• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has gone gold.

Finalow

lol, it's actually true.

peeQ7cD.png

Someone wrote those words. With a keyboard. And then someone else let that be published on the internet.
whatever, I ain't even mad.

d31m0s

lol, it's actually true.

peeQ7cD.png

Someone wrote those words. With a keyboard. And then someone else let that be published on the internet.

Man that is awful i may write bad on forums and chats but if i was writing a review i would triple check it over and over to make sure it was flawless.

Undead

I'm wondering how the character switching will play out, I know you can't switch when you have a wanted level but what about a split second before.

I'm hoping to be able to drive at top speed along the road Michaels house is on and just before I smash into a load of peds I switch to Michael in the hopes of whichever character I was using gets a wanted level and goes on the run while I follow, maybe helping or hindering his escape just for kicks.

So, I just had a thought. Has anyone considered how the 'BUSTED' system works? It was pretty poor in GTA IV (why wouldn't you resist? If you died, at least you kept your weapons). Hopefully several cops can jump on you, making arrest unavoidable if you get too careless. And how do you balance this? Well, you make it so that you can control one of the other characters as the arrested character gets driven to a police station. If you're quick enough, you could rescue your friend from arrest. Perhaps as insurance, you could call one of the other protagonists to ask them to join you, so that they already headed towards you in the event you are arrested.

I'm basically going to be spending a week thinking about the coolest features they probably didn't put into GTA V.

Cops supposedly have TASERs so I'm gonna guess that if you resist at low levels the first thing they do is hit you with it and perhaps scramble on you.

CF22

Another one, don't know if this one's been posted. Notice the other boxes on the background. Looks real but I'm skeptical until we see the map, maybe just a few more hours.

u0t1.jpg

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Why is everyone so excited for a fucking leak? Am I the only one who just wants a final gameplay launch trailer, and the rest of the thing to be a surprise?

Also, I've never been busted in GTAIV. You will more than likely die before you're busted, so it's a good trade off.

I don't want anything at this point. I'm content with the days painstakingly passing by and going into the game without seeing any leaked gameplay or another trailer.

antitrop

I'm almost as hyped for this game as I was for GTA III back in the day. I remember reading through those Game Informer cover issues... my mind couldn't comprehend 3D GTA.

I'm working on platting Darksiders (yay PS+) and once that's done that'll be a nice 10GB freed up on my HDD. Don't need the space right now (well over 100GM ATM) but the more I free up the better.

Why is everyone so excited for a fucking leak? Am I the only one who just wants a final gameplay launch trailer, and the rest of the thing to be a surprise?

Also, I've never been busted in GTAIV. You will more than likely die before you're busted, so it's a good trade off.

I don't get the leak obsession either... I'm going even deeper into avoid sites once that leak happens and I'm sure it will soon but at least we're only a week out now so it's not going to be that hard to avoid stuff.

I agree, I don't want to see leaked gameplay. But i also don't want any new official trailers. I'm done looking at media for this game, and won't bother reading reviews.

I stopped reading reviews years ago.

d31m0s

I don't want anything at this point. I'm content with the days painstakingly passing by and going into the game without seeing any leaked gameplay or another trailer.

I do not want anything either i want it to be fresh as possible so many companies spoil stuff prerelease. Half of the reason i am also glad for the upcoming mario and DKC a few things have been shown nothing else and it will be super fresh.some companies are awful for ruining their games cough cough Square enix Cough cough

We got a notice in work today that we should expect copies to arrive this week, some ridiculous security measures though.
We've been advised not to store copies with other games and out of sight from customers, which makes sense because I don't doubt someone would hop the counter to grab a copy and run. One suggestion was to keep the copies in the bottom of a storage box of popcorn, with the popcorn bags covering them and then kept out in the stockroom because no one is going to get in there. That seems kind of excessive though...

Alienous

We got a notice in work today that we should expect copies to arrive this week, some ridiculous security measures though.
We've been advised not to store copies with other games and out of sight from customers, which makes sense because I don't doubt someone would hop the counter to grab a copy and run. One suggestion was to keep the copies in the bottom of a storage box of popcorn, with the popcorn bags covering them and then kept out in the stockroom because no one is going to get in there. That seems kind of excessive though...

Holy shit.

It's like they're expecting ... a heist ...

d31m0s

Super serious security

Mistah

Now if you would kindly share the adres some people would like to do a Grand Theft Games stuff ;p

I'm joking don't track me police !

Derrick01

Banned
eh, i think that's really annoying on replays.

The first playthrough is the one that's going to be the most memorable anyway. It's important not to ruin that.

Saints Row probably isn't the best example but I had seen most of the content that game had to offer within a few hours. They didn't bother locking very much away besides novelty items like that glove that would make people explode. What's worse is they still chose to introduce side content through main story missions even though they weren't locked away, so I was forced to "learn" activities I had already done on my own.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true

it is rockstar after all

Hip Hop

I really want to look at the map I'm going to be spending in for quite sometime in a game.

I really don't mind that much at all. Far different from story spoilers imo.

The map will make me want the game even more, and we can finally see how big it really is.

Because why not? Knowing the map or seeing early gameplay isn't going to ruining the game for me. As long as the ending or any story twists don't get spoiled I'm all for leaks.

I'm finishing up dark souls so I'm being kept plenty busy until GTA V hits. Will be fun to not get my ass kicked so hard in a game and just cause some real damage. I'm sick of dying so much :(

Although the first thing I'm gonna do in GTA V is probably crash a plane into something. ~_~

Top Bottom