• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grey's Anatomy S14 |OT| Meredith has seven sisters... yeah, really.

why can't i stop watching this damn show? Why? I've been watching Grey's since season 2. I put up with Heigl who was not good. I put up with the **** terrible season when Derrick Shepard left and the show felt like it was in upheaval. I put up with the AWFUL plane crash to kill off characters. Or, that terrible ghost season when Heigl had that relationship with a patient.

I even thought that the show was DONE when they let Christina Yang go. I thought, "there's no way the writing team can recover from this." They're phoning it in to let the audience know that the show is nearing completion.

And yet...this show still manages to find its way. They restructure, dig in deeper into the theme of the show, and double down on the strength of a strong rotating cast.

Greys really is my guilty pleasure show. That and L&O: SVU.

So solid.

Old School Grey's fan checking in. I loved this show HARD when it first started. I named my freaking first-born son after Preston Burke. It's insane to me that it's still going.

I quit a LONG time ago. I remember when Denny (now known as Regan, lol!) died. Burke was fired and came back for a split second. O'Malley and Calley divorced. Addison left and joined Taye Diggs to start a new show. "McSteamy."

Ah, I remember why I quit the show. The new cast/generation came, including Meridth's little sister, who immediately jumps into bed with Alex. Yes, even after everything that happened prior to season 4, I'm like, REALLY??? Trash doctors, trash hospital, trash show.

I never did look back to figure out why Lexie was the last straw for me. "Anyone can be corrupted?" "Everyone makes mistakes?" IDK.

Oh, and Bailey is a mammy. Just thought I would put that out there too.

So far, this season has been the best one to me since Cristina left, I think. Feels like actual good TV, or at least a significant improvement over S13's mostly garbage plots. The pacing is nice too; we meet Owen's sister, find out she needs surgery, find out she has a kid, and meet her kid all in the first few episodes. I thought her son would be a plot point dragged out for the entire season (in the sense that we would never even see the kid), so I'm happy to see the story progressing. I'm sure the kid will be an on-going plot point, but I'm happy we're not stuck at step one. The same for Amelia's tumor. It seems like the diagnosis --> surgery --> initial recovery was way, way faster than I expected.

Oh, and Bailey is a mammy. Just thought I would put that out there too.

I'm not even sure I agree with this, but honestly, you'd be hard-pressed to find any TV show, let alone one that's 14 seasons long, that doesn't have some level of stereotyping/typecasting/trope-ism.

There was a season or two there where I thought that they made Webber in to the Magical Negro trope. I was half expecting him to be dead but a hallucination of the rest of the staff.

I've been a fan of the show for forever, as I always find myself attracted to most hospital themed shows (scrubs is still my favorite comedy). I still like Grey's and it still amazes me how they can come up with ideas for the show. That being said, I hate what they're doing in terms of the sub-interns and resident interviews. I guess its a bit grating on me since I happen to be applying to surgery for residency for real. I know its fiction but dammit, we're not like that lol.

I've been there for GA since the very first episode back in 2005... never missed one and I'm so happy that the show has grown with me over the years.

Glad the ratings are still good and also this season has been excellent so far... much better than S11-12-13, I have no idea how can they still deliver good stories... I guess because of the amazing cast of characters <3

Now we have to wait TWO WEEKS for the next episode...

Tumor-free, non-compromised decision making Amelia: "I would literally go recover from brain surgery at Meredith's house, which allegedly had three young children running around, than come live with you Owen. You are the absolute worst. Remember when you screamed 'you killed our baby' at Cristina because she got an abortion? Like, you literally did that in the middle of Zola's birthday party you ass."

Also big shout out to Catherine for reminding Jackson and Maggie that they're siblings.

firelogic

Amelia recovered pretty fast with no complications so far. How likely is it that for the next few episodes we see her and Owen reconnect and fall in love all over again and they both decide to try for a baby and everything is super happy and then BAM, camera cuts to Amelia in bed right after the surgery with everyone standing around her, and she has severe brain damage and her post-op happiness was just her imagination?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Amelia recovered pretty fast with no complications so far. How likely is it that for the next few episodes we see her and Owen reconnect and fall in love all over again and they both decide to try for a baby and everything is super happy and then BAM, camera cuts to Amelia in bed right after the surgery with everyone standing around her, and she has severe brain damage and her post-op happiness was just her imagination?
Now I want this to happen but I doubt they’d commit to do something like this for a side character.

Top Bottom