• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT6 Demo Tuesday 2nd July

Double H

Looks like GT5's UI with a ghosted frame that was looking backwards.

If it were GT6 the current position would be displayed in black box with a gold numeral, new perspective map display…

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Hmm... the game looks a million times better on that TV than my plasma. I guess it's due to the off-screen capture.

Hmm... the game looks a million times better on that TV than my plasma. I guess it's due to the off-screen capture.

It's because the pictures are tiny. It removes all the jaggies and hides missing detail. All games will look a lot better like that.

Also, you obviously can't evaluate the image quality of this TV since you're viewing the pictures on a different screen. Makes the pictures pretty pointless.

Goldrusher

6m9swe.jpg

http://commu.jp.playstation.com/blog/details/20130708_gtacademy2013_4k.html
That last picture is not the 4K (KD-65X9200A) nor GT6, but a different model (KDL-55W802A), demonstrating SimulView with GT5:

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-display-ps3/simul-view.html

Dibbz

Put in a bit of time today and manged to get into 2:21's Took me below amar, oh yeah, but FASJ as usual is on another planet.

Kaze and Toxa both using the Dualshock, crazy how fast you guys are with it.

9243707278_1fba2fee94_c.jpg

At least I'm the top Brit on my FL :p

9240927523_f0bb9fc4bf_c.jpg

I thought the people saying that GT5 looked better than GT6 (based on the demo) were over reacting... but lo and behold... i downloaded the demo... and then played the same tracks on GT5... and GT5 looks so much better, IQ is on a whole different level... just about the only thing i preferred in the demo was the absence of the bystanders/cardboard people on the bleachers.

nib95

Banned
I thought the people saying that GT5 looked better than GT6 (based on the demo) were over reacting... but lo and behold... i downloaded the demo... and then played the same tracks on GT5... and GT5 looks so much better, IQ is on a whole different level... just about the only thing i preferred in the demo was the absence of the bystanders/cardboard people on the bleachers.

I strongly disagree. To me GT6 looks cleaner and has better lighting. GT5 looks a bit blown out in comparison. More jaggies too. GT6 just looks overall smoother and more polished. None of those horrid jagged edges on shadows and smoke. Even the tree's look better, though that could also be the ToD.

otapnam

Spent a good 2 hrs on the gt-r events. Wonder how much better i could be if I had a real seat setup for my wheel instead of my ghetto rig laptop tray stand... Lol

I wonder if anyone is going to data mine GT Academy 2013. Maybe there are some goodies in there... but I have no idea if it's possible or not.

I wonder if anyone is going to data mine GT Academy 2013. Maybe there are some goodies in there... but I have no idea if it's possible or not.

I wouldn't expect too much ... this being the GT Academy and not just a 'normal' demo I would have imagned PD would have battoned down most of the hatches

ruttyboy

Oh Dibbz, so far I've only played this demo twice, and not for a week now as I was getting really into The Last of Us, however you may have just inspired me to attempt the full track properly ;-)

EDIT: Just realised that might be seen as arrogant, I didn't mean it that way, as I'm not sure I could even reach a 2:21, but this is giving me reason to try! :)

Neo 007

The Dynamics of the cars in the replays in GT6 Demo are in a whole nother universe than GT5.
Go look guys,it looks like your pushing it to the limit.In GT5 they look almost flat with no reactions.

A demo version of the highly anticipated Gran Turismo®6 game for PlayStation®3 will make a high-profile debut at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed (11-14 July). By far the biggest motoring event of its type in the world, with a crowd of 185,000+ people, the Festival of Speed provides the perfect setting among motoring and motor sports enthusiasts to showcase the latest developments to “The Real Driving Simulator’”. Iconic, circular Gran Turismo® “race pods” will be positioned at various locations around the sensational Goodwood Park for people to try the new demo in advance of the game going on sale later this year.

The partnership will see GT6™ pods located at the Goodwood Hotel, the FoS Family area and in the members’ enclosure as well as in the Drivers’ Club and media centre. In keeping with Gran Turismo’s long track record for close and innovative partnerships with a number of automotive manufacturers, pods will also be located on the Nissan and Alfa Romeo stands and in the Nissan, Mercedes-Benz and Ford areas of the Moving Motor Show.

Kazunori Yamauchi himself will be a welcome visitor to the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed. A keen amateur racer, Yamauchi-san will be donning his overalls and helmet for some high-adrenaline drives up the famous hill climb course in a number of stunning cars. With a reputation as a perfectionist, no doubt his experience behind the wheel will go into further refining some of the expected 1200 cars that will feature on Gran Turismo 6 at launch!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_8083473.html

saladine1

Kaz mentioned that the demo has placeholder sounds and that the final game will feature different audio right?
He also stated that they are working on a new way of doing audio. Now, does this mean that the 'new way' of doing things will be reserved for future titles and that the 'different sounds from demo' are the sounds that'll be implemented in the final game?
It sounds like he has two libraries here..
1- Existing sounds that will be tweaked for GT6
2- Completely new sounds being worked on for GT7..

I'm confused.

ruttyboy

Kaz mentioned that the demo has placeholder sounds and that the final game will feature different audio right?
He also stated that they are working on a new way of doing audio. Now, does this mean that the 'new way' of doing things will be reserved for future titles and that the 'different sounds from demo' are the sounds that'll be implemented in the final game?

I'm confused.

I think the simplest answer, as ever when it comes to GT, is 'nobody knows'.

I was thinking about the sound and this 'new way', I wonder if they'll try to do something crazy like take a cylinder ignition sound in isolation and blend however many together based on RPM, then mix that with exhaust note. Although I guess that would be too much even for a PS4 :)

I hope the Goodwood partnership will lead to a greater emphasis on classic cars in GT. PD and Turn 10 are so obsessed with their amazing lighting and reflection technology to make Pagani Huayras look eye-wateringly shiny that they forget how ridiculous that looks on an old Dodge Challenger. I want to go three-wheelin' around corners in an Alfa GTA with big beefy tyres and a properly raucous engine note.
tzqhZhE.jpg

Dibbz

Oh Dibbz, so far I've only played this demo twice, and not for a week now as I was getting really into The Last of Us, however you may have just inspired me to attempt the full track properly ;-)

I'm playing TLoU on the side as well but GT6 is just too much fun that I keep going back for more. Leaderboards are such a tease. Any sort of competition with friends and I get sucked in.

Regarding the sounds, I already feel like they have improved from GT5. You can actually hear the exhaust in cockpit now unlike in GT6. Would love to hear what some muscle cars sound like now.

Not saying the sounds are perfect but it's a step up.

Guess we can assume the good wood hill climb is in then?

Bring back pikes peak please!

He's been to Goodwood many times before and it's never showed up in GT, plus it's crap and too short, the race circuit is also crap. Do not want.

Weren't PD photographed at Pikes Peak a few years back? Some Japanese guy was recording sound for a game iirc, it was also in that PD tour video on the computer screen, RedBull and Loeb smashing records, surely the Peak is returning.

That bonus GT6 content for 5 million Greatness Awaits views: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JQFUXGpZpeU

lol

Put in a bit of time today and manged to get into 2:21's Took me below amar, oh yeah, but FASJ as usual is on another planet.

Its not exactly that hard to get into the 2;20's with the DS3, i got 2:21.xxx after 4 laps yesterday. I can get it down to low 2:19s (maybe a high 2;18) by the time the competition runs out. If anyone in Gaf is interested in adding me (Daverytimes) feel free to do so, i love competing with fellow gaffers.

Hey, i was so frustrated last night, i kept messing up my laps just before T2 (maggots i guess).

Chasing that Ti-Tech ghost is a pain, if you´re too close you freak out and end up losing the lap.

I really dig these competitions. I don´t know why but i love to know that everyone is playing and competing.

Just makes me extra sad that we don´t have car leaderboards like in GT HD and GT5 Prologue.

You will be hitting that sub 2´20 time quickly, you will see, just keep on turning laps.

amar212

Weren't PD photographed at Pikes Peak a few years back? Some Japanese guy was recording sound for a game iirc, it was also in that PD tour video on the computer screen, RedBull and Loeb smashing records, surely the Peak is returning.

Pikes Peak was announced as GT5 track at the very release on Red Bull official site.

Best thing - it was never pulled down, the article is still there. But as we learned, the original comments that were implying how Pikes Peak will come to GT5 as DLC were erased soon as article begun to catch traffic.

I agree it is possible to expect it back in the series in GT6 but with low expectations.

televator

Just made a go at the full lap last night. Silver'd.... Soul crushing... it's okay. Just gotta get in the zone. Yeah, that's it. I golded all the separate segments and I eventually gold 99% of pretty much anything I try in GT games, so I just have to come back fresh. Need to find ~5 tenths.

I'm confused.

You know how Turn 10 (and practically every other company) does their sound? They record, and then slap a heavy filter on it. It works.

PD hasn't done that until recently, but it still hasn't been good enough. They are developing a new filter to make the cars sound more "real" and give them more life. The recorded sounds aren't new. The filter on top of them is.

EDIT: Shit, double post...

ethomaz

Banned
I think the GT5 sound really good in a surround system but weak in a normal one... Forza 4 sound looks overboosted in any sound system.

spwolf

I strongly disagree. To me GT6 looks cleaner and has better lighting. GT5 looks a bit blown out in comparison. More jaggies too. GT6 just looks overall smoother and more polished. None of those horrid jagged edges on shadows and smoke. Even the tree's look better, though that could also be the ToD.

I finally got back home to play some GT6 and yeah, HDR and shadow fix make it a lot nicer looking game. I guess the difference might be that some people are comparing screenshots.

Pikes Peak was announced as GT5 track at the very release on Red Bull official site.

Best thing - it was never pulled down, the article is still there. But as we learned, the original comments that were implying how Pikes Peak will come to GT5 as DLC were erased soon as article begun to catch traffic.

I agree it is possible to expect it back in the series in GT6 but with low expectations.

I forgot about that guide. Can't wait to tackle Sebastien Loeb's Pikes Peak challenge in GT6 - dat Pug

Cool to see my ID there right below amar :) Can't do much better with a controller though, and it's not as fulfilling

Avtomat

He's been to Goodwood many times before and it's never showed up in GT, plus it's crap and too short, the race circuit is also crap. Do not want.

That bonus GT6 content for 5 million Greatness Awaits views: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JQFUXGpZpeU

lol

Famous last words eh? ;-)

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619431

l2ounD

Started playing a little bit,
Im digging the new lighting system and handling physics. The replays look a lot sweeter too.

A couple issues with frame rate and flickering but definitely getting hyped for GT6! They are always hiding goodies. :)

amar212

cool to be 1sec faster than amar xD

Amar hasn't played it besides that initial session conducted on that day ;)

I think I could find at least second more if I would sit down properly and concentrate. But more than that is out of my realm - uncharted alien territory which I am not ready to spend my time on - I have to play TLOU and Metro LL :))

Amar hasn't played it besides that initial session conducted on that day ;)

I think I could find at least second more if I would sit down properly and concentrate. But more than that is out of my realm - uncharted alien territory which I am not ready to spend my time on - I have to play TLOU and Metro LL :))

Amazing selection of games you got there. Definitely the two best games of this year for me, with TLOU taking the crown.

ethomaz

Banned
I started to get the feeling of the full lap and make really good laps (for me).

2:27.232

But I'm sure I can do below 2:25 with a controller because there was time that I can get over 1 second ahead this 2:27 ghost... just need don't make more mistakes.

I will try to get at least Gold.

Top Bottom