• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grey's Anatomy S12 |OT| Better than Dexter S8, Arrow S3, Prison Break S2, & Scrubs S9

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

yeah I just don't understand how they keep killing people

how can anyone take it seriously?

are there any jokes about it at this point?

back when I was married my wife used to force me to watch this

how the fuck is this show still going with derek dead?

did it break meredith?

someone tell me

Meredith basically left for a year (they essentially fast-forwarded a year for this period, so the actress never left the show) with her kids. She freaked out before she left and we learned that she was kinda crazy while she was gone and had some freak out moments when she came back. Now she's back to normal more or less ~2 years after her husband died.

I thought last night's episodes were really good, but man, when the lights flickered and the doors jammed, my initial thought was that Grey-Sloan is the worst hospital ever.

I thought last night's episodes were really good, but man, when the lights flickered and the doors jammed, my initial thought was that Grey-Sloan is the worst hospital ever.

Seriously. My wife works in a hospital - even under lock down, you aren't literally locked into every corridor. That'd be the world's biggest fire hazard. Normally a "code pink" means that doors close and security is posted up at all entrances/exists. That was my only gripe with the episode, it was just not believable. No "code pink" would ever impact a hospital like that for the exact reasons we saw.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
yeah I just don't understand how they keep killing people

You mean the fact that like 5 characters got shot, 3 of them died in a plane crash, one of them died in a car wreck, another one almost died in a car wreck, etc?

I would consider imploding the goddamn place.

Oh, possible major cast change:
Sara Ramirez
might be leaving.

Given the way the character's plot has been going the last few episodes, it seems like an easy method to write the character out. I also suspect this would provide a possibility for the character to return (as a cameo or full-time) in a later season if needed. You know, unless the character dies in the season finale.

You mean the fact that like 5 characters got shot, 3 of them died in a plane crash, one of them died in a car wreck, another one almost died in a car wreck, etc?

I would consider imploding the goddamn place.

It is one of the few shows I've watched where I have a constant sense of dread knowing that even lead characters can die unexpectedly. It is a unique experience to be certain.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm annoyed at myself for not realising that Jo was married months ago
I managed to twig at the start of the episode but I'm slipping with my plot predictions

Happily surprised at both baby and april surviving. Feels like weve gone an age in Greys Anatomy time without a big character death, but I guess April and Jackson have had their misery quota filled for the last few seasons

Was there a time jump too? Feels like April went from being a couple of months pregnant to full term and Owen and Amelia went from just mentioning marriage to having a wedding in between the last two episodes

Joni

I'm annoyed at myself for not realising that Jo was married months ago
I managed to twig at the start of the episode but I'm slipping with my plot predictions

Happily surprised at both baby and april surviving. Feels like weve gone an age in Greys Anatomy time without a big character death, but I guess April and Jackson have had their misery quota filled for the last few seasons

Was there a time jump too? Feels like April went from being a couple of months pregnant to full term and Owen and Amelia went from just mentioning marriage to having a wedding in between the last two episodes
Yes, they sped up the pregnancy. There have been some small jumps between episodes. The last death must have been derek.

Deadly

I don't think they're ever going to reach the peaks of the S6 finale again. I was literally shaking in front of the TV back then.

Surprised Callie actually left the show. Glad her girlfriend left though she was booooring. I hope they introduce some actually interesting characters next season or make some of the current ones better.

Love triangle between Meredith, her sister and Riggs is kinda lame though. I hope that gets resolved fast.

Joni

I don't think they're ever going to reach the peaks of the S6 finale again. I was literally shaking in front of the TV back then.

Surprised Callie actually left the show. Glad her girlfriend left though she was booooring. I hope they introduce some actually interesting characters next season or make some of the current ones better.

Love triangle between Meredith, her sister and Riggs is kinda lame though. I hope that gets resolved fast.

Not really a love triangle, it will just break Maggie.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Is the thread title a shot at Prison Break season 2? I haven't seen Dexter past season 5, but I heard it's real bad, and Arrow season 3 wasn't great.

Is the thread title a shot at Prison Break season 2? I haven't seen Dexter past season 5, but I heard it's real bad, and Arrow season 3 wasn't great.

It's just a joke based on what seem to be the generally worst seasons of the mentioned series. Looking back, I'm surprised a mod didn't change it.

And, as for me, I'm horrified about the Alex/Jo thing. I want them to work and I guess they will, but at what cost? Solid season finale overall, if not particularly amazing.

bebop242

I refuse to believe any season of this show is better than Prison Break season 2. Prison Break season 3? I hate this show, but I could see it.

Glad her girlfriend left though she was booooring.

Penny, the woman who killed Derek, not only becoming a cast member but also a doctor at GSM, was the stupidest fucking thing this show has ever done in order to cause artificial drama.

And that's coming from a season that was chock full of artificial drama.

They basically spent an entire season dealing with the helicopter crash, and a half season dealing with the shooting.

Joni

It's just a joke based on what seem to be the generally worst seasons of the mentioned series. Looking back, I'm surprised a mod didn't change it.
The topic simply isn't popular enough for them to notice.

And, as for me, I'm horrified about the Alex/Jo thing. I want them to work and I guess they will, but at what cost? Solid season finale overall, if not particularly amazing.
A couple of weeks, then they'll laugh about what happened and they'll look up the guy.

I refuse to believe any season of this show is better than Prison Break season 2. Prison Break season 3? I hate this show, but I could see it.
Grey's Anatomy > Prison Break S1.

Penny, the woman who killed Derek, not only becoming a cast member but also a doctor at GSM, was the stupidest fucking thing this show has ever done in order to cause artificial drama.
Nice though that Meredith got over it quite fast. But honestly, I had expected her to tell Penny to join GSM immediately after the accident so she could become a 'real doctor'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom