• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Already PMd two mods. So if i made a post about going to a jewish neighborhood and mowing people down like holocaust survivors, etc thatd be cool too?

Fuck being you black (no offense). This could have been any race.

Edit: even more disturbing is why would you even want to re-enact something so horrible anyway?

I think you're overreacting just a bit.

Has anyone else started up the game to find that their setting have been reset? It's happened twice to me now. I just updated the game and my controls/setting were all reset. Pretty annoying.

Also, does anyone have any idea why i can't sell my Cheetah? It's the only vehicle in my garage that LSC won't buy from me.

tanmandu

Neo Member
Has anyone else started up the game to find that their setting have been reset? It's happened twice to me now. I just updated the game and my controls/setting were all reset. Pretty annoying.

Also, does anyone have any idea why i can't sell my Cheetah? It's the only vehicle in my garage that LSC won't buy from me.

Yup. Numerous times now. Have been searching for a fix since day one.

MMaRsu

Banned

Yup happened to me as well, fucking annoying. I have to put all my settings back :/.

kev25b

Same here :(

John_B

The brightness setting on PS4 is a few clicks right from center by default. There are 30 clicks in total. Is the exact middle of the brightness slider (15 clicks) neutral or is the default setting (18? clicks) neutral?

I understand that people have shit TVs, or have messed up settings on them, but it would be nice if they would label the values on the damn sliders (0 for neutral brightness, 2.2 for standard gamma).

cackhyena

I've had to turn off the rumble for this game. I can't remember the last game that went this overboard with battery killing. It's absurd.

Artex

Banned
Is there a way to lock a cinematic camera? This always bothered me that it changes them automatically. I know you can cycle them with the right stick but I'd like to lock it to one if possible.

Rembrandt

Banned
Already PMd two mods. So if i made a post about going to a jewish neighborhood and mowing people down like holocaust survivors, etc thatd be cool too?

Edit: even more disturbing is why would you even want to re-enact something so horrible anyway?

Yeah, it was a very tasteless comment.

What are you serious? I doubt he's racist, you can put the water blaster on any protestors since they still do that?

Racism isn't cool and I don't think he was being racist personally.

He said civil rights protesters so what does "any protesters" have to do with anything?

There is nothing racist about the poster's comment. "Civil protesters" is not a race of people and I did not see a mention of specific neighborhood, where is that coming from?

Okay. He said civil rights protesters so it was quite obvious what he was alluding to. Don't be purposely dense. I'm not saying he's racist, but it was an unnecessary comment.

MMaRsu

Banned

He said civil rights protesters so what does "any protesters" have to do with anything?

Okay. He said civil rights protesters so it was quite obvious what he was alluding to. Don't be purposely dense. I'm not saying he's racist, but it was an unnecessary comment.

Well civil rights protestors can be protesting any sort of civil right anyway don't they? He didn't even allude to race.

Rembrandt

Banned
Well civil rights protestors can be protesting any sort of civil right anyway don't they? He didn't even allude to race.

Yeah, okay. Let's pretend that we don't know what he's talking about. Google civil rights movement/protesters and tell me what the first results are please.

MADGAME

Call me names if you want to but anytime you you interpret words from anywhere beyond their face value means you are making assumptions. Was the original poster referencing current events? Maybe, maybe not but you don't know that without asking for clarification. Furthermore, current event protesters are very diverse and make up many different races so the racist rebuttal barely reaches strawman status.

The brightness setting on PS4 is a few clicks right from center by default. There are 30 clicks in total. Is the exact middle of the brightness slider (15 clicks) neutral or is the default setting (18? clicks) neutral?

I understand that people have shit TVs, or have messed up settings on them, but it would be nice if they would label the values on the damn sliders (0 for neutral brightness, 2.2 for standard gamma).

You say the PS4 version default is 18 clicks away from the darkest point?

On the 360 the default was the middle (15 clicks; Rockstar it would really help if there was a marker for orientation).

On PS4 i didnt test it, i just left it at default, but i noticed everything was a little bit brighter and more natural looking compared to the 360 version, but i just thought its the typical xbox/PS gamma difference (xbox darker/black crush and more contrasty, PS more natural).

Rembrandt

Banned
Call me names if you want to but anytime you you interpret words from anywhere beyond their face value means you are making assumptions. Was the original poster referencing current events? Maybe, maybe not but you don't know that without asking for clarification. Furthermore, current event protesters are very diverse and make up many different races so the racist rebuttal barely reaches strawman status.

When a poster says "civil rights protesters" and is American, one can only draw conclusions on the evidence that have. If for whatever reason you believe he's talking about protesters in China instead of what most people think of when they think about civil rights protesters being hosed, then that's on you. I didn't say he was racist, I just said the comment was tasteless, especially with what's happening in Ferguson currently.

MADGAME

When a poster says "civil rights protesters" and is American, one can only draw conclusions on the evidence that have. If for whatever reason you believe he's talking about protesters in China instead of what most people think of when they think about civil rights protesters being hosed, then that's on you. I didn't say he was racist, I just said the comment was tasteless, especially with what's happening in Ferguson currently.

Thank you for validating my point. But you're wrong, you can do more than draw conclusions. How about asking for clarification for one, you may be right but you may be wrong.

Anyway I'm going back to enjoying gaming convos, I'll try not be "purposefully dense" in the future. Peace to you.

Tigress

I've had to turn off the rumble for this game. I can't remember the last game that went this overboard with battery killing. It's absurd.

And I in turn think the game illustrates how much better the rumble was on the PS3. It loses some of the immersion factor I liked about the PS3 (in offroading and also boats on water) because the rumble on the dualshock 4 is weaker and just not as good :( (you can barely feel it. I loved how you felt the boat hitting the water after hitting a wave in the PS3 version of GTA V. In the PS4, you just don't get that effect nearly as well :(. Visuals just don't really do it the same as having a good rumble to rumble when your boat hits the water... or when your car lands on the ground after a jump).

I'm pretty sure it's sadly not R*'s fault so nothing that can be fixed unless Sony changes the Dualshock 4 design (I've noticed it in other games. The rumble just isn't as good).

Rembrandt

Banned
Thank you for validating my point. But you're wrong, you can do more than draw conclusions. How about asking for clarification for one, you may be right but you may be wrong.

Anyway I'm going back to enjoying gaming convos, I'll try not be "purposefully dense" in the future. Peace to you.

Why ask for clarification for something that's obvious? If I'm wrong, he can correct me. It's the benefit of a message board. Thank you, playing devil's advocate is a tiring thing to do.

graffix13

Whew! Just did the money glitch yesterday. Don't have Trevor unlocked yet but Michael and Franklin are sitting on a pile of cash.

seriously, a derail over that?

anyways, had a bug on the meth house mission with trevor, the doors didnt load and couldnt open and get inside; wack

I still don't understand the vehicle impounding stuff. Like which vehicles are even "mine" to be impounded?

Wanna get into the car customization stuff, but I don't wanna waste a lot of money on cars I'm never going to get back.

Also, I never got my 100,000$ from the code in the box.

I'm not sure if they fixed it in this latest patch, but on 1.03 (and probably earlier) you could duplicate cars. I only tried with Franklin, but it should work for other characters too. I bought a really sweet car from the website, modded it, and painted it. I parked it in Franklin's person garage (at his house) walked far enough away for the doors to close and then quick-save on foot from the phone. Upon loading, his personal car, that was parked in front of the house, was gone and in its place was the awesome, fancy, modded car I had just parked in the garage. I checked the garage and sure enough that same car was also in there, complete with mods.

If this still works on 1.04, it's a good way make sure you don't lose your investment in cars and mods. You'll always have a backup in case it gets lost.

Edit: This still works in 1.04.
82R9gHB.jpg

hunchback

I don't think it lets you switch to Franklin during that particular segment. Has to be done by Michael while he is driving. Wondering if he can equip an SMG to make it easier.

I tried 10 more times this morning. You have to play as Michael. I tried seeing if Michael had a special ability but nothing happened. The arthritis in my hands is horrible, so trying to use 2 bumpers, a trigger and 2 control sticks at the same time is almost impossible. I guess I will just skip the mission when they give me the option. I really want to finish the mission and not mess up the story.

So, I just flew the stunt plane for the first time last night Holy shit, its a blast. I crashed twice into the boulder on the other side of the runway before I figured out how to turn, the had several more spectacular crashes learning to fly. It took me an hour, hour and a half, but I silvered all but one stunt. I golded the airport flyby. I soooo cant wait to get into other mini games.

FireCloud

Wife walked in on the middle of the "Sex Tape" side mission with the paparazzi guy...needless to say she was as speechless as I was. Wasn't really expecting that.

I guess the only time I'll be able to play the story missions is late at night when everyone else is asleep. I've charged my first gen Sony wireless headsets to be able to play without worrying about the language in the game making it to unsuspecting ears. But now I don't know if wearing them is such a good idea as I won't be able to hear if anyone comes downstairs late at night. Based on the mission I mentioned above, the story is likely a mine field.

Yo, you're being goddamn crazy people, you know that? So this dude said you take the damn truck and you spray water at people like cops sprayed at civil rights protesters. He alluded to one of the only uses for the fire truck in this game by comparing one of its sole ingame purposes - blasting fools with water - to a real life example. Tasteless, maybe, but holy crap, dude didn't go "to use the fire truck properly you go and kill all those black people in Davis" or "man what I wouldn't give to go blast some stupid protesters today", ffs. I'm filing this argument under 'bored and looking for a fight' because it makes no rational sense at all

Wife walked in on the middle of the "Sex Tape" side mission with the paparazzi guy...needless to say she was as speechless as I was. Wasn't really expecting that.

I guess the only time I'll be able to play the story missions is late at night when everyone else is asleep. I've charged my first gen Sony wireless headsets to be able to play without worrying about the language in the game making it to unsuspecting ears. But now I don't know if wearing them is such a good idea as I won't be able to hear if anyone comes downstairs late at night. Based on the mission I mentioned above, the story is likely a mine field.

ZhMQX6f.gif

Yo, you're being goddamn crazy people, you know that? So this dude said you take the damn truck and you spray water at people like cops sprayed at civil rights protesters. He alluded to one of the only uses for the fire truck in this game by comparing one of its sole ingame purposes - blasting fools with water - to a real life example. Tasteless, maybe, but holy fuck, dude didn't go "to use the fire truck properly you go and kill all those black people in Davis" or "man what I wouldn't give to go blast some stupid protesters today", for fucks sake. I'm filing this argument under 'bored and looking for a fight' because it makes no rational sense at all

Someone drove into protesters yesterday.

damn I just want to share my FireTruck video :(

I've seen the Civil Rights videos with water hoses too
there was also a lot of that for Vietnam War protesting too right?

But why get carried away with the race issue over what is in GTA?

GTA touches on a lot of shit that is wrong with our society in general

I am avoiding current event news about Ferguson I am black I live with the pain of Sickle Cell Disease I just use a game like this for stress relief - the drama going on right now is highly frustrating

This game has tear gas too if we want to talk about protest and riots but remember this is GTA

so yeah lets not allow our frustrations of real life events to derail the GTA thread

LOL w

damn I just want to share my FireTruck video :(

I've seen the Civil Rights videos with water hoses too
there was also a lot of that for Vietnam War protesting too right?

that's what gets me, I know it's relevant and topical at the moment but that doesn't make it a taboo example when it still happened at other points in history and isn't loaded with the poster's own negative sentiment. I mean for real

Rembrandt

Banned
Yo, you're being goddamn crazy people, you know that? So this dude said you take the damn truck and you spray water at people like cops sprayed at civil rights protesters. He alluded to one of the only uses for the fire truck in this game by comparing one of its sole ingame purposes - blasting fools with water - to a real life example. Tasteless, maybe, but holy crap, dude didn't go "to use the fire truck properly you go and kill all those black people in Davis" or "man what I wouldn't give to go blast some stupid protesters today", ffs. I'm filing this argument under 'bored and looking for a fight' because it makes no rational sense at all

if we kinda agree it's tasteless, then what's the point of your comment? all I said was that it was a tasteless comment, especially in light of what's happening. I didn't claim he was a racist or anything. he could have easily just dropped the civil rights part and said protesters or he could have easily just said go spray people. he's the one that drew up the allusion and all I did was piggyback on the poster that called it out.

At post 5946:

Dude. Wtf???

If you meant what i think you meant thats some racist ass shit and nothing to joke about.

No, I did not mean it at as anything racist. I was just referencing how amazing the game is in that you simulate real things like a fire hose used against protesters which is something that occurs all across the planet by all kinds of police forces against all kinds of protesters. That is the only situation I know of where people use firehoses on humans.

if we kinda agree it's tasteless, then what's the point of your comment? all I said was that it was a tasteless comment, especially in light of what's happening. I didn't claim he was a racist or anything. he could have easily just dropped the civil rights part and said protesters or he could have easily just said go spray people. he's the one that drew up the allusion and all I did was piggyback on the poster that called it out.

He could have dropped two relevant words that give the only real life known example of this gameplay element because they'll offend someone with their mere presence regardless of intent. I just don't think that's right. He's not being racist, he's not even being a shithead. He said 'you can do this in game like this thing done in real life to people.' Anyway I was more in response to stuff like this

and yo I physically laughed out loud at that edit.

Think about it. You're in a GTA thread, son.

Rembrandt

Banned
No, I did not mean it at as anything racist. I was just referencing how amazing the game is in that you simulate real things like a fire hose used against protesters which is something that occurs all across the planet by all kinds of police forces against all kinds of protesters. That is the only situation I know of where people use firehoses on humans.

now that you spoke on it. we can move on.

He could have dropped two relevant words that give the only real life known example of this gameplay element because they'll offend someone with their mere presence regardless of intent. I just don't think that's right. He's not being racist, he's not even being a shithead. He said 'you can do this in game like this thing done in real life to people.' Anyway I was more in response to stuff like this

and yo I physically laughed out loud at that edit.

Think about it. You're in a GTA thread, son.

my point is that when he said civil rights protesters, the first thing I think of are protesters in Birmingham. With what's going on in Ferguson and tempers running high (I mean, he even posted in those threads), he could have easily just said protesters or talked about spraying people and the overall intent of his post wouldn't have changed. Even GTA isn't going to say, "Go grab a firetruck and hose those people like civil right protesters!" because I'm sure they realize what kind of image that conjures in people's minds.

Jedi2016

With all of the collectibles, I really wish they had some in-game way of finding them without having to have my tablet open with maps and screenshots to tell me where parts/scraps/paintings/etc are. Even something as simple as a "somewhere in this area" circle like they do on some of the missions.

The garage/impound thing still pisses me off. I can maybe see it on cars that are stolen, but on stuff that I buy legitimately? Those should be perma-stored in the garages just like your character's standard car.. if you leave it somewhere or it's destroyed (which is inevitable), then it just reappears in the garage a short time later. The game can already do this, because it works with aircraft. I crash my choppers all the time, and they're always back at the helipad the next time I go there (Franklin's stolen choppers, not Trevor's story chopper).

Minor gripes in the grand scheme of things.. I've already put a shitton of hours into the game and I'm not even done with the story yet, much less all the side activities.

Top Bottom