• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

So im playing story mode and when I buy a car it says it will be in my garage but I goto my garage at Micheals house and its empty?

Where do bought cars go in story mode?

Two things I'm wondering about. First where are all the cops. I hardly see any police activity in this GTA compared to GTA's in the past. Second it also seems impossible to "Kidnap" passengers in cars in GTA 5. Before when you jacked a car with a passenger there was a chance that the passenger would not be able to get out of the car before you were moving too fast now it looks like they always get "Free".

Kabouter

Two things I'm wondering about. First where are all the cops. I hardly see any police activity in this GTA compared to GTA's in the past. Second it also seems impossible to "Kidnap" passengers in cars in GTA 5. Before when you jacked a car with a passenger there was a chance that the passenger would not be able to get out of the car before you were moving too fast now it looks like they always get "Free".

Cops are not as present in terms of patrolling, definitely true, and honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with that. As far as the 'kidnap' thing goes, that still works for me. I've had that a number of times.

teokrazia

I've accidentally punched the zombie guy and he fell on the ground, dead, I suppose.
Ehr, is there a chance that he will 'respawn'? ^^

Cops are not as present in terms of patrolling, definitely true, and honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with that. As far as the 'kidnap' thing goes, that still works for me. I've had that a number of times.

I kidnapped a guy with his own motorcycle the the other day.

Enco

I've definitely noticed the lack of cops and it sucks.

I miss having to run away from them. They're pretty much non existent now.

The Cowboy

Is it possible for me to buy GTA V on Steam and move my folder where the Rockstar non steam version is installed to avoid having to download this all over again? I bought the non-steam version for $30 before it launched and my buddy wants to play but can't afford it so i figured i would just sell my social account w/ gta v on it for like $20 and just get the steam version since i wanted the steam achievements to begin with.

Just trying to figure out if i can avoid the dreaded billion GB download again.

Looking into this it seems there may be a way to do it if the game files are the same in the 2 versions.

Start the Steam download and then stop it/exit Steam, then put the completed R* version into the Steam game folder found in steamapps/common and overwrite everything downloaded by Steam - then start Steam and verify the game and if all goes well it should then just need to do the install part of the process to work.

This should hopefully work if all the Steam files are the same as the non Steam versions files, I'm not sure if they are so this has a chance to not work.

You guys need to hang out in the hood more if you think there's a lack of cops. Pretty much every time I'm near Franklin's aunt's house there are cops rolling around and I almost always follow them or help take out whoever they're chasing.

styl3s

Looking into this it seems there may be a way to do it if the game files are the same in the 2 versions.

Start the Steam download and then stop it/exit Steam, then put the completed R* version into the Steam game folder found in steamapps/common and overwrite everything downloaded by Steam - then start Steam and verify the game and if all goes well it should then just need to do the install part of the process to work.

This should hopefully work if all the Steam files are the same as the non Steam versions files, I'm not sure if they are so this has a chance to not work.
Gonna try that.

Really don't want to have to re download like 60gb, well technically it would be like 60gb on the already like 120gb since it decided to re-download itself twice on the rockstar installer :|

Denton

Recorded a short video of TOTAL RAMPAGE in the director mode, with exploding bullethell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGZVf0exDM

Shows CPU GPU utilisation and framerate. Recorded with afterburner so framerate took a hit.
I am impressed with how well this game uses CPU.
I tried setting it to PS3 like setting (not in this vid) with everything at normal, 720p, vsync OFF, and CPU utilisation was at 100% for all four sandy bridge 4ghz cores. Incredible.
It looked like PS3 version, too.

The Cowboy

Gonna try that.

Really don't want to have to re download like 60gb, well technically it would be like 60gb on the already like 120gb since it decided to re-download itself twice on the rockstar installer :|

Hopefully it works, when the files match Steam should accept them - when i did a reinstall of my OS and had all my games stored on my backup drive as soon as i reinstalled steam and dropped all the games back into the correct steamapps/common folder Steam auto found them all on the next start, i then just had to have them installed only (and not downloaded).

Salsa

Recorded a short video of TOTAL RAMPAGE in the director mode, with exploding bullethell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGZVf0exDM

Shows CPU GPU utilisation and framerate. Recorded with afterburner so framerate took a hit.
I am impressed with how well this game uses CPU.
I tried setting it to PS3 like setting (not in this vid) with everything at normal, 720p, vsync OFF, and CPU utilisation was at 100% for all four sandy bridge 4ghz cores. Incredible.
It looked like PS3 version, too.

pretty sure the PS3 version has worse textures than PC on Normal

maybe it's some other stuff blending in but I looked at the old console version not too long ago and it looked pretty bad

cHinzo

Holyshit this game is fun. Just did the first jewelry heist in singleplayer and it went pretty good. Does the time before the alarm goes off depend on the hacker u chose? I went with that shitter, Rick guy and he only gave us like 30 seconds. ;| Also went for the cheapest gunman, who instantly died before getting into the tunnels. I wonder if those scenarios change depending on who you've picked.

Also got to Trevor and damn, he's a maniac!

antitrop

Holyshit this game is fun. Just did the first jewelry heist in singleplayer and it went pretty good. Does the time before the alarm goes off depend on the hacker u chose? I went with that shitter, Rick guy and he only gave us like 30 seconds. ;| Also went for the cheapest gunman, who instantly died before getting into the tunnels. I wonder if those scenarios change depending on who you've picked.

Also got to Trevor and damn, he's a maniac!
Always choose the best men and women for the job. There aren't enough Heists in the game to make it worth training up newbies. It's kind of a half-baked concept, to be honest. It's cool that they even tried to put the planning phase in there at all, but it's underwhelmingly routine.

Going in "loud and dumb" with the best henchmen possible is pretty much the way to go.

cHinzo

Always choose the best men and women for the job. There aren't enough Heists in the game to make it worth training up newbies. It's kind of a half-baked concept, to be honest. It's cool that they even tried to put the planning phase in there at all, but it's underwhelmingly routine.

Going in "loud and dumb" with the best henchmen possible is pretty much the way to go.

Alright, guess I going cheap to make the most money out of it aint really the best approach. I like going stealthy though. What's the downside compared to going loud?

Man, Franklin is absolutely rolling in the dough thanks to those Lester missions. It's kind of silly how much money you can make from those. I guess I should exit out of those missions and buy stock with all three characters to maximise my earnings.

antitrop

Alright, guess I going cheap to make the most money out of it aint really the best approach. I like going stealthy though. What's the downside compared to going loud?
nothing, really. Shooting people is generally easier than sneaking around them, but that's really up to you.

I fully expect it's been mentioned already (probably in the performance thread) but setting GTAV.exe to run at "high" CPU priority fixes the majority of pop-in issues people might be having.

iNvid02

Anybody know the setting I have to turn to make it not group me with the people who use assist/controllers for shooting?
I think you alter the mode in story and then it automatically chooses it online too, it's somewhere in the options menu but needs to be set in single player

Salsa

oh wow at the game suddenly
turning into a straight up Max Payne 3 sequence. clothes. location. weather. bullet time. all of it

Quick question for all you owners of the PC version. Are the reflections in the mirrors on cars full reflections or the same false ones from the console version where you see a bad texture and no vehicles?

Quick question for all you owners of the PC version. Are the reflections in the mirrors on cars full reflections or the same false ones from the console version where you see a bad texture and no vehicles?

They're fairly blobby and messy. The lowest setting just has them as a flat texture I think.

And here I thought completing heists as a crew member counted for completion... Ugh. I do not look forward to redoing some of those setup missions/heists.

Fantasmo

I finished a race as Franklin and got first place. Unfortunately I didn't know the game wouldn't stop immediately, like all other racing games, and I smashed into a wall at 100mph and instantly died. Now I have to do it again. Lovely.

23qwerty

I finished a race as Franklin and got first place. Unfortunately I didn't know the game wouldn't stop immediately, like all other racing games, and I smashed into a wall at 100mph and instantly died. Now I have to do it again. Lovely.

open world racers don't usually stop the game when the race is over

antitrop

That's a shame. I mean I know it's only a small thing but it's also something that bothers me for some reason. Just going over the PS4 version again now and I was really hoping that would be replaced for the PC version.
Everything else about the game is so immersive, it makes the lack of properly reflecting rearview mirrors that much more jarring.

TheTurboFD

Anyone have a problem getting into a populated online game or connecting to anyone in general? I keep getting session timed out.

CHC

Thinking about not using the GPS and just navigating by heading toward the icons like in the old GTA games. It's definitely helpful but I miss getting lost and discovering new areas, sometimes the route is too efficient.

Everything else about the game is so immersive, it makes the lack of properly reflecting rearview mirrors that much more jarring.

Yeah that pretty much nails it. You can be busy just cruising around and taking in the sights, seeing what the locals are up to, and then you catch a glance of the mirror and it's like looking into a window of what this game would look like if it was made for the PS1. Hopefully in time modders will find a way to change that.

antitrop

Are strange/freak missions repeatable if you fail?

Yup. You have to wait a little while for them to show back up. Once you beat them, you can replay them from the mission select menu in the pause screen, as well.

Thinking about not using the GPS and just navigating by heading toward the icons like in the old GTA games. It's definitely helpful but I miss getting lost and discovering new areas, sometimes the route is too efficient.

It's very doable, if you keep pressing the 'Z' key to zoom out the minimap, for a second.

Uriah

Anyone else have a bug where missions aren't triggering? The only ones showing up on my map are the Lester assassination missions.

Top Bottom