• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Launching Spring 2013 On Xbox 360/PS3 [Officially Confirmed By Rockstar]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

I don't feel like there will be one, but that top picture reminded me of all the people talking about a possible female protagonist before the first trailer came out.

Though maybe the picture does hint at female cops. Almost positive there hasn't been any in the previous games.

Why would they have Xbox logos on a PS3 boxart placeholder?
They wouldn't, 'twas just my lame attempt at a joke :lol

I'm kidding about the exclusive, just having fun after all the earlier talk about platforms :p

UrbanRats

these one looks real!

I hope the previous one si fake, the character looks like shit(as it did in trailer1) and I don't want to care about dogs.

SO much wrong in one post.

Anyway, great art as expected:

1) female cops. (on this note, SA also had an art with a female cop, but no actual female cops in-game; that art depicted, actually, one of the girlfriends available, let's hope that's not the case here)
2) the blonde girl in the artwork is most probably not a protagonist, they've always had art of various characters, even not story relevant (lollipop girl in GTA4).
3) Glad Quads are back.
4) Very glad info are starting to leak out (if trivial).

Squire

Banned
You're safer assuming it'll be once again a very serious drama. R* wants to tell stories like that and the ones they've done so far have either been good (and in my opinion, they very much are; especially in RDR's case) or people keep telling them they're good. The radio ads and things in the world will make you laugh, no doubt, but they don't really have a reason to return to overtly black comedy if they don't miss it themselves.

GlamFM

Banned
You're safer assuming it'll be once again a very serious drama. R* wants to tell stories like that and the ones they've done so far have either been good (and in my opinion, they very much are; especially in RDR's case) or people keep telling them they're good. The radio ads and things in the world will make you laugh, no doubt, but they don't really have a reason to return to overtly black comedy if they don't miss it themselves.

- Guy with a dog on a metal chain.
- Female cop ( and suspect ) right out of playboy magazine.
- Some dude on a quad with the biggest sniper rifle I´ve ever seen.
- Guys with silenced AKs ready to rob a bank.

You´re right - seems dead serious to me. Don´t know how I could think this was over the top.

Now look at the GTA IV art again and tell me if you see a shift in tone:

633318480977245738.jpg

Squire

Banned
I don't. I think it's too early to tell as Derrick said. I think you're exxagerating in your impressions of V's art and seeing what you wanna see.

Again, the recent tone to R* titles is one that they chose and very obviously favor, so why go back? Too man complaints? It's hurting sales?

Oh wait. It's absolutely not. I'm not saying what'll happen, but again, it's a safer bet it'll be serious again rather than the alternative.

GlamFM

Banned
I don't. I think it's too early to tell as Derrick said. I think you're exxagerating in your impressions of V's art and seeing what you wanna see.

I know exactly what I see. Thank you. And I´m not exxxxagerating my impressions ( whatever that means... )

I´m seeing colorful images that are rather fun compared to grey images showing depressed men from eastern Europe.

Why go back you say? Remember a game called Ballad of Gay Tony? Would you call it over the top? I would.

Hanmik

iyhUcAgpOPSgM.jpg

http://www.edge-online.com/news/grand-theft-auto-release-confirmed-for-spring-2013/

Grand Theft Auto V will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 in spring 2013, Rockstar Games has announced, confirming rumours sparked by photos of retail displays leaked over the weekend.

Founder Sam Houser said: “Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we’ve learned about open-world game design. We can’t wait to share it with fans.”

Pre-orders begin on November 5; as we pointed out yesterday, a May release seems likely, though publisher Take-Two might prefer it to launch in March so that its doubtless gargantuan sales revenue can be included in its year-end accounts.

Kyzer

Banned
>> 2K says Wii was unprofitable except for Nintendo

>> 2K will test the waters with Aliens: Colonial Marines

>> Lame game will not sell

>> Wii U gets no 2K support

Will be the game of this gen for sure. GTAIV was amazing but needed a little extra content I'm sure this will have. If the game plays like GTAIV but has a lighter more humorous tone and more side stuff nothing will top it this gen. I put in over 100 hours in GTAIV not counting the DLC. I can't wait to do that again.

Dabanton

I still don't get where this GTA:IV is too 'serious' meme came from. It retained the same amount of melodrama and comedy of San Andreas which was obviously R* first attempt at making a character who was not just a one note if fun psycho.

Why would be safer? RDR you can't compare to GTA. A "funny" Western just doesn't fit. You can be entertaining and comical without coming off as a complete joke, just like all GTA's before IV. Plus if you see what they did with the episodes you can see they're just as comfortable with that formula than they are with the "serious" tone.

Of course it won't be Saint's Row 3 ludicrous, but I strongly believe it won't be GTA IV serious. If BoGT and TLaTD showed us anything, they can definitely do both. GTA IV would have been an epic game if they had just added a little color to it, stopped with the friendship bullshit, added a little more variety (like in older GTA's it seems there was a mini-game for a ton of things from stealing cars to remote control cars) and cleaned up the checkpoint system. Things that were easily remedied in the expansions they offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom