• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSL - Global Starcraft II League May 2011 Thread

Untitled-8.jpg

That's a look of disgust.

Zen

Banned
twofold said:
Zenio seems to have been watching some Spanishiwa replays recently.

The matches that I've seen Spanishiwa lose were more do to weaknesses in his own fundamentals for things like multitasking than the tactics themselves. Spanishiwa style is pretty potent.

jorma

is now taking requests
this really sux for jinro.. and the way he plays it looks more likely that next season he'll drop out of code a rather than getting back into code s

twofold

Zen said:
The matches that I've seen Spanishiwa lose were more do to weaknesses in his own fundamentals for things like multitasking than the tactics themselves. Spanishiwa style is pretty potent.

It has huge issues that Jinro did nothing to exploit. Hellion drops are amazing against it and it's weak to greedy builds.

Zenio played really well but Jinro did a terrible job of reacting to the opening.

zlatko

Banned
Shit is sad. Even that win felt like shit to watch. I think Jinro should go to code A, so he can get his shit back on track.

jorma

is now taking requests
zlatko said:
Shit is sad. Even that win felt like shit to watch. I think Jinro should go to code A, so he can get his shit back on track.

Yeah, he used to be such a macro monster gorilla terran :X

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Q8D3vil said:
i don't understand what the problem with bunker rush?

If it works, Nothing at all.

It just feels like it's all he has to offer tonight. Jinro was entertaining to watch in previous GSLs but tonight it's just doing nothing for me.

Aaron

The bunker rush in this game was terrible for Jinro. He lost too much for too little gain, and it delayed his own expansion.

Q8D3vil

to clarify something, jinro did the uneconomic bunker rush were he uses a lot of scv's an delay making scv in 11 food to make 2 rax so his economy is way delayed in the beginning and the only way to do justify it is by killing units + hatchery but he only get the hatchery and lost more than its worth.
but it has done more damage to him because he lost a lot of scv's and lost his entire army so he was set far back in the beginning.

jorma

is now taking requests
Q8D3vil said:
i don't understand what the problem with bunker rush?

the problem is that he has zero confidence in his own game if he feels that constant bunker rushes is his only way of winning

Zen

Banned
Sad for jinro, but hopefully he bounces back from this and regains his confidence in Code A (and eventually moves back up to Code S).

twofold

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm glad Jinro has been moved down to Code A. He doesn't deserve to be in Code S at the moment considering how poorly he's playing.

twofold said:
Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm glad Jinro has been moved down to Code A. He doesn't deserve to be in Code S at the moment considering how poorly he's playing.
Code A is really good now, as shown by Keen and Coca cruising through their up and down matches.. Coca only made the RO8 of Code A but he looked a class above Jinro today. Jinro has to hope he gets a decent draw just to stay in Code A, let alone get back into Code S.

He still has the supertournament next month though which he has already qualified for.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I just hope that he doesn't lose all his confidence. It must be at an all time low at the moment.

Patch this week so they are moving up thursdays games and having a double showing on wednesday.

Dear GOMTV.net users:

The broadcast time for Group G and H have been changed.

We have decided that there might be some difficulties with the game play on Thursday due to the 1.3.3 Patch update.

The new broadcasting schedule is:

Wednesday - 1:00PM KST (9PM PST)/Group E, F

6:10PM KST 2:10AM PST)/Group G, H

Thank you for your understanding.

GOMTV.net

syllogism

The finals might be pretty embarrassing if Inca doesn't get used to the pylon radius and warp gate change. Probably will be regardless.

Striek

The vod was already up so I watched the Zenio match, and yeah Jinro is not code S material by any stretch anymore. Found out him and Haypro don't even have a 50% winrate on ladder which shocked me. I said earlier I wouldn't be shocked if Jinro leaves Korea not getting back into code S and I think that would be best for him. He is getting way too frustrated at the game. He needs to step back for awhile.

Aaron

syllogism said:
The finals might be pretty embarrassing if Inca doesn't get used to the pylon radius and warp gate change. Probably will be regardless.
No one wants Inca to win anyway. Poor guy.

Deadman

Yeah i like jinro but im kinda happy he lost. He was rolled in both games. Alot of people are saying maybe he will come home now but he said before that even if he dropped to code a he would stay to korea, i guess we get to see if thats true.

It was fun to see the spanishwa style with a real progamer behind it, looked awesome.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't normaly do this.

but FUCK YOU GOM.

fucking spoilt the first game for me in jinro vs cocoa.

on the Video's page where I go to get the vods it had listed

LOSER OF GAME ONE VS OGS ZENIO

then it had their names listed.

smh

Striek said:
I reckon theres a good chance if Jinro doesn't make it back into code S he'll leave Korea. He just didn't look very good there.

Jinro has said before he's not going to leave korea, even if he gets knocked out of the GSL and has to get a real job he wants to live in korea.

HolyCheck said:
I don't normaly do this.

but FUCK YOU GOM.

fucking spoilt the first game for me in jinro vs cocoa.

on the Video's page where I go to get the vods it had listed

Oh wow it does. I always just click on the videos from the home page.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yep. Too bad about Jinro.

Really thought jinro would beat at least one of these zergs, especially with zenio in a huge tvt slump.

Wow, I guess now I'm just holding out for a hopeful 2-1 win huk vs mma.

Mairu

Finished catching up on last night's games. I kind of expected Jinro to lose, but it's still disappointing. His play just wasn't very good, and it didn't seem like he had many strategies to deal with anything Coca or Zenio was doing. I hope he pulls out a turnaround like he did when he finally got into GSL and surprised us all in S3/January :(

keuja

To be honest, Jinro has become quite mediocre.... Why doesn't he play on his stong points i.e safe macro games instead of those poorly executed bunker rushes?
I'd be curious to know what he thinks has changed in the game to justify this new style of his.

Corran Horn said:
Poor Jinro. Funny to see SadZenith back, after all the hype for him.
He realy rose up on the back of his pvt, his pvp is has always been pretty ordinary and still it was like he lost those games as much as Tester won them.

Aaron

You can't blame anyone for losing pvp. The match up is so completely messed. Hopefully the new patch will fix that.

boiled goose

good with gravy
jinro has been sucking so much since the WT. hasnt won a series since.

really unimpressive play. made zerg look completely unbeatable. he deserves to go to code A. hopefully get gets better and gets back up to S.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Wow. IM did qualify for GSTL due to not enough points

UVoGA.png

The method they use to choose teams is as follows:
Total Points = (1.6x + 1y) where
x = number of players in Code S
y = number of players in Code A

oGs : 13.8 (8+1)
TSL : 10.0 (5+2)
Prime : 9.0 (5.1)
StarTale : 8.8 (3+4)
SlayerS : 8.6 (1+7)
MVP : 7.6 (1+6)
ZeNEX : 6.2 (2+3)
fOu : 5.6 (1+4)
IM : 5.2 (2+2)
NS호서 : 3.6 (1+2)
Liquid : 3.2 (2+0)
FOX : 1.6 (1+0)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=221432

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well fuck =/.

At least Slayers is still in.

Top Bottom