• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Anybody planning to use a DS4? I kind of want to but the button prompts will reflect a Xbox controller correct? I tried it in AC Unity and it annoyed enough to go back to KB/M.
That's how it'll work if it only supports Xinput controllers.

I heard Unity had PS button prompts on PC.

Corpekata

Banned
Anybody planning to use a DS4? I kind of want to but the button prompts will reflect a Xbox controller correct? I tried it in AC Unity and it annoyed enough to go back to KB/M.

Weird, AC Unity actually has DS4 prompts. Pretty much all of Ubi's recent games do.

It'll show Xbox 360 ones if you're using an emulator service like DS4 Windows but if you skip that you can use it on a lot of games with the prompts.

Not to say it'll be the case here but seems like more and more big games are giving the option so might be.

Personally I just leave DS4Windows on because the prompts don't bother me enough to deal with the hassle of switching it on and off depending on the game. Would rather have it working universally.

Qassim

I guess as long as there are no official drivers from Sony...windows has no way of knowing it is a DS4

There are games that switch to PlayStation prompts upon detecting the DualShock 4. Without any extra drivers. Transistor being an example (there are some others iirc).

Button prompts not matching up with a controller doesn't really bother me. I can't remember the last time I actually had to look at a controller while playing, I just think of the buttons as sides. Although it's not a factor anymore as I use an Xbox One Controller now.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
What controller will you guys be using?

I have a 360 or DS4 ready to go. Which do you reckon?

Edit

Disregard. Did not see above posts.

Smokey

Weird, AC Unity actually has DS4 prompts. Pretty much all of Ubi's recent games do.

It'll show Xbox 360 ones if you're using an emulator service like DS4 Windows but if you skip that you can use it on a lot of games with the prompts.

Not to say it'll be the case here but seems like more and more big games are giving the option so might be.

Not to derail, but this is interesting. I was using DS4Windows. DS4 works even if you don't use a program? Plug and play?

If that's the case...maybe I'll try it with GTA..

Corpekata

Banned
Not to derail, but this is interesting. I was using DS4Windows. DS4 works even if you don't use a program? Plug and play?

If that's the case...maybe I'll try it with GTA..

Only on certain games, mainly some more modern ones. Ubi games and some indies (Mercenary Kings, Transistor) off the top of my head support it natively. Probably more out there.

Holy fnck. This might be the next best thing to happen, besides the PC version of course.

Ready to go.

Trying to decide between my ROG Swift for max game play + GSYNC , or 4k @ 60fps.

Smokey pls.

Should've saved that money for the Corvette lol.

Anyway, just finished downloading this... 5 hours with a 30mbps connection.

Now I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for the next 18 hours...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay, the thread title did it. Of all things, i laughed my ass off and just preordered. Preloading now. Will be first time through. It was PC or nothing for this game.

NinjaBoiX

Triple dip. PS3, PS4, and Steam version on my 970. Never played more than an hour of the first two versions, knowing this would eventually come. Give me 60 or give me death.
So you bought two copies of a game on two different systems knowing full well you were never really going to play either of them?

Man, some peeps really do have money to burn.

Unstable

Yeah it does. I think Black Flag did it as well. But that also meant that your touch pad became the select button functionally, which was kinda annoying to me.

Smokey

Not all the time, but a lot of recent games do support it.

Only on certain games, mainly some more modern ones. Ubi games and some indies (Mercenary Kings, Transistor) off the top of my head support it natively. Probably more out there.

Cool, thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Holy fnck. This might be the next best thing to happen, besides the PC version of course.

Smokey pls.

Should've saved that money for the Corvette lol.

wth lol

i have a monitor problem which results in choices. have a dell u3011 somewhere around here too :l

Jtrizzy

Anybody planning to use a DS4? I kind of want to but the button prompts will reflect a Xbox controller correct? I tried it in AC Unity and it annoyed me enough to go back to KB/M.

Lol you have a low threshold. I just played through Hardline and most of BF4 with a wireless 360 pad with keyboard and mouse prompts. And you pretty much have to have a kb/m handy to change loadouts etc.

How would one use this in game? It's amazing.
The PC version has the user radio, so it's just a matter of dropping the mp3 on the correct folder. In this specific case, you either just download from the link he provided and use that mp3, or you could use the .cue file to separate the tracks, so the game can insert commercials and DJ's for a more immersive experience.

Anybody planning to use a DS4? I kind of want to but the button prompts will reflect a Xbox controller correct? I tried it in AC Unity and it annoyed me enough to go back to KB/M.
best case scenario would be someone doing a mod to change the button prompts, if the game can be modded.

EDIT: sorta beaten, and yeah, totally forgot about Ubi and indie games that support the ds4. maybe GTAV could be one of those.

Smokey

Lol you have a low threshold. I just played through Hardline and most of BF4 with a wireless 360 pad with keyboard and mouse prompts. And you pretty much have to have a kb/m handy to change loadouts etc.

It's a little thing but it bugs me.

Jtrizzy

So you bought two copies of a game on two different systems knowing full well you were never really going to play either of them?

Man, some peeps really do have money to burn.

Yes and to make matters worse the PS4 version is digital, so I can't trade that one in.

wth lol

i have a monitor problem which results in choices. have a dell u3011 somewhere around here too :l

Damn. All I've got is a Samsung P2770HD and some 1080p LG IPS LED monitor that I got after haggling like a boss at my local Fry's.

All my extra money goes to car mods lol.

Anyway, here's hoping my FX-8320 and 1GB 7850 can max it out at 1080p60. I've had no problems at all with Max Payne 3 so hopefully it's gonna be the same experience.

These are awesome, his part one mix even has the Lazerhawk Overdrive song.

giphy.gif

I'm ready

Kvik

Yeah it does. I think Black Flag did it as well. But that also meant that your touch pad became the select button functionally, which was kinda annoying to me.

Add Far Cry 4 to the list.

Are you getting the Acer XB270HU, Smokey? That'll probably make your "problem" go away ;-)

Tizoc

So this'll be playable tomorrow for me, looking forward to someone hopefully providing a mod or whatever that unlocks all the map or any of that shit so I can forgoe the main story and just do random shit in the overworld.

Top Bottom