• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

mr_square

I have to turn the game in for credit. I can't complete the Father/Son mission. It is impossible for me to shoot and drive. I have done the mission at least 25 time's. I have tried every control scheme available with different cameras. I fail every time. This really sucks because I was really enjoying the game. Before anyone says I suck, I'm a disabled gamer.

You know you can skip past checkpoints if you're having trouble with 'em?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIWL-9S6cW4

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but what is the aiming mode most people are using in first person?

I've found it terribly difficult to hit things with free aim and I'm normally okay at first person shooters. I swapped to assisted aim but feel that I'm cheating.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
When is it that I need to invest in the stock market to get all of that money? I just killed the LifeInvaders CEO.

Life invader on LCN, probably the share with biggest - drop. Buy all stock that you can, go straight out of mobile browser, go back again and sell it all. But looks like they killed it with latest patch.

WITHE1982

Yeah, I just checked & it no longer works.

Well Dayum.

I was just about to unlock Trevor and up his bank to $2 billion to match the nouveau riche Franklin and Michael.

Guess I'll have to do it the normal way. It's not like there isn't a ton of money to be made in this town.

patched
then "failed to join a game due to incompatible assets" (trying to join friend)
job .. join race
then .. only person in lobby
online .. players
none, two or four ish only
online .. find new session
all alone
online .. find new session
all alone

jts

...hate me...
Not gonna patch until I'm done with the glitch on all three characters.

This-is-the-Lance-Vance-Dance.gif

Only did Michael so far.

Actually this sucks because if I don't update I can't download the pre-order money for Franklin, which would be helpful to cap his money faster but oh well. Suits me for being lazy.

ZeroX03

Banned
This game never ceases to floor me with the new places I find, and the attention to detail. To beautiful to look at it and a fun sandbox to play in. Played on PS3 but now I find myself exploring even more with the upgraded graphics. Additional wildlife kicks ass too.

It's a huge contrast to Unity. That game may looks good but a 1:1 Paris is not designed for gameplay. It felt so sterile and a chore to navigate in comparison.

Docpan

Alright so this game is a little disorienting.

I feel like I don't know how to dive in. I feel like I don't know how to control the game and figure out the options and get started. There are too many options and I don't know what's best. I never played the original game.

Like with the first person switch by hitting the touch pad. Sometimes I have to double click it, sometimes I just have to hit it once and I don't know why.

The game defaults to auto aim mode a-la GTA IV style, but I don't know if free aim is superior.

First person mode feels slow just clicking L-trigger to auto aim at someone feels like I'm playing a basic version of Virtua cop or something, with even less mobility than that.

I just need someone who really understands all of the options to screenshot or type out their exact configuration for the best results. I like inverted look. How sensitive should I leave the aim?

Maybe it's because of the 30fps, but I feel like I'm playing like shit. I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going. I just sat on Franklin's couch and smoked the weed.

Does anyone play with 5.1 headphones (astro a50 in this case)? Should I default the audio options to "surround speakers" or "headphones"? Under surround mode, I feel like I'm hearing more, and louder, though that could be imagination. Where should I set the speaker distance in the options menu?

Halp.

Quick question: If I just power through the story missions, will all the other side missions still be available after?

Also, where can I find an easy spaceship part? I want to get collecting, but having a difficult time finding the first one.

EDIT: And as for the shooting, I just wish the reticule was bigger.

BigDug13

I feel like I don't know how to dive in. I feel like I don't know how to control the game and figure out the options and get started. There are too many options and I don't know what's best. I never played the original game.

Like with the first person switch by hitting the touch pad. Sometimes I have to double click it, sometimes I just have to hit it once and I don't know why.

The game defaults to auto aim mode a-la GTA IV style, but I don't know if free aim is superior.

First person mode feels slow just clicking L-trigger to auto aim at someone feels like I'm playing a basic version of Virtua cop or something, with even less mobility than that.

I just need someone who really understands all of the options to screenshot or type out their exact configuration for the best results. I like inverted look. How sensitive should I leave the aim?

Maybe it's because of the 30fps, but I feel like I'm playing like shit. I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going. I just sat on Franklin's couch and smoked the weed.

Does anyone play with 5.1 headphones (astro a50 in this case)? Should I default the audio options to "surround speakers" or "headphones"? Under surround mode, I feel like I'm hearing more, and louder, though that could be imagination. Where should I set the speaker distance in the options menu?

Halp.

Clicking a button to autotarget an enemy is simply how GTA has been for years. Now that your perspective is first person, that doesn't somehow make that same GTA control scheme they've had since GTA3 into "Virtua Cop" does it? And if it does, has the third person perspective been hiding the fact that GTA is just Virtua Cop all these years?

The game seems balanced around the auto-target mechanism when you can die in a few gunshots.

Chabbles

Halp.

First person mode didnt really click for me untill i turned up the FOV slider to max, and switched "run" from X to L3, like a regular shooter.

And with the audio, im using sony golds with "headphones" setting on, and with the box ticked below that says something like "wireless headphones preset"

reminder

Quick question: If I just power through the story missions, will all the other side missions still be available after?

Also, where can I find an easy spaceship part? I want to get collecting, but having a difficult time finding the first one.

EDIT: And as for the shooting, I just wish the reticule was bigger.

You can change the reticule in the options menu to a bigger one.

doofy102

Lmao.

Go free aim assisted, it's a good mix of both. Your gun doesn't jerkily "lock" to anything and you always have full control over the movement of the aiming. When you aim your gun whilst directly facing an enemy, the reticule will rise up automatically; pointing at him (if you're strafing, it will move off him). It's a balanced control scheme for the game. Just remember to go full free-aim for online matchmaking.

My third person camera movement is set to about 60% on both.

First person is about 60% for camera movement, 15% for aiming (when iron scoping you want a more gentle touch on the aim.)

You need to take it where there are lots of pedestrians and just knock them down like civil rights protestors.

Dude. Wtf???

If you meant what i think you meant thats some racist ass shit and nothing to joke about.

eh I just use it on the cops and have fun with the game lets leave the real life race issues out of the gaming thread

I'm black and what he said is historically accurate I doubt he was trying to be racist (I hope)

MMaRsu

Banned

Halp.

Hello good sir.

It seems you are playing the game all wrong.

Go to controls and set up standard FPS controls.

Max your FOV. Turn the sensitivity down a bit. Turn on inverted look ( is that possible? I dont know )

Have fun playing one of the best games of last gen!

Also, there are three camera angles. If you press it once it will always change to the next one. So pressing the touchpad twice will probably go into FPS mode yeah. But just press it once.

Also set up independant camera options from the display screen. That way you can play with the camera outside when driving

red731

You could become a billionaire fairly quick and easy after a certain mission by buying and selling stock.

You can become a blillionarire even without Lester. That is the glitch. No assa, but LVI -#-##% stock, buying and selling.

Anyone else find flying in planes/helicopters hard in first person view?

No, afterall you are in plane in first person view :) You will have lowered vision even irl, hh.

eh I just use it on the cops and have fun with the game lets leave the real life race issues out of the gaming thread

I'm black and what he said is historically accurate I doubt he was trying to be racist (I hope)

Already PMd two mods. So if i made a post about going to a jewish neighborhood and mowing people down like holocaust survivors, etc thatd be cool too?

Fuck being you black (no offense). This could have been any race.

Edit: even more disturbing is why would you even want to re-enact something so horrible anyway?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i just turned my internet off to stop it updating while i finished the story. only ended up with $29m/character which isn't that great. now with the glitch i have $370m each. got michael an extra 150m for the golf club.

370m is way more than enough. i only had 120/130m for each character on ps3 and that was after buying pretty much everything (except the golf club).

now i can just come off the gas a bit with this game. been playing it pretty much exclusively since it came out. i'll just take my time and do the side missions. still so many hours left in it!

mr_square

Pressing the touchpad cycles through the camera options. There are three (four?):

Near
Far
First person

If you're on Near, you have to press it twice to cycle through to first person.

MMaRsu

Banned
Already PMd two mods. So if i made a post about going to a jewish neighborhood and mowing people down like holocaust survivors, etc thatd be cool too?

Edit: even more disturbing is why would you even want to re-enact something so horrible anyway?

What are you serious? I doubt he's racist, you can put the water blaster on any protestors since they still do that?

Racism isn't cool and I don't think he was being racist personally.

Pachimari

So I have a 5.1 surround sound setup and when I choose this option in Settings it becomes surround BUT I can't hear anything when the characters speak.

Why is that?

Catdaddy

Halp.

I have the Sony Gold headset w/ surround, and I'm playing with Surround Sound setup, at least in my case when I switched through the options you can hear the difference when it switched to the simulated surround (stand near traffic if you want to test).

MADGAME

There is nothing racist about the poster's comment. "Civil protesters" is not a race of people and I did not see a mention of specific neighborhood, where is that coming from?

cackhyena

Is that a newer patch than the one I had to download over last weekend? I hope it is. Haven't had the chance to try the money glitch yet. XB1 version.

Top Bottom