• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Well if you can't find a SINGLE song in the game that you like then you have way too narrow of a taste in music. I certainly don't like it all but there are several great songs in there that I liked from the past.

And several songs I've come to like due to the game . . . who can not like the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP song?
KuGsj.gif
It is great during car chases.
L3LfElc.gif
i0jzzOjl3pEup.gif
iUgfm2UYfcyon.gif
Best song of the game imo :D

Well if you can't find a SINGLE song in the game that you like then you have way too narrow of a taste in music. I certainly don't like it all but there are several great songs in there that I liked from the past.

And several songs I've come to like due to the game . . . who can not like the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP song?
KuGsj.gif
It is great during car chases.
L3LfElc.gif
i0jzzOjl3pEup.gif
iUgfm2UYfcyon.gif

This song is the only thing wrong with the game. It's so fucking annoying to hear even just in passing when an NPC's radio is tuned into it.

Reule

What side missions are locked out once you complete the story, if any?
Michael's family side missions are missable if they aren't completed when they call you but they aren't counted towards the 100% completion. They do count as easy gold medals toward the 70 Gold Medals trophy/achievement though.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else. There's a random event that you can miss early on in the game. If you don't deliver four hitchhikers to the Altruist Cult and let them go, you'd miss an event but I think if you haven't come across them as Trevor yet you can still find them post-game.

Depending on what ending you choose, a lot could be missed I suppose.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I wish I could just tap R3 with a weapon equipped to enable "combat mode" because that would baically make the game more fluid. It honestly controls really well for the 5 or 6 seconds after you fire off a shot. Until it force-walks you back into clunkytown.

SJRB

Gold Member
I wish I could just tap R3 with a weapon equipped to enable "combat mode" because that would baically make the game more fluid. It honestly controls really well for the 5 or 6 seconds after you fire off a shot. Until it force-walks you back into clunkytown.

Michael looks so fucking badass in combat stance when holding a pistol. Total pro. A toggle would be a great idea.

I also love how all three characters have completely different stances.

GeNoMe

Credits are rolling as i'm typing, opted for a different ending this time (former PS3 player).
Man oh man, this game still amazes me from a technical standpoint. A true marvel, just when I think the details can't get any anymore...well detailed, the game amazes me time and time again. Yet again, I'm tipping my hat off to Rockstar. Bra-fucking-vo!

*edit* The trees also move around during the credit sequence _0_

Did they change the stock markets for the assassination missions? I just did the vice one and my fruit market only goes up to 25%max instead of 50% I've redone it for 3 hours and it won't break 25%.

Credits are rolling as i'm typing, opted for a different ending this time (former PS3 player).
Man oh man, this game still amazes me from a technical standpoint. A true marvel, just when I think the details can't get any anymore...well detailed, the game amazes me time and time again. Yet again, I'm tipping my hat off to Rockstar. Bra-fucking-vo!

*edit* The trees also move around during the credit sequence _0_

Just rebeat it myself... glad I waited for the patch before beating it to see the swaying trees.
Forgot how long the credits are.. jsus

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Finally beat the game for the first time. I (end game spoilers)
decided to kill Trevor. Feels like a bad decision. Completion-wise it is a bad idea because I don't have a save I can go back to and try to 100% the game with. Story-wise though I don't know... Maybe keeping everyone alive would have been a better choice.

decided to kill Trevor. Feels like a bad decision. Completion-wise it is a bad idea because I don't have a save I can go back to and try to 100% the game with. Story-wise though I don't know... Maybe keeping everyone alive would have been a better choice.
Oh, it most certainly is. I don't know why anyone would like the other two options. Go back to any earlier save if you can.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Oh, it most certainly is. I don't know why anyone would like the other two options. Go back to any earlier save if you can.

Going to try that, otherwise
I'll start fresh and do it all over again.

*edit*
Didn't make a single manual save throughout the game, lol. Guess I better get started.

antitrop

There is 1 ending and 2 slaps in the face.

I swear the city looks the best during when it's raining at night. The puddles and reflections adds to the immersion.

Rain has always felt incredibly rare for me in both the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game. I feel like I go almost 5 hours between storms and they don't feel as long as the ones in Red Dead or GTAIV :(

leng jai

Rain has always felt incredibly rare for me in both the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game. I feel like I go almost 5 hours between storms and they don't feel as long as the only in Red Dead or GTAIV. :(

Yeah, I was under the impression it only happens in the context of a story mission. Never happens to me when I'm just walking around.

Reule

Yeah, I was under the impression it only happens in the context of a story mission. Never happens to me when I'm just walking around.
Yeah, completed one of the earlier heists and it started raining. First or second time I've seen rain at all on the PS4 version. Sucks because it looks so good.

Floridian

Rain has always felt incredibly rare for me in both the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game. I feel like I go almost 5 hours between storms and they don't feel as long as the ones in Red Dead or GTAIV :(

I usually just use cheats during free roam to set the weather to rainy/thunder, but i wait until night to do it.

On top of that, the one in the Trevor trailer park mission looks much more menacing than the ones that happen randomly.

It's the single worst issue with the controls. It blows my mind that they continue to default to walking while your weapon is out. That's not even an amateur mistake, it's straight up bad game design.

I usually just use cheats during free roam to set the weather to rainy/thunder, but i wait until night to do it.

That's nowhere near as satisfying to me. The pre and post storm gradual changes add so much to the atmosphere. Jumping right to rain whenever I want to takes me out of the game's simulation. It's like picking a ToD in Infamous: Second Son or similar games as a substitute for a real day/night cycle. It just ain't the same.

Floridian

That's nowhere near as satisfying to me. The pre and post storm gradual changes add so much to the atmosphere. Jumping right to rain whenever I want to takes me out of the game's simulation. It's like picking a ToD in Infamous: Second Son or similar games as a substitute for a real day/night cycle. It just ain't the same.

I got tired of fucking los santos being sunny/clear all the time. There was only one time outside the scripted trevor mission where it actually rained for me, and now that I finished the game i prefer the night time rain to liven up the city lights. During the daytime, foggy/smog is my favorite weather condition though, whenever that does occur for me. For me when I play it, it takes a moment for the rain to come.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

did this my first playthrough. i instantly regretted it and also didn't have an old save. started the game again and went for option C. i think that is the proper ending. A and B just don't feel right.

neshcom

Banned
Really? Seems like my game rains all the time. It's pretty annoying to me...

I was just shooting the shit in the game last night and it started raining at night, not letting up for almost a complete day cycle. No missions or anything. Rain is rare, but damn if it ain't a pretty sight.

SJRB

Gold Member

I don't even understand why there are options.

Killing Trevor and especially Michael makes zero sense in the narrative aspect of the game, let alone that it completely cuts you off the character you killed making you abandom all his sidemissions. Such a bizarre design choice.

I'm not ashamed to admit I googled the outcomes and chose accordingly, first time playing.

Killing Trevor and especially Michael makes zero sense in the narrative aspect of the game, let alone that it completely cuts you off the character you killed making you abandom all his sidemissions. Such a bizarre design choice.

I'm not ashamed to admit I googled the outcomes and chose accordingly, first time playing.

Yep. I have no idea why there'd even be an option... Especially because two of those options make no sense and are terrible.

The first time I played it, I did not choose option C because I assumed that
It means that everybody would die and the game would go back to before that mission
, but obviously that doesn't happen.

reminder

I'm glad that i chose Option C when i played the game for the first time. No google or anything else beforehand, i just didn't want to
kill Trevor or Michael

I just thought the most logical choice was to be a badass and say fuck you. I'd never kill Trevor or Michael.
Interested to hear the differences in outcome. But i don't see why killing any of those two would be your choice.

saunderez

On my ps3 I was able to take a piss, make a sandwich and go to the shop to get a chocolate bar and it would still be loading

PS4 it would load up after a piss, massive improvement.

Yeah it's night and day really. Same with changing characters. It's almost instant on PS4, there was a much longer wait on the last gen versions.

Scoot2005

Banned
I may be late to the party on this but is it safe to assume the paramedics don't heal you when you call them? What a waste if true.

Really? Seems like my game rains all the time. It's pretty annoying to me...
Are you always sleeping around? :p

Game I think is only supposed to rain once (usually 3-6 hours) once every 1-2 weeks (in-game clock)... some guys on GTAF tried to model it last year.

But if you make a Booty Call, it always rains when you're done lol

Top Bottom