again like they did with their second kid.

theWB27

As a big Grey fan ( was my favorite show) is this season worth chugging even if i wasn't feeling the first episodes at all?

Joni

As a big Grey fan ( was my favorite show) is this season worth chugging even if i wasn't feeling the first episodes at all?

It is been a good season so far, but with a lot of standalone stuff and limited season-long storylines.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
You know, GA's ratings have stayed pretty consistent overall, which surprises me.

About an 8.5 at the beginning of the series to around an 8.1 at the end.

whats the one episode that was shit?

RedAssedApe

Banned
so are april and jackson back together? last episode it kind of made it seem like maggie and jackson might become a storyline.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
so are april and jackson back together? last episode it kind of made it seem like maggie and jackson might become a storyline.
How so? I was under the impression she hates him for not telling her about her mom.

firelogic

Did I miss something or is the show just acting like certain characters no longer exist? Where's Wilson? I know the real life reason why she's not on the show lately but in the Greys universe, why aren't people wondering where she went? A throwaway line like, "she's on vacation" would have been fine but they're all acting like she never existed. Same with Minick. She was the main plot driver for a handful of episodes and then all of a sudden she hasn't been on the show at all and they still reference her like she's there but she's not. The hospital isn't so big they don't run into each other.

Joni

Did I miss something or is the show just acting like certain characters no longer exist? Where's Wilson? I know the real life reason why she's not on the show lately but in the Greys universe, why aren't people wondering where she went? A throwaway line like, "she's on vacation" would have been fine but they're all acting like she never existed. Same with Minick. She was the main plot driver for a handful of episodes and then all of a sudden she hasn't been on the show at all and they still reference her like she's there but she's not. The hospital isn't so big they don't run into each other.

The hospital is actually that big, like we heard about 5-6 attending neurosurgeons aside from Amelia. And they work in shifts.

Deadly

Sooo shit happened.... Glad Alex is actually thinking things through.

Why would you go back to check on that guy though? smh

RedAssedApe

Banned
Called it from the preview with Owen. Of course
Meredith and Riggs wouldn't be this easy.
lol

Probably due to 12 seasons of greys finales but
that lockdown seemed a bit contrived. Like there were several months where I thought Edwards could have escaped with the condition the patient was in. Especially when they passed Warren in the hallway.

Spoilers for the May 11th 2017 episode:
Seriously, that's how Edwards goes out? Deaths caused by the shooter or the plane crash felt like really unlikely things, but at least things that seemed feasible and outside of the character's control/they made the best decisions they could at the time. Everything that happened to Edwards just seemed like awful decision after awful decision. I'm also not buying that the guy on fire was hot enough to ignite those flammable containers, but maybe my understanding of how volatile those things are is lacking.

Sad to see her go out like this, but it makes for an exciting couple of episodes nonetheless.

P.S. where the hell has Leah Murphy been? Why would they bring her back for two episodes and have her vanish into thin air? Anyone have any idea?

Deadly

I'm kinda hoping she isn't dead but becomes traumatised over the event. Or maybe she sacrifices herself based on the preview

Joni

They have always stressed how strong she was. Just jump down the stairs. He literally got out of surgery.

Called it from the preview with Owen. Of course
Meredith and Riggs wouldn't be this easy.
lol

Called it when they first mentioned her months ago. This was really predictable.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Spoilers for the May 11th 2017 episode:
Seriously, that's how Edwards goes out? Deaths caused by the shooter or the plane crash felt like really unlikely things, but at least things that seemed feasible and outside of the character's control/they made the best decisions they could at the time. Everything that happened to Edwards just seemed like awful decision after awful decision. I'm also not buying that the guy on fire was hot enough to ignite those flammable containers, but maybe my understanding of how volatile those things are is lacking.

Sad to see her go out like this, but it makes for an exciting couple of episodes nonetheless.

P.S. where the hell has Leah Murphy been? Why would they bring her back for two episodes and have her vanish into thin air? Anyone have any idea?

Is it confirmed that they are leaving the show? Basically has gotten the most screen time out of all the residents.

I thought Leah was coming back to maybe be apart of the Arizona storyline or something. But guess they just needed a spot actor. Kind of like that blonde guy. Even Deluca is treading water at this point. Watch the teacher from Glee shows up and kills hims off :p

firelogic

Wow, the writers made her so stupid, lol.

First of all, the guy can barely stand. Push him away when you were talking to Warren or properly push him down the stairs. Second, I laughed out loud when she basically said, "the doors won't open unless THERE'S A FIRE!" Good job Stephanie. Third, even after all that stupidity, you could have slit his throat or any other vital spot. You're a damned surgeon. And yet she opts for fire? And then the idiotic way she went about it. Just douses him and drops the bottle HOPING that embers would fall off and land on the alcohol and ignite it? Better off with the scalpel that she's more than proficent with.

The writers aren't even trying.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
When edwards was on the floor and he was trying to light a fire I was expecting her to grab the scalpel not turn him into a human torch. Seems a little barbaric for a doctor

Enjoying the owen story a lot, should have seen it coming as Meredith obviously cannot be happy

I don't see the connection. Like, will there be characters from GA that will go to that series like Addison did? I can't think of anyone except for Matthew the paramedic (Kepner's ex), but he doesn't seem like a very compelling character. Seems weird to call this a spin-off.

I don't see the connection. Like, will there be characters from GA that will go to that series like Addison did? I can't think of anyone except for Matthew the paramedic (Kepner's ex), but he doesn't seem like a very compelling character. Seems weird to call this a spin-off.
They will probably present some of the characters this week given how the last episode ended.

Season 13 season finale spoilers

I liked the ending, but I'm honestly surprised how little drama it had left. It seemed to mostly wrap things up pretty reasonably. Looking forward to season 14! I hope Minnick is actually gone - despite her bringing a bit of "realism" to the teaching practices of the hospital, her character was never very likable to me. I'm expecting Minnick and Edwards to be gone before S14E1, and Murphy to be back more full-time in Edwards' place. Also, Owen's sister will be back - we saw her portrayed by Bridget Regan in a flashback earlier in S13, so I'm curious if they bring the same actress back for S14.

Deadly

I think Minnick might stay. Despite her being a robot, after Edwards speech to Weber, he might feel that Minnick wasn't entirely in the wrong and she can be used as a small check

Joni

I wonder if Miss Strong Firefighter Captain is in the spin-off.

I did expect more Matthew Morrison this year. I thought he would be in four episodes, not that he would be in one of the final four.

I wonder if Miss Strong Firefighter Captain is in the spin-off.

I did expect more Matthew Morrison this year. I thought he would be in four episodes, not that he would be in one of the final four.

None of the firefighters stood out to me as starring roles in a new spin-off. I was keeping an eye out and I'd agree that the main female firefighter was probably the best choice, but she didn't really resonate with me.

And yeah, MM's guest starring spot was kind of lame. I really feel that whole Jo saga was two (three?) seasons of wasted potential.

Ben certainly seemed like he knew what he was doing when he was in the room where the fire initiated. I literally mentioned to my wife that he was doing a better job than the firefighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom