• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Performance Thread

jaju123

Banned
IF, and that's a big IF, they make it work before the weekend i'll be happy.

Its world release and I don't if any of my fellow gaffers went through the PAIN of GTA Online release week in old gen... That was hell.

I would accept being able to only access the singleplayer.

Source for this please? First time I read about it.

If true, god help us.

http://au.ibtimes.com/gta-v-pc-day-...rement-7-disc-package-exclusive-radio-station

It may have been included as a second part of the preload, I'm not sure though.

Mitch

Banned
I recommend installing it. Lots of goodness included.

With regards to the Guide, there won't be one at launch, I'm sad to say. Will be working double time to release it this week before the big spike of players this weekend. GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Settings will be available at launch, however, and I recommend using them as a starting point for your configs given the vast number of options and detail levels.
Appreciate the heads up.

I typically go with the optimal playable settings on most of my games. Never fails.

Valkrai

I'll be testing out the game with these specs.

i5 3570k
GTX 760 2GB
8GB RAM

I'll also be taking tons of screencaps for the PC screenshot thread. This'll be so glorious.

OmegaX06

Is AMD getting drivers for this? Or should I just upgrade to the latest beta? I'll be using crossfire 6970s so it's kind of important that this works properly. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Crossfire support has been terrible and I've regretted buying two cards for years.

With regards to the Guide, there won't be one at launch, I'm sad to say. Will be working double time to release it this week before the big spike of players this weekend. GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Settings will be available at launch, however, and I recommend using them as a starting point for your configs given the vast number of options and detail levels.

Here's a random question that is important to me, does it impact Elite: Dangerous in anyway? I didn't upgrade to the last driver because there were issues it caused with that game but I'm running SLI 970s so I'll need this one for GTA V.

jaju123

Banned

Can you mention at all the quality of the port/initial performance reports if you have access yet?

Corpekata

Banned
Err the new drivers appear to have given me Gysnc on my desktop. Either that or they broke my monitor light. This could be pretty huge.

supersaw

Err the new drivers appear to have given me Gysnc on my desktop. Either that or they broke my monitor light. This could be pretty huge.

347.88 - WHQL or is there something newer been running this on an ASUS rog gsync without problems for a while. This came out when the titan-x did i think.

Corpekata

Banned
347.88 - WHQL or is there something newer been running this on an ASUS rog gsync without problems for a while. This came out when the titan-x did i think.

The ones posted on the last page for this game. There was no notes beyond it being GTA V ready. 350 something.

AlanOC91

Please let me be able to play smoothly with my 4k monitor :(

AMD FX 8350 OC'd to 4.8ghz
AMD R9 290 CrossFire
16 GB Ram
Windows 7

noomi

Someone had mentioned a day 1 patch a few days ago, does anyone have any info on this?

I might be mistaken but I heard it was around 55MB?

I'm interested to see how this game performs on older systems.

My current pc:
i5 750@stock
HD 7970 ghz
8GB RAM

I'm waiting until I build a new pc before I get this game because I'm almost certain my pc won't allow me to play at acceptable settings at 1080p.
I would build now but I'm waiting on Skylake and the new AMD gpus.

Corpekata

Banned
Oh I see. Kinda afraid to try now. Have you tried rolling back?

I don't want to. Gsync on desktop is a good thing. It means borderless windowed games can now use Gsync. I was asking for confirmation because I wasn't sure if it's actually real or the driver just borked my monitor light into THINKING it was on.

MaLDo

I can never get it to work with DX11 titles, but I assume the presence of a "DirectX Version" option means DX9 is supported.

You can inject SMAA in DX8, DX9, DX10, DX11 and OpenGL games.

Most compatible package atm is Reshade 0.17.1 + SweetFX 2.0

EDIT: Ok, late ;)

forms

I am getting my fiber connection activated tomorrow, how appropriate considering the size of the download. Will be interesting to see this on my cranked up 2.7 gone 3.9 machine, running it on a 970.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
The Hype is real, andy any sneak peak on what settings we 970 users should be using ?

Can you mention at all the quality of the port/initial performance reports if you have access yet?

I am unable to hint, say, or suggest anything at this time.

Here's a random question that is important to me, does it impact Elite: Dangerous in anyway? I didn't upgrade to the last driver because there were issues it caused with that game but I'm running SLI 970s so I'll need this one for GTA V.

I am unaware of Elite issues on 347.88, or any changes to the game's performance in the new driver. Do you have a link to details?

A 780Ti (which I have) or a 970 should destroy this game at 1080p completely apart from MAYBE having max view distance/highest AA. It will mostly be VRAM limited.

I'm not too worried about how it's optimized.

Hope there won't be any of this with social club tomorrow

egSHyJc.jpg

You can count on it. Rockstar's servers have buckled under each launch of this game.

supersaw

I don't want to. Gsync on desktop is a good thing. It means borderless windowed games can now use Gsync. I was asking for confirmation because I wasn't sure if it's actually real or the driver just borked my monitor light into THINKING it was on.

Hmm ok yea i tend to run ULMB in desktop and g-sync for games but I can see the benefits of not having to switch. Thought you had strobing or some weird artifact happening good to hear there's none of that.

noomi

Might seem like a silly question, but does anyone what the tag is to make text red? I want to fix up the OP a little bit :)

shandy706

The fact that the minimum is listed as:

AMD Phenom 9850

and

NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB

...is incredible, lol. They must have polished this thing into a mirror.

supersaw

It's gonna be a fucking long day at work tomorrow, at least I can check here periodically to read conflicting performance reports :p

A 780Ti (which I have) or a 970 should destroy this game at 1080p completely apart from MAYBE having max view distance/highest AA. It will mostly be VRAM limited.

I'm not too worried about how it's optimized.

And the good thing for me is that I don't always play games at 1920 x 1080 resolution (yes I am weird lol). So I might get a little more performance grunt with certain settings on the highest graphical setting when playing on 1152 x 768 resolution.

People don't understand why I downgrade the resolution it's just old habits - I find that resolution is fine for my 22" monitor - it's basically identical to the 1080 resolution aside from some menus being noticeably smaller text wise when on 1080 compared to 1152 x 768.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can inject SMAA in DX8, DX9, DX10, DX11 and OpenGL games.

Most compatible package atm is Reshade 0.17.1 + SweetFX 2.0

EDIT: Ok, late ;)

Yeah, I know, that's why I was sure to specify that I've had no luck with DX11 titles, as opposed to saying something to the effect of "SMAA injectors don't work with DX11 games." I usually loathe FXAA but actually didn't mind Unity's implementation.

And the good thing for me is that I don't always play games at 1920 x 1080 resolution (yes I am weird lol). So I might get a little more performance grunt with certain settings on the highest graphical setting when playing on 1152 x 768 resolution.

People don't understand why I downgrade the resolution it's just old habits - I find that resolution is fine for my 22" monitor - it's basically identical to the 1080 resolution aside from some menus being noticeably smaller text wise when on 1080 compared to 1152 x 768.

It's fine if you like it but 1080p is over double the pixels of 1152x768. Something like 900,000 compared to over 2 million pixels for 1080p. Quite a bit of detail lost overall. Not really for me.

Although I will probably not try for 120fps on my PC and just stick with 60 so I can get a better visual fidelity.

FLAguy954

Just a little heads up regarding AMD driver numbers to make it easy for you guys to know the dates.

The numbers in the name hint to the year and month of release, so 14.12 means December 2014. where as beta 15.3 means March 2015

Wow, I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday :).

Xyber

Btw Andy. Do you guys have any plans on letting us use 130Mbps bitrate for Shadowplay at 1080p and 1440p and not just 4K? I don't see why 1080p needs to be limited when it can clearly handle it.

I would really like to have higher bitrates available since that would make it better when editing two or more clips together and then have to render it again.

Right now I basically only use shadowplay to make short webm's, but would like to use it more for normal recordings as well.

MaLDo

Yeah, I know, that's why I was sure to specify that I've had no luck with DX11 titles, as opposed to saying something to the effect of "SMAA injectors don't work with DX11 games." I usually loathe FXAA but actually didn't mind Unity's implementation.

Yeah, I know, that's why I pointed out that specific version that includes an Automatic Setup that detects what DX or OGL version the selected game needs and rename the files. You will be happy ;)

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Btw Andy. Do you guys have any plans on letting us use 130Mbps bitrate for Shadowplay at 1080p and 1440p and not just 4K? I don't see why 1080p needs to be limited when it can clearly handle it.

I would really like to have higher bitrates available since that would make it better when editing two or more clips together and then have to render it again.

Right now I basically only use shadowplay to make short webm's, but would like to use it more for normal recordings as well.

Just set ShadowPlay to 4k and 130Mbps, if you run a game in 1080p or 1440p it will record up to 130Mbps, depending on scene complexity, I get 90-120 Mbps in Hardline in 1440p.

I also edited the reg value to change the shadow time to 30 sec.

It's fine if you like it but 1080p is over double the pixels of 1152x768. Something like 900,000 compared to over 2 million pixels for 1080p. Quite a bit of detail lost overall. Not really for me.

Although I will probably not try for 120fps on my PC and just stick with 60 so I can get a better visual fidelity.

My use of 1152 x 768 was prior to having the 780 Ti - I would sneakily get a few extra fps in games (GTX 460 back in the day lol) sacrificing the resolution. I've still used it in a few games since then and have not seen too much difference in the graphics when switching resolutions.

I'll be testing both and seeing what works best for me performance wise (I presume I'll be fine with my setup).

supersaw

Installed those drivers also getting g-sync on desktop.

Top Bottom