• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: GSL - Global Starcraft II League July 2011 Thread

AdventureRacing said:
I agree with him. If you disagree why not explain why instead of just making a useless post like that?

Tastosis are one of the main attractions of the GSL. Their continued absence makes it hard to justify buying a ticket to either the GSL or GSTL.

The worst part is that despite the fact that either one or both of them are missing so often they still haven't actually found stable replacements.

I still really like the GSL but i find myself tuning in a lot less when tastosis aren't around.
I don't dissagree that Tastosis is the best but I'm not so much of a tool to think they can be there for every match of every day. Continued absence? What are you two smoking they missed one day of team league due to having a holiday (they are only scheduled for one of the two days) and missed a few days of the last GSL because they were casting MLG. They will be back for Code S next week which is their main role. The only point you could bring up in favour of this arguement of absence is when GOM stoped them from casting the last GSTL because they said that they felt the casters needed to know how the earlier matches went down.

His rant about not having permanent secondary duo is pointless because Wolf is the best secondary they have had yet and he dismisses him as not having a clue and being without personality, two things he does have (he doesn't have the best voice for casting though imo).

farnham

Banned
pieatorium said:
I don't dissagree that Tastosis is the best but I'm not so much of a tool to think they can be there for every match of every day. Continued absence? What are you two smoking they missed one day of team league due to having a holiday (they are only scheduled for one of the two days) and missed a few days of the last GSL because they were casting MLG. They will be back for Code S next week which is their main role. The only point you could bring up in favour of this arguement of absence is when GOM stoped them from casting the last GSTL because they said that they felt the casters needed to know how the earlier matches went down.

His rant about not having permanent secondary duo is pointless because Wolf is the best secondary they have had yet and he dismisses him as not having a clue and being without personality, two things he does have (he doesn't have the best voice for casting though imo).
i think doatrap was pretty good

i can live with doa though
Corran Horn said:
traveling isn't easy. nasl is next week.

gom needs to double their pay and make them stay ha

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
farnham said:
i think doatrap was pretty good

i can live with doa though

gom needs to double their pay and make them stay ha
I'm pretty sure gomtv had them go to mlg as part of the exchange program to further promote gsl.

farnham

Banned
Corran Horn said:
I'm pretty sure gomtv had them go to mlg as part of the exchange program to further promote gsl.
yeah they need to do that

thorzain, sheth and naniwa are in code a now through the exchange programm

best scenario for them and really spits in the face of those naysayers (cough cough idra, incontrol, tyler)

farnham

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:
They are on vacation in Cambodia. Before that their only extended absence was due to MLG Columbus.
they really deserve it (are they going together.. how romantic)

hope that they have fun there

farnham said:
yeah they need to do that

thorzain, sheth and naniwa are in code a now through the exchange programm

best scenario for them and really spits in the face of those naysayers (cough cough idra, incontrol, tyler)
Also Fenix and Sase next code A too i think

farnham said:
they really deserve it (are they going together.. how romantic)

hope that they have fun there

Yeah, they're there with Hwanni. Maybe others as well, but those three for sure.

And Liquibets :(

I would have won last season if I had gotten 2 of the last 3 votes correct instead of zero of the last 3. PoltPrime screwed me over and I finished like 10th.

F#A#Oo

Banned
pieatorium said:

Are you serious?

Every couple of miniues Wolf makes a mistake...Torch corrected him serveral times last Friday with regards to builds and what was generally happening during matches...he confused GuMihofOu with Leenock and than started making some unfunny comments with regards to GuMihofOu...

If anyone should be in a 2nd casting team Torch should...he made last Friday very bearable for me...and most of all he is very on the ball...

pieatorium said:
I don't dissagree that Tastosis is the best but I'm not so much of a tool to think they can be there for every match of every day.

Obviously this isn't possible but they need to make it clear at the start of the tournament.

pieatorium said:
Continued absence? What are you two smoking they missed one day of team league due to having a holiday (they are only scheduled for one of the two days) and missed a few days of the last GSL because they were casting MLG. They will be back for Code S next week which is their main role. The only point you could bring up in favour of this arguement of absence is when GOM stoped them from casting the last GSTL because they said that they felt the casters needed to know how the earlier matches went down.

For a start i didn't say just when they were both missing. There have been a bunch of times where artosis hasn't been there.

Right now tastosis don't do code A, the up and down matches or the code S group selections. They also now only do half of the games of code S and GSTL. So unlike before missing a few games actually means a lot.

pieatorium said:

Well no actually it's not pointless. Last tournament we had to put up with him as a solo caster. Hell even the NASL managed better than that.

It has taken the GSL until now to finally get a new permanent caster (do we know this for sure?) and i still don't know that they actually have a full time partner for him.

As the situation currently is tastosis are actually present for way less than 50% of the content the GSL provides. I think this gives them a pretty strong reason to have a quality secondary cast.

cdyhybrid

Corran Horn said:
Code A today is a double header so it starts early. Just a friendly reminder that it starts in 4 hours.

It's stacked as hell today too. Code A is brutal and you have beasts like DRG not even making it in.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
F#A#Oo said:
Are you serious?

Every couple of miniues Wolf makes a mistake...Torch corrected him serveral times last Friday with regards to builds and what was generally happening during matches...he confused GuMihofOu with Leenock and than started making some unfunny comments with regards to GuMihofOu...

If anyone should be in a 2nd casting team Torch should...he made last Friday very bearable for me...and most of all he is very on the ball...

You realise it's a running joke / they do, that gumiho and leenock look the same...

Corran Horn

AdventureRacing said:
I thought that was the case. If not that is awesome and i stand corrected.
THey should be there for all of Code S, but Im not sure what the schedule is like for NASL next week as they are flying out to LA right?

Corran Horn said:
THey should be there for all of Code S, but Im not sure what the schedule is like for NASL next week as they are flying out to LA right?
Code S is in the middle of the week now so they should be able to do both without much trouble I would assume.

Corran Horn

MMMM Kpop on one half of my screen, Zelda OoT stream on another.

Man I love how the internet has become much better at broadcasting stuff live <3

*Tastosis will not be casting Code S Ro16 on July 12th due to their guest appearance at another tournament.

...lol

Zzoram

That other tournament is NASL I believe.

How many days is NASL spreading their Ro16 through Grand Finals for? Two or three days?

Corran Horn

Zzoram said:
That other tournament is NASL I believe.

How many days is NASL spreading their Ro16 through Grand Finals for? Two or three days?
July 8th-10th. So I guess they will be flying back 11th which is the 12th in Korea depending on time.

Mairu

Corran Horn said:
I'm not going to write a bunch of crazy hyperbole like ellipses-man but it's continuously disappointing how much Tastosis end up not casting now. I'm genuinely curious as to how they afford living in Korea and what they do to supplement their income from GOMTV considering they only seem to cast two days a week, and sometimes even less. If I had a choice between seeing Tastosis cast tournaments like IPL or NASL and casting more of GSL, I would probably prefer to see them do more of GSL but it seems like they're content with spreading themselves out.

I'm pleased that at least by now Code A isn't as much of a joke as it was when Tastosis casted everything, but they even managed to make those shit games enjoyable do to their commentary. They are by far the best casting team we have and when I read that they're going on vacation a week after GSL goes on a break I can't help but be disappointed.

I hope at one point they find two solid casters to keep for Code A. It's nice of them to give so many people different "try-outs" but considering GSL is supposed to be the peak of competitive SC2 it'd be nice for the casting to be at the same level as the games.

Corran Horn

slidewinder said:
Kpop is sooooo gooooood. Why don't I listen to this stuff ALL THE TIME???
I rock Kpop and Jpop in my music player all the time. I need to increase my knowledge of this stuff tho, I kinda rely on a friend to point me out in certain directions.

OK GOOOOO

calder

Zzoram said:
Kpop isn't about the listening, it's about watching the girls dance.
*nods*

Well, that and having your mind blown by the crazy/cheesy/crazy over and over again. "Wait, is she on a desert island now? Is it supposed to be real or is she still an actress pretending for the movie? Is this guy real?"

Well after being away for a few weeks and skipping GSL last month I'm all caught up on my monthly GOMtv tithe. They add one more league and I may need a second job.
2011/06/27 Global StarCraft II League July Regular Season Ticket (VOD with ads) $9.99
2011/06/27 2011 Global StarCraft II Team League Season 1 Regular Season Ticket (VOD with ads) $24.99

If I spend $50 more on this I should be able to have my favourite T-ara girl do an intro for me, or at least the greeting for my voice mail.

Mairu

Corran Horn said:
I go make dinner and come back to the gunrun? lol

I guess he was there so that is no surprise.
Qualifications for casting Code A GSL:
1) Know what starcraft is
2) Be in Korea
3) Speak English

Aaron

I am not ready for more Starcraft. I went to sleep right after the end of Homestory III, and wake up to GSL. It's too much.

calder

Mairu said:
2) Be in Korea
3) Speak English
I would so apply for that gig if I qualified for 2). You guys, well everyone really, would fucking hate my nasally voice and Silver League commentary but damn I'd have fun. :D

As a plus my Terran bias would be a welcome counter to Artosis' pro Z/pro P viewpoint. I'd troll the shit out protoss imba and make snide remarks about infestor OPness until Artosis came flying out of the back stage area and hit me with a folding chair.

Corran Horn

Mairu said:
2) Be in Korea
3) Speak English
Cya guys! Im going to korea!

"Do you have any casting experience?"

-Yes my name is splinter, I casted the NeoGAF Open.

Top Bottom