• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Performance Thread

I assume higher population variety will increase the ped/vehicle variety? If so, I definitely want to max that one out.

I just played a tiny bit(just the Prologue) of the PS3 version this morning and despite the framerate, the graphics are still really impressive. I mean, it's got some technically weak aspects obviously, but the overall presentation is just superb from what little I've seen.

Very true. FPS and IQ are harsh, but it is still quite an achievement.

noomi

My plan is to see what I can do at 1080p for a mostly consistent 60fps, and then maybe see if I can dial things back a bit to hit 1440p/60fps with still reasonable settings.

3570k@4.2Ghz
MSI GTX970
8GB RAM
Windows 7

Still amazed at the number of options and settings.

This is my goal as well, hopefully can max everything out and keep a consistent 60fps at a 1080p resolution.

Is that game ready driver nessesary?

Not really, but usually you get better performance or SLI profiles that scale better with the game.

Nzyme32

nVidia drivers are mostly for Sli or the game in general? i mean, not like there's any downside in updating drivers, but i'm curious.

Both. There can be a performance boost from using game ready drivers, that are usually further improved in subsequent driver releases.

nVidia drivers are mostly for Sli or the game in general? i mean, not like there's any downside in updating drivers, but i'm curious.

Drivers will normally bring better performance and the SLI profile. Obviously not needed but everyone should get it once it is out.

ido

My plan is to see what I can do at 1080p for a mostly consistent 60fps, and then maybe see if I can dial things back a bit to hit 1440p/60fps with still reasonable settings.

3570k@4.2Ghz
MSI GTX970
8GB RAM
Windows 7

Still amazed at the number of options and settings.

That's almost my exact rig, except I have the EVGA FTW 970, and 16GB of RAM. Looks like we should be able to share settings and performance!

Audette

I'll be looking for benchmarks for the GTX 680 2gb...
Right after I bough it, next gen consoles were announced and Vram in GPUs when up up up >.<

supersaw

Here's hoping all these delays was actually time spent optimising the shit out of it and not just because of some skeleton crew left working on the pc port.

unrealist

I am using Razer 2014 edition with the GTX870m, I hope it will run just fine, I haven't been playing many PC games for a very long time since New Vegas!

What is the desktop equivalent of the GTX870m btw?

Do we know if there's a benchmark mode? I hate messing around with the settings during actual gameplay. It usually ruins the first half hour of the game for me, since I'm gonna be focused on performance so much.

I especially expect the (beginning of the game spoilers)
intro heist not to be representative of the real game since you're not in the city, and that countryside is probably less demanding. We'll probably have to mess with the settings again once the game *really* starts, and the first gameplay bit in the city is a high speed race, so it's gonna be annoying.

A good benchmark is always great to have. GTA IV's benchmark was terrible. It did not represent the games true performance well at all. You'd feel happy with performance after the benchmark and then find large areas in the game that would cut your framerate in half.

Will be testing this tomoz

i7 930 3.8ghz
GTX 970
6GB DDR3
Win 7 64bit

I'm very interested in your performance. I recently replaced my i7 930 build but that CPU was still going pretty strong after all those years.

Mitch

Banned
GTX 680 2GB
8GB RAM
i7 3770k 3.9ghz with Corsair H100i cooler

No idea how to properly OC my processor. Skimmed through a couple guides, but haven't completely grasped it just yet.

Will update once the game unlocks.

Saiyan-Rox

looking at the drivers for my AMD7950 and the site says there hasn't been a new driver since the 25/4/2014 i.m sure thats wrong :S

Has AMD stated anything about drivers anyway? Have to wait until next week before I get my GTX 980

bro1

Banned
i5 4670k @ 4.2
980 superclock
16 gigs of RAM
1080 p g sync monitor

I want to be able to max it out and have AA out the ass for this

i5 4460 @ 3.2ghz
Palit GTX970
12GB RAM
Win 8.1

I'm sure it'll run pretty well, hopefully I'll be able to get a consistent 60fps unlike in DAI but I'll overclock the GPU to achieve that if necessary.

supersaw

Hope there won't be any of this with social club tomorrow

egSHyJc.jpg

devonodev

I'm hoping for 1080p 60fps with fairly high settings, will post how I go.

GTX 770 4GB
i5-4670K 3.40GHz not yet overclocked (GTAV may change this)
8GB RAM

noomi

3770K @ 4.3GHZ
980 GTX 4GB in SLI
32GB DDR3 1600 RAM

According to the specs I should have no issue maxing everything out. Not really trying to anything higher than a 1080p res, but would very much want to max out and run TXAA :D

I suppose I'll find out soon enough how this runs but speculating is just too much fun. How reliable are the benchmark scores at Passmark.com? Their ratings seem suspiciously favourable for my laptop, CPU placing near the recommended i5 and even GPU surpassing the minimum required.
Code:
CPU single thread performance
Core i5-3470@3.20GHz	1,904
Core i7-2720QM@2.20GHz	1,446
Core2 QuadQ6600@2.40GHz	922

CPU Mark Rating
Core i5-3470@3.20GHz	6,562
Core i7-2720QM@2.20GHz	6,190
Core2 QuadQ6600@2.40GHz	2,993

G3D Mark Rating
GeForce GTX 660	4,118
Quadro 2000M	1,063
GeForce 9800 GT	727

Dinjoralo

Hope there won't be any of this with social club tomorrow

egSHyJc.jpg

The RSC launcher could barely handle the preloads. I'm willing to bet Online will be down on launch hour at the least.

I probably won't be able to completely max the game out with by GTX 970 and slightly OC'd i5-3570k, but I can let go of things like reflection AA.

jaju123

Banned
The RSC launcher could barely handle the preloads. I'm willing to bet Online will be down on launch hour at the least.

I probably won't be able to completely max the game out with by GTX 970 and slightly OC'd i5-3570k, but I can let go of things like reflection AA.

I'm quite concerned with the load for the day 1 patch, which isn't even out yet. Likely to be how the game is unlocked and is apparently around 50mb. Everyone will have to download that at the same time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We can still play the story/single player portion no matter what, right? I'm not really interested in GTA Online.

Those who pre-loaded with Social Club will probably be safe, but Steam users will have to cross their fingers and toes that the activation server holds up.

Shari

IF, and that's a big IF, they make it work before the weekend i'll be happy.

Its world release and I don't if any of my fellow gaffers went through the PAIN of GTA Online release week in old gen... That was hell.

I would accept being able to only access the singleplayer.

I'm quite concerned with the load for the day 1 patch, which isn't even out yet. Likely to be how the game is unlocked and is apparently around 50mb. Everyone will have to download that at the same time.

Source for this please? First time I read about it.

If true, god help us.

Tovarisc

Your CPU is above minimum but below recommended. It should be playable but probably not spectacular.

Reason why I'm not jumping into GTAV on day 1. I don't have big hype for it and don't want risk that my CPU can't handle it. Safest play is to wait reports from people with CPUs close to mine.

Inukage

Will be testing the following on 4k,
i7 5930k OC @ 4.0GHz
16GB RAM DDR4 1600MHz
SLI 980 GTX

Posting results tomorrow.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Is that game ready driver nessesary?

I recommend installing it. Lots of goodness included.

With regards to the Guide, there won't be one at launch, I'm sad to say. Will be working double time to release it this week before the big spike of players this weekend. GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Settings will be available at launch, however, and I recommend using them as a starting point for your configs given the vast number of options and detail levels.

With regards to the Guide, there won't be one at launch, I'm sad to say. Will be working double time to release it this week before the big spike of players this weekend. GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Settings will be available at launch, however, and I recommend using them as a starting point for your configs given the vast number of options and detail levels.

Nice. :)

The Hype is real, andy any sneak peak on what settings we 970 users should be using ?

Top Bottom