• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I swear the people at Rockstar have the worst taste in music. Not a single station has a song I like.

Mostly rap and hip-hop. Some pop and rock, one Hardcore station (which unfortunately isn't the kind of core I'm into).
At least Saints Row has enjoyable songs/

Wow, damn. I think that Rockstar is one company that consistently gets music right. Although I still wish you could make a "Best of" or they had a custom station that you could load your own tracks onto (on consoles)

If you flip through the radio stations in Los Angeles, you'll probably find a few hip hop stations. As you get out of town, some of those change into Blaine County stations. (not every station works on the whole island. Certain parts have stations drop out and others take their place. In the more urban environment, you find a few more hip hop stations than you do as you venture out. Which I think is a first for a GTA game to have radio stations that change in various parts of the landmass.)

I think it's just two stations that do that, WCTR -- the liberal NPR like station, and BLaine County Radio, the conservative talk radio station. Otherwise, all of the music stations are available wherever you go (I think). Unfortunately, the two talk radio stations are trash. Chakra Attack is easily GTA's worst talk radio show and it seems like it's *always* on. So, if you're in Los Santos, you get 3 lousy shows and they're just not good. Compared to GTA:SA which had 8 shows and all of them were pretty hilarious.

WCTR News: Hosted by Lianne Forget (Sharon Washington) with Richard Burns (Wil Wheaton), which features up-to-date news in the San Andreas state.
The Tight End Zone: Sports program hosted by Derrick Thackery (Peter Appel).
The Wild Traveler: Travel program hosted by James Pedeaston (Sam Tsoutsouvas).
Entertaining America: Entertainment program hosted by Billy Dexter (Peter Marx) and Lazlow, featuring various guests.
Gardening with Maurice: Gardening show hosted by Maurice (Andy Dick).
I Say/You Say: Political debate show hosted by husband-and-wife liberal-and-conservative team of Peyton Phillips (Paul Ames) and Mary Phillips (Jackie Hoffman).
Lonely Hearts: Relationship advice program hosted by Christy MacIntyre (Sara Moon).
Area 53: A Coast to Coast AM spoof hosted by Marvin Trill (Bob Sevra).

The only good talk radio show in GTA is Blaine COunty Community hour: http://gta.wikia.com/Blaine_County_Radio_Community_Hour

I just cleared my backlog enough to start playing this game on the ps4, and I have a few questions:
1: How do I know if my special edition content from the ps3 version carried over? Also, how do I know if i got the bonuses for playing the game on the ps3 before?
2: I thought we received in-game money for preordering this? Was there a cut-off date? I preordered digitally on the 17th when it came out on the 18th.
Thank you for the help.

When you transfer a character over, you will see a quick message saying that returning player & special edition content unlocked.

HOWEVER, the returning player content seems to be there but the special stuff from my collector's edition do not seem to be there (Atomic blimp, faster regen, garages for all 3 characters, etc.) I filed a ticket for it and they basically just say "play the game".

Floridian

I swear the people at Rockstar have the worst taste in music. Not a single station has a song I like.

Mostly rap and hip-hop. Some pop and rock, one Hardcore station (which unfortunately isn't the kind of core I'm into).

This seems more of a personal preference issue than their taste of what should be included in a LA setting.

Well if you can't find a SINGLE song in the game that you like then you have way too narrow of a taste in music. I certainly don't like it all but there are several great songs in there that I liked from the past.

And several songs I've come to like due to the game . . . who can not like the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP song?
KuGsj.gif
It is great during car chases.
L3LfElc.gif
i0jzzOjl3pEup.gif
iUgfm2UYfcyon.gif

They should patch in a Custom FM that mixes your music with news updates and fake ads.

Completely agree with this. I wish that you could have a custom station that drops in the news updates and fake ads, or even ads for other stations. It would help keep the music really fresh. They have a partnership with Spotify for GTA Social Club, so part of me was thinking they were going to be able to use that partnership in the game to bring new music into it... But, alas, that might be too ahead of its time.

SJRB

Gold Member
Completely agree with this. I wish that you could have a custom station that drops in the news updates and fake ads, or even ads for other stations. It would help keep the music really fresh. They have a partnership with Spotify for GTA Social Club, so part of me was thinking they were going to be able to use that partnership in the game to bring new music into it... But, alas, that might be too ahead of its time.

Never in a million years would record labels agree to that because "FUCK YOU GIVE ME MONEY".

OraleeWey

I'm pretty sure that jet doesn't spawn anymore. If you're lucky they will spawn the first time you are there before you are running around wondering where the hell all the jets are (I've had that happen. It finally spawned one but then it was too late. SO then I had to get back on and steal that plane. But it seems like it is slow to spawn the planes so you have to wonder around the area a bit to get htem to spawn. Or hope some one else was on there recently to get planes to spawn. But they never spawn in that hangar anymore).

They should always spawn. When it doesn't, it is a bug or something. Just leave the area and come back. It'll be there :)

OraleeWey

SJRB

Gold Member
Bad News by Danny Brown & Action Bronson is sick. The new tracks added to Radio Los Santos are gritty as fuck, I love it.

If you're playing on PS4 then you can put your preferred songs on a USB stick and play them from there with the in car radio switched off. They'll also play when you're on foot (which can be good) and during cutscenes (which is bad), but hold the PS button allows you to easily start and stop the music whenever you like. If you're on XBone then something similar is probably available.

If you're playing on PS4 then you can put your preferred songs on a USB stick and play them from there with the in car radio switched off. They'll also play when you're on foot (which can be good) and during cutscenes (which is bad), but hold the PS button allows you to easily start and stop the music whenever you like. If you're on XBone then something similar is probably available.
I do that, during cutscenes and running around I don't really want to hear it though :/
So just gets annoying having to constantly pause it.

Yeah I wish they had 1 classical station.

You know, diversity and all that.
Worldwide FM can be pretty awesome... I know it's not what you mean and a few of the songs could easily appear on either Radio Mirror Park (Harm in Change), The Lowdown (the Thom Browne one) or even FlyLo (Forest Funk)... but there's some pretty amazing ambient stuff. My wife absolutely loves The Hic's Cold Air, she makes me play it in the car now. And Mala's Ghost and Gaslamp Killer's Nissim? /immersed.... those two, HUD and Minimap Off, in a Dubsta or Super Diamond, slowly rolling around the Grand Senora Desert.... one of the best moments I've had in an open world game. Just perfect music and scenery.

AmyS

Did they fix the framerate issues driving in city traffic on the ps4? It seems a lot smoother to me now.

Not completely. It does feel a bit better, but that might be placebo also.

Feels more stable to me too.

I checked it real quick, driving is lot more fluid and smooth from initial tests!

This is good to hear.

I'll try to test things out tonight, as I haven't played any GTA V on PS4 since the latest update came out.

terrible

Banned
Yeah I wish they had 1 classical station.

You know, diversity and all that.
I can't believe they don't have one. I kind of wish they'd just have a custom station that played whatever was on your thumb drive (PS4) like you could do on PC with the older games. Instead I just drive around with all the music off or I just tune into the talk stations.

It look like the online servers are down, which unfortunately is affecting SP too as some friends of mine are also getting Error CE-34878-0 just from SP alone.

SJRB

Gold Member
Everytime I boot up the game my character automatically pulls out an assault rifle when loading is done, anyone else notice this?

Started happening after the latest patch.

Camisado

Everytime I boot up the game my character automatically pulls out an assault rifle when loading is done, anyone else notice this?

Started happening after the latest patch.

I noticed that when I loaded up from a quick save that had Franklin standing near enough a police station that the street had no less than 3 cops within close range.

He pulls out his rifle, I wasn't ready and that was that.

Also I had the crash twice last night, seemed to stop after a while though and I eventually was playing offline (to unlock the weirdly glitched solid gold trophy)

neoism

wow I have the fucked up face bug and just now loaded up online and it's given me a one time deal to change my look appearance :D R* <3

I was just messing around last night with the game and I ended up playing through the story again....first person really does make the game super immersive. It would be amazing if I could patch in my driving force gt wheeler play. I played the mission where Michael had to rescue his son on the boat. It was a small mission but so immersive. Even the little things like using the controller's speakers added so much to it.

Well if you can't find a SINGLE song in the game that you like then you have way too narrow of a taste in music. I certainly don't like it all but there are several great songs in there that I liked from the past.

And several songs I've come to like due to the game . . . who can not like the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP song?
KuGsj.gif
It is great during car chases.
L3LfElc.gif
i0jzzOjl3pEup.gif
iUgfm2UYfcyon.gif
every single time I turn off the game and come back to it the first cabbie I call will always be listening to this song

So I did the cigarette/juror assassination mission last night and immediately bought $400k of stock in the company afterward. How long should I keep the stocks before selling?

Love this game, btw. I felt like I was Tom Cruise in Collateral, lol.

Reule

Guess I didn't do The Good Husband optional mission. Someone told me it should've show up in Replay Missions if I completed it. I swear I didn't get a phone call. Not necessary but I just like doing everything. Sucks because this time I remembered to not kill
Packie
on accident. Oh well, I'll do another playthrough sometime where I don't forgot to do
Simeon's
random event either.

The Duke O'Death event is awesome but I think it freaked out a bit too much for me: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=919073548156815&l=2277874577685111071

Tonya also had it rough: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=919070944823742&l=2490374488146955330

I keep going back and forth with perspectives. Third person is still king but I do like driving in first person is easier to me.

Top Bottom