• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT6 Demo Tuesday 2nd July

This isn't really new, but here's what we should expect from gamescom

"We've updated the physics engine, we've updated the rendering engine, we've updated the suspension models. That's all good news for GT5 users, but I think if you try the version on the show floor right now you'll realize that going from the top menu screen you can immediately go into a race seamlessly without it stopping for loading times," Yamauchi explained. "That's something we really worked hard for, so that the UI is smooth and quick. That's something that I think GT5 users will really appreciate."

But what beyond that? I told him that it seems like they have something bigger up their sleeves. He laughed and nodded.

"Yes, we have things in the works." [laughs] "I think we might be ready to announce more things at gamescom."

"We mentioned it a little bit at the Silverstone announcement a few weeks ago but we want to affect more industries outside of just the game world, and we're setting up a lot of collaborations with a lot of different game companies right now, as we speak," Yamauchi reminded. "I think those are some of the most interesting things coming up for GT6."

He tells us that this year's gamescom will bring us more information on these and other details, including multiplayer additions to GT6.

http://www.destructoid.com/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-and-beyond-256119.phtml

Mobius 1

And just as i was disappointed for not performing as well as the past years in GT Academy i just received an email inviting me for the finals in New York next week.

Talk about a huge bummer.

Every year GT Academy happens i just start to think about how cool it would be to go on to those finals and to compete for a spot in Silverstone.

Must be a unique experience.

Too bad the only american thing that i have is my PSN tag.

It´s a shame to live in a "tier 2" country. Maybe one day Nissan´s marketing department will wake up and bring GT Academy to different regions.

Oh well, all it´s left is to imagine "what it?" scenarios...

:( I will impersonate you, but my driving has been rubbish.

Sorry man.

Is the demo still available or is there a reason why I can't find it on EU PSN?

I don't think it's listed under demos.

Look up "GT Academy 2013"

I'm not sure if it's listed as that in the EU though. I'm in NA, and that's how they list it for me.

Be sure to play it in 720p (change system settings). 1080p mode is a mess. 720 is almost locked solid.

Oohh baby, Kaz's choice for this years Concours GT trophy (it'll appear in a future GT)

untitled5wyd2.png

His best pick so far.

I just thought about something. What if Kaz picked a Porsche?

He wouldn't because there's now way that he could include it in the game, and that's part of the award. I believe that a Porsche was in the running for the SEMA trophy, but that obviously didn't win for the same reason.

nib95

Banned
Anyone know if the 2014 BMW 320D M Sport and BMW X5 30d M Sport / M50d will be in the final game? As in, the new shape versions of each vehicle.

Anyone know if the 2014 BMW 320D M Sport and BMW X5 30d M Sport / M50d will be in the final game? As in, the new shape versions of each vehicle.

I doubt it. Also, why do you want the diesel models?

I guess it's possible we'll get the F30 M3 or the F32 M4 (or both) as DLC next year.

nib95

Banned
I doubt it. Also, why do you want the diesel models?

I guess it's possible we'll get the F30 M3 or the F32 M4 (or both) as DLC next year.

Better low end torque, as well as better MPG and fuel cost savings for hardly any performance loss. BMW make some of the best diesel engines around.

_machine

i assume that wont be the case in the ps4 version? if so then wow
Why wouldn't it be? Creating cockpits for all the standards cars would be a huge ordeal and to me it looks like they'd rather use that time and the resources to create new premiums.

amar212

Why wouldn't it be? Creating cockpits for all the standards cars would be a huge ordeal and to me it looks like they'd rather use that time and the resources to create new premiums.

I think it is safe to assume how all work on *upgrading* Standards is not done by first tier of modelers but by all new modelers that were hired by PD through the last 18 months, as part of their "learning" process.

Also, I would assume that *upgrades* on Standards will be much more extensive than we think. Just the fact there will be no *split* - Kazunori said exactly that - and how "Standards" will be 100% usable in Photomode points towards heavy touch-up of exteriors (also, the various tuning-parts, etc, could point that previous "Standards" have been put up with detachable chassis upgrades of actual models).

As for interiors, I think we will see upgrades towards interiors as seen on GTPSP, where despite "black cardboard" interiors there were actual bonnets, working aero parts, wipers, mirrors and so on visible from he interior (which is not the case in GT5).

We will see, but I think we'll be positively surprised.

From Jordan at GTplanet

Unfortunately, no, I'm not attending Gamescom. I'll be keeping the site's blog updated throughout the week of all the news as it comes out, though. I'm expecting a lot.

He seems to be in the loop with PD/Sony lately, so it seems like they're going to drop quite a bit of info at gamescom.

_machine

I think it is safe to assume how all work on *upgrading* Standards is not done by first tier of modelers but by all new modelers that were hired by PD through the last 18 months, as part of their "learning" process.

Also, I would assume that *upgrades* on Standards will be much more extensive than we think. Just the fact there will be no *split* - Kazunori said exactly that - and how "Standards" will be 100% usable in Photomode points towards heavy touch-up of exteriors (also, the various tuning-parts, etc, could point that previous "Standards" have been put up with detachable chassis upgrades of actual models).

As for interiors, I think we will see upgrades towards interiors as seen on GTPSP, where despite "black cardboard" interiors there were actual bonnets, working aero parts, wipers, mirrors and so on visible from he interior (which is not the case in GT5).

We will see, but I think we'll be positively surprised.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. Finally got meself a PS3 and while I've certainly enjoyed trying out the GT5 a bit, it didn't quite match my expectations after coming down from a few sims, but PD seems to be at fixing everything that disappointed me in GT5 and I'm really excited to finally get a GT game (eventually) even if it's a bit different kind of fun from pCARS and AC.

Was just catching up on the FIA GT races and saw that Lucas Ordóñez got knocked out of 3rd place in style. Glad to see he's still doing well though.

ifD4DugXBJWtz.gif
igyVgqvsaprIz.gif

Also, bonus:
ibqOg8v5i6V7o8.gif

bud

GT6 won't be on PS4. It'll be GT7 with "premium" cars only. The car count should be in the 500s by then.

i think they'll keep their standard cars because kaz wants it to be a 'museum of cars', and that they'll just work on turning all standards into premiums, eventually. besides, it'd look weird from a marketing point of view to go from 1200+ cars to 500+ cars in the next title.

i think they'll keep their standard cars because kaz wants it to be a 'museum of cars', and that they'll just work on turning all standards into premiums, eventually. besides, it'd look weird from a marketing point of view to go from 1200+ cars to 500+ cars in the next title.

They'll probably have it somehow, but won't let you drive them. Only on rotating display to see the description / specs etc.

Can't wait to see the livery editor.

Don't see this happening.

amar212

No, Yes, No.

Also, the "GPS track generator" will end up being a miss interpretation of the Data Logger.

And, Day / Night cycle in most if not all tracks.

Yeah, I will go with Murph here, sorry Wax :/

Porsche would be surprising turn of events (not impossible at all, but very hardly imaginable.. but we will not know until it is all delivered) while "autobahn" could get covered more-less with upgraded Course Maker.

And I will also be damn sad if GPS is indeed a missup, I feel that techology is 100% here and only needs to be assembled and delivered.

Still, damn excited despite not knowing literally anything this time.

Mobius 1

How exactly this GPS feature is supposed to work? It hasn't been explained, right?

The safe assumption on my part is:

1. You download, install and run the GT app on a smartphone.
2. Go out for a drive. It will trace your route using GPS.
3. When you're done – either a closed loop circuit or a point-to-point segment – it will upload the GPS data to gran-turismo.com under your profile.
4. Jump on GT6 on the PS3, it will sync the data from your profile, ask you for an environment to create the track on.
5. Edit details like track width, banking, length, etc.
6. It will render the track and you're ready to drive on it.

What I don't expect:
- No way to add or edit trackside detail besides what's automatically generated. It will not use or try to replicate anything from your actual location.
- Limited to around 10 mile long courses.
- More environments added later via DLC.

Aren't pre order boxes made by retailers themselves?

No, I don't think so. Not this one at least. It would have a bunch of EB Games crap on it if it was.

The reason I took that pic in the first place was because people thought this photo of the pre-order box that was floating around during the 15th Anniversary Event was fake. I saw the box a few weeks ago at an EB and it was identical (apart from the URL saying "playstation.co.nz" instead of "eu.playstation.com"). I posted it in another GT6 thread but no one really took notice of it.

amar212

I posted it in another GT6 thread but no one really took notice of it.

I did if it means anything :)

The main doubts were on the GTP to be honest, some people there are really insane regarding their suspicious to anything. But that "box cover" was created for the 15th Anniversary event by Sony/PD people, that is 100% sure.

Also, I am getting more and more intrigued by this particular sentence on the SCEE press-page GT6 description:

Create your very own, personalised custom car and leave the competition in the dust.

Remember this mystery car from the May announcement nobody knew which is?

I have previously exercised the possibility for the car creator and I am still intrigued by the wordings of this particular bullet released after the 15th Anniversary conference.

Top Bottom