• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: Chinatown Wars heading to PSP

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looks nice. I like that it's less blurry/blocky than the DS version. I think the Widescreen helps that.

12.jpg

So... they kept the minigames, but converted them to normal controls? That's gonna be weird.

zigg

I like the way the world looks, quite a bit, but I'm not a fan of the way the talking heads look. Maybe the DS' low res hid some of those more artistically offensive details...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
EmCeeGramr said:
12.jpg

So... they kept the minigames, but converted them to normal controls? That's gonna be weird.
Seriously. Spinning the analog nub is gonna be so much more awkward than fiddling with your stylus and being ready to take your hands off the main controls at a moment's notice.

wrowa

I hate their descision to make it look less cartoony :| Okay, they didn't change the style of the cutscenes but the in-game screens are missing the comic-style nearly completely.

Don

EmCeeGramr said:
12.jpg

Seems fine. I'm guessing the minigame controls will be similar to some of the minigames that were used in The Warriors for stealing car radios, breaking out of handcuffs and mugging people. Just spinning the analogue or tapping the shoulder buttons etc.

EmCeeGramr said:
12.jpg

Difference is spinning analog stick vs drawing a circle. Only ones I can think of that might be worse if not changed a lot are where you have to look through trash for weapons. If you drag a cursor to pull away the other trash, that could be a bit annoying.

I really need to see this game in motion before I decided if I'll rebuy it. I liked Chinatown Wars, but wasn't really crazy about it. A lot of the annoying parts came from the touch screen usage, and they're more or less still here in a less annoying way. There will still be situations where you need to play a mini-game when trying to steal a car and all that. Also, the cost. If it's $40 like the last two GTA PSP games, I won't get it at releaes. $20, or at most, $30 would be more fitting.

and while most of the controls I suspect will be better, the new screens show the drug trading interface won't be. I wonder how they changed the PDA too.

I think it looks great. I wanna double dip just to support the best GTA in recent years, but I'm not sure if I should get the iPhone version or the PSP one... Thinking about it, if th iPhone version controls well and is cheap I might triple dip.

KillerAJD

Looks like I need to take my PSP apart to fix the nub. I really don't want to pass this one up, and pretty much any other game besides puzzlers are impossible to play with a busted analog nub.

After watching the trailer I don't see how I could pass this up. Looks to be the first UMD that replaces my MLB 09 that's been in it since March :lol

Top Bottom