• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

biteren

no... but

and apparently the Trees move now..!!!!!!!!!!!!

but they said Heists would be available with the first current gen console update, they woulnt LIE would they?

EDIT: ok i saw a ign article saying why its gonna be a longer wait, i guess that explains it.

what does the acceleration slider do?

I still haven't completely figured it out. If I set it all the way to the left, then my camera moves really slowly...despite having my sensitivity on max, but if I set it all the way to the right it feels too fast. So I'm guessing setting it in the middle is the same as turning it 'off'.

Here's a screenshot of the new sliders in the controls menu:

15863003239_2402447f34_o.jpg

I noticed they also added a setting to turn off the auto-leveling camera. Finally.

Auto-leveling camera setting only affects on-foot controls, though, unfortunately. I tried moving my camera while on my bike and it auto-centered it straight away. Damn.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
moving trees!?

next gen has truly arrived.

honestly it didn't really bother me when i noticed (after seeing comments online) that they didn't move but when i loaded up my save and landed my helicopter...i kinda freaked out a bit when i saw the trees moving.

Ted

Can someone post patch notes? Thanks.

Check OP of GTA Online OT:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=935947&page=1

New Vehicles:

- Dewbauchee Massacro (Racecar) - Class:Sports
15862227300_fa9d007e59_o.jpg

Cost: $385,000
Mods: As per standard Massacro
Base Colour Change: Yes
Decal Change: No

- Dinka Jester (Racecar) - Class:Sports
15429847173_b1edc88ede_o.jpg

Cost: $350,000
Mods: As per standard Jester
Base Colour Change: Yes
Decal Change: No

- Vapid Slamvan - Class: Muscle
16023728046_83e206fa3a_o.jpg

Cost: $49,500
Mods: No body mods, standard engine and drive train mods (inc. suspension)
Base Colour Change: Primary & Secondary

- Bravado Rat-Truck - Class: Muscle
15862227240_6120a09a85_o.jpg

Cost: $37,500
Mods: Clean version of the Bravado Rat-Loader so the same.
Base Colour Change: TBC

New Weapons:

- Homing Launcher
Cost: $66,00
Ammo Cost: $1500 (x 2 rockets)
Max Ammo: 10
Mods: Colour options only

- Proximity Mines
Ammo Cost: $890 (with 11% commend discount applied)
Max Ammo: 5

New Tattoos

- Several new tattoos available.

New Clothing

- New clothing, hats and masks available (many are free of charge).

Additional control options:

- Acceleration slider (Third Person and First Person separate)
- Deadzone slider (Third Person and First Person separate)
- Auto Level First Person View

15862227340_b4caa9ffdd_c.jpg

Third Property:

- You can own three properties:

16048801172_a885a31edb_o.jpg

Fixes:

- Trees move again:

http://youtu.be/s4uJi7Rc8a4

- Turbos fixed (TBC)

You forget a thousand things every day, make sure swaying trees ISN'T one of them, Rockstar. At last, I can bask in the glory of those moving tree branches. The patch was a pleasant surprise upon booting the game. Playing about with the new deadzone options, it's good to have more control options in the settings. This game was what tipped me to impulsively purchase a PS4, and so far, it's been glorious. Had the PC version launched at the same time, I perhaps would have bought it on that and not bought a PS4, but honestly, I don't think my 2 670's will be up to the task of running it at near maximum anyway.

My only complaint about the game so far, is that the only interaction you can have with cats is to scare the shit out of them and get them inadvertently killed on the freeway. The very first Franklin mission, one of them got flattened by a truck after I had attempted to interact with him.

Anyone notice any difference with the new deadzone sliders? I can't.

Yeah, a huge difference. Set the dead-zone to the max, and then put slight pressure on your right stick until your reticule/camera moves, then do the same with it set to the minimum. You should notice that you need to move the stick significantly less for it to register in-game when you set it to minimum, resulting in more responsive controls.

GavinUK86

Yeah, a huge difference. Set the dead-zone to the max, and then put slight pressure on your right stick, then do the same with it set to the minimum. You should notice that you need to move the stick significantly less for it to register in-game when you set it to minimum, resulting in more responsive controls.

Move the bar to the far right or left?

levyjl1988

Banned
Fuck this game, they still didn't fix the skin complexion glitch that happens when you go to the barber shop and change your contact lens. It goes from smooth to fucking rough crater face. How long do I have to wait until this shit gets patched. Rockstar is really pissing me off in addressing bugs and glitches.

Move the bar to the far right or left?

You want to set it to the far left, which is zero. The less of a dead-zone, the less you need to move the stick for it to register in-game.

You can set it to whatever you want, of course. It doesn't have to be all the way to the left. I just prefer as little a dead-zone as possible.

GavinUK86

You want to set it to the far left, which is zero. The less of a dead-zone, the less you need to move the stick for it to register in-game.

You can set it to whatever you want, of course. It doesn't have to be all the way to the left. I just prefer as little a dead-zone as possible.

Ah I see. By default it's to the right so I thought that was the lowest by default. Maybe that's just my mind working backwards. I prefer the smallest deadzone possible too.

Deadzone zero. Acceleration max. Sensitivity to you own taste.

That helps a lot. Thanks for highlighting that tip NEOPARADIGM.

Raptor

Question, is there side activities that involve killing?

I really want to do some killing in sidemissions and main missions as more as possible, I like that, sure I enjoy other stuff like crashing planes and take for a ride some prostitutes but I do want shooting.

GavinUK86

I really want to do some killing in sidemissions and main missions as more as possible, I like that, sure I enjoy other stuff like crashing planes and take for a ride some prostitutes but I do want shooting.

I remember Trevor having the rampage missions where you just have to kill.

When did you get the new tag?

Lmao. You make me laugh, Raptor.

To answer your question - most missions involve killing swarms of people. And like Gavin said above, Trevor has 'Rampage' side-missions that are purely about killing fools.

Fuck this game, they still didn't fix the skin complexion glitch that happens when you go to the barber shop and change your contact lens. It goes from smooth to fucking rough crater face. How long do I have to wait until this shit gets patched. Rockstar is really pissing me off in addressing bugs and glitches.

Lol, I love that Rockstar is fixing a ton of substantial problems and people still love to completely dismiss them over tiny little trivial shit like this.

If anyone has recently applied for membership to the PS4 crew, and haven't gotten in, please PM me on the Social Club with your Gaf name. Got a bunch of requests pop up in the past day or two.

Thanks!

Lol, I love that Rockstar is fixing a ton of substantial problems and people still love to completely dismiss them over tiny little trivial shit like this.

They could patch everything right now, and people would still find pointless shit to whine about. People just love to whine. You should go take a look on the GTA V forums, it's whine-central there.

Raptor

I find it really fascinating how everyone seems to be doing somethign different on the streams I have been watching like some people are just chilling on apartments while others are cruising on their rides, I barely find shothings at all, thats wht I will be doing, killing everything on sight!

Oh and crashing planes and taking for a ride some prostitutes!!

GavinUK86

I find it really fascinating how everyone seems to be doing somethign different on the streams I have been watching like some people are just chilling on apartments while others are cruising on their rides, I barely find shothings at all, thats wht I will be doing, killing everything on sight!

Oh and crashing planes and taking for a ride some prostitutes!!

You hear about that game called Hatred by any chance? Seems right up your alley lol.

Raptor

You hear about that game called Hatred by any chance? Seems right up your alley lol.

Oh hell yeah I saw it but I bailed out of the thread after I said I founded it nothing wrong with it being a videogame and all lol.

Nah man, thats way too much even for me :p

SJRB

Gold Member
Now that the trees have been patched I can't stop looking at them sway in the wind, haha.

Also god bless them for fixing the deadzone, first person feels much less sluggish now.

leng jai

Great patch overall. Now my main problem with the game are the shitty sounding weapons. Hopefully someone will mod some better ones in for the Pc version (did that ever happen for GTA4?).

Top Bottom