• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: GSL - Global Starcraft II League July 2011 Thread

Mairu

gunslingerNZ said:
I agree the desync is super annoying. What was their reason for using justinTV instead of the GOM player?
From http://www.twitch.tv/gomtv

1. Why is there GOMTV on Justin.tv? Will all GSL matches be broadcasted on Justin.tv now?
Usually the Code A preliminaries are not being broadcasted and are held as an offline event. As a treat for the fans Torch, Wolf, Doa and John have decided to stream the event for everyone. The stream is entirely managed by Torch (props to him) and is provided 'as is'. It is not part of the 'official' GOMTV.net streaming service. GSL August and GSTL Season 1 will be broadcasted exclusively via GOMTV.net as usual.

gunslingerNZ

Neo Member
cdyhybrid said:
Oh my goodness I'm crying laughing. The qualifiers have been more entertaining than 90% of the regular GSLs.
I feel the same way. When I saw it was just qualifying games my first reaction was to switch it off but I'm so glad I didn't.

Tacitus_

gunslingerNZ said:
I agree the desync is super annoying. What was their reason for using justinTV instead of the GOM player?

They don't normally stream the Code A qualifiers so everything was basically rigged by Torch.

E: Starfox :lol

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
That is random, playing some StarFox.

Edit: 9.5k people are still watching StarFox.

I agree with Doa, this is probably the highest StarFox stream ever.

Mairu

syllogism said:
Code A bracket

Fruitdealer vs Maru
Banbanssu vs Ganzi
Sase vs Sniper
Check vs Naniwa

sC vs Extreme
Tails vs Taeja
DongRaeGu vs InCa
anypro vs JYP

Tassadar vs Fenix
Yoda vs TheBest
Boxer vs Leenock
Dream vs Maka

Jinro vs Lucky
Luvsic vs Jjakji
YugiOh vs Thorzain
MarineKing vs Hack

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250875
Too many good players in Code A. DRG got lucky with his match. Inca going to go from Code S Runner-up to Code B. I am not very optimistic about the foreigners' chances in this Code A.

edit: Didn't even notice Boxer v Leenock at first. Boxer's going back to Code B isn't he :(

Boxer v Leenock :(

Mairu said:
Too many good players in Code A. DRG got lucky with his match. Inca going to go from Code S Runner-up to Code B. I am not very optimistic about the foreigners' chances in this Code A.

edit: Didn't even notice Boxer v Leenock at first. Boxer's going back to Code B isn't he :(
Naniwa should have no problems with check, Thorzain I would take over Yugioh too, Tassadar is solid but Fenix can be pretty beast vP when he is on his game, didn't see Sniper play so not sure there.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Have they said whether or not there will be VODs of theses qualifying matches?

I fell asleep before I could watch Boxer's and DRG's games.

Raelson

Pankaks said:

Says there will be vods on Gomtv.net but they're not up yet. : /

Paches

Pankaks said:

Me too, I feel asleep with a laptop beside me in my bed and woke up to Boxer's interview at 4:30 am :p

Boxer and DRG made it ?

fuck yeah

Boxer vs Leenock first round... wtf

I expect both Naniwa and Thorzian to win at least their first games. Fenix is kinda fucked, Tassdar's 6 gate all-ins are ridiculous.

Oh and I hope Inca, anypro and banbans drop to code B. The less one dimensional protosses we have on GSL the better.

Q8D3vil

Earthstrike said:
We need a protoss jaedong.

Nestea is leading the way for zergs, but people aren't trying to emulate his (clearly superior) style.
same for terran.
there is a lot of good terran but i don't find anyone of them particularly amazing.
although mvp 6 month's ago was way ahead of everyone else.

Aaron

Earthstrike said:
We need a protoss jaedong.

Nestea is leading the way for zergs, but people aren't trying to emulate his (clearly superior) style.
Nestea is hard to emulate because he doesn't really follow a set style. He either does something crazy that wins once, or he waits for his opponent to attack, and obliterates him with a counter. That's not really something you can copy and practice in the way players normally practice builds.

Protoss are in a really tough spot right now. They need a hero, and not oGsHero.

Q8D3vil said:
same for terran.
there is a lot of good terran but i don't find anyone of them particularly amazing.
although mvp 6 month's ago was way ahead of everyone else.
MVP at MLG looked untouchable. It wasn't that flashy, but it was also unbeatable. I think he's going to be a juggernaut this coming Code S.

Top Bottom