• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Performance Thread

kharma45

looking at the drivers for my AMD7950 and the site says there hasn't been a new driver since the 25/4/2014 i.m sure thats wrong :S

Has AMD stated anything about drivers anyway? Have to wait until next week before I get my GTX 980

There has been, the Omega driver is the latest stable one for your card.

Should I overclock my i5-2500k? What are some good guides on how to do that if so?

You should have done that four years ago. How you do it depends on your motherboard, so try to find your manual. Some come with software where you can set the multiplier directly in windows, others you have to go into bios.

As a baseline you want to try to set the multiplier at 45. If it's stable you go up, if you crash you go down until you find some number that works. A 2500k should be able to do over 40 with no additional tweaking. To get the max performance, you need to mess with voltages and such, but as a general thing you can get a lot better performance simply by editing the multiplier and leaving everything else in place.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anybody else here install the 350.12s and find that the main installer complained about not being able to find the PhysX installer? I clicked "Cancel" since, sure enough, there is no PhysX installer (it seems there are just unpacked files instead), but the report at the end of the overall installation process said that PhysX installed successfully, so I'm curious as to whether the main installer was looking for PhysX installer erroneously or it just thinks PhysX installed successfully.

Appreciate the heads up.

I typically go with the optimal playable settings on most of my games. Never fails.

Be sure and give it a good look to see what it's changing your settings to. GE is now recommending I run some games at very low settings @ 1080p, even though I have sli'd 980's and a 4k gsync monitor.

theeraser

You should have done that four years ago. How you do it depends on your motherboard, so try to find your manual. Some come with software where you can set the multiplier directly in windows, others you have to go into bios.

As a baseline you want to try to set the multiplier at 45. If it's stable you go up, if you crash you go down until you find some number that works. A 2500k should be able to do over 40 with no additional tweaking. To get the max performance, you need to mess with voltages and such, but as a general thing you can get a lot better performance simply by editing the multiplier and leaving everything else in place.
To what extent would something like that affect the power draw of the CPU? (adjusting the multiplier, not the voltage)

kharma45

Yeah I have it installed already just wondering why the site is saying that's the latest one ATM

Says December (US date format) when I check it, don't know where you're getting April from

o1zxyC0.png

Saiyan-Rox

Says December (US date format) when I check it, don't know where you're getting April from

o1zxyC0.png

Omega drivers weren't appearing for me...huh I'm using my phone atm. Ah well doesn't matter much I've got the emega ones installed anyway just didn't appear for me when I checked this time.

That's a thing if you have the monitors.

Andy, if you have any say in it, please push someone to enable Mixed mode surround on nVIDIA GPUs, want to move to the green side and thats the last thing holding me back, need to match 2*16:10 screens with 1*21:9 screen.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I wonder how my ol rig will hold up.

i7 920 - oc'd to 3.6ghz
16gb - Ram
3gb Sapphire 7950 OC

Should do OK I think. CPU is my biggest issue. Was thinking of building a whole new PC for The Witcher 3 and other stuff coming out soon, but I want to try and hold out till end of this year or early next.

ref

I'll be posting my results with my setup later:

980 SLI
4790k @ 4.7
16GBs of RAM
ROG Swift 1440p, 144hz.

I think I'd rather max the game completely and get a solid 60 vs lower a few and get 80-90. It depends on how much difference there is between a few settings being lowered though.

I can't wait to tinker with this game.

Xyber

I'll be posting my results with my setup later:

980 SLI
4790k @ 4.7
16GBs of RAM
ROG Swift 1440p, 144hz.

I think I'd rather max the game completely and get a solid 60 vs lower a few and get 80-90. It depends on how much difference there is between a few settings being lowered though.

I can't wait to tinker with this game.

You will probably be more than fine with that setup when they managed to get 60fps at 4K with very high settings. As long as you don't plan to max out MSAA you shouldn't really have any problems at 1440p going by the info we have right now at least.

Denzar

C'mon average as fuck hardware! Make me proud!

i7 3770 @ 3.4 GHz
GTX 660
10 GB RAM
Standard ass HP 1080 Monitor

Saiyan-Rox

Out of curiosity what you guys think I'd get with this on my rig?

i5 3370k (over clocked to 4.2Ghz)
12GB RAM
AMD 7950

And then the same with a 980 instead.

Smokey

i7 4930k @ 4.5ghz
2x GTX Titan X
16GB RAM
Samsung EVO SSD
ROG Swift Monitor (144hz, 2560x1440, Gsync)
Samsung 4k Monitor

Ready to eat the game up. Going to go for max settings on the ROG Swift first since that is what I currently have hooked up. Will follow up with the 4k moniotor before night is over.

W-w-wait.

I-it's up tonight where I live?

BRB. Trying to free up my night. I got a test tomorrow but I don't care, I'll finish studying on my way to today's class.

Edit: Since we're playing the post-your-specs game:

i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz
GTX 780 @ 1150MHz
16GB RAM
My 2012 Retina MacBook Pro's SSD (it's not like it's using one anymore)
Dell P2214H 1080p

I'm aiming for mostly everything on as high as I can, toning down stuff until I get 60fps.

Spaghetti

ugh, started getting blue screening after the latest nvidia drivers.

running windows 8.1, getting a system service exception.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I will try to post later tonight how the game performs in Single Player on a 2500K 4.6GHz, 16GB RAM 1600MHz, GTX 680 2GB, and SSD.

Relique

So I've sold my PS3 copy of GTA V a while back hoping to pick up a PS4 copy when it comes down in price some. Online Heists really bolstered the sales for this and even used PS4 copies are still going for almost $50. I don't see this coming down much anytime soon.

My computer has been having major issues with reliability so I finally swapped out some of my ancient parts. I am now considering picking up the PC version but was wondering if it will run well at all. I am barely reaching some of the minimum requirements while doing well on the others. Biggest issue is that I am on Windows 10 Technical Preview so I'm worried it won't work at all.

Other specs:
-4790k stock at 4.00Ghz
-Budget Asrock Z97 Pro4 board
-280X slight overclock to 1160
-Only 8GB RAM
-Ancient slow hard drive.

I only have a 1080p monitor so I am not looking for any crazy settings. Just worried about framerate and Windows 10 compatibility.

martino

Ok so this is in fact GTA V PC expectation performance thread
Where is the GTA V PC performance thread report ? (i known a bit early for that but 4 pages of config list/expectation...what's the point ?)

LCGeek

formerly sane
i7 4930k @ 4.5ghz
2x GTX Titan X
16GB RAM
Samsung EVO SSD
ROG Swift Monitor (144hz, 2560x1440, Gsync)
Samsung 4k Monitor

Ready to eat the game up. Going to go for max settings on the ROG Swift first since that is what I currently have hooked up. Will follow up with the 4k moniotor before night is over.

Let us know how gysnc or ulmb is. Been thinking about that monitor if it can perform in a game like this at 60fps.

Where is the GTA V PC performance thread report ?

Peformance related once game is out sure pics, videos, and impressions will follow

Corpekata

Banned
Where is the GTA V PC performance thread report ? (i known a bit early for that but 4 pages of config list/expectation...what's the point ?)

Why the hell do you care? You're not going to get many details until the game launches so go into the thread when the game has launched if it bothers you that much.

noomi

I will keep updating the thread over the next few days, expect to see benchmarks, plenty of pics, and tips/tweaks as well :)

For now we are just getting ready making sure everyone has the latest drivers/patches and info before starting to report, it's coming tonight, sit tight.

Akronis

i7-4930K at 4.4GHz
2 x GTX 980s
32GB 2133 RAM
VG248QE G-SYNC (1080p, 144hz)

I won't be posting because I'll be too busy playing >_>

bubu

Don't know if this counts but when installing the game with the rockstar social club launcher CPU usage is around 33%, when you minimize the installer it drops to 2-3%. Just a headsup for anybody who is still installing the game like me.

shandy706

I wonder how my ol rig will hold up.

i7 920 - oc'd to 3.6ghz
16gb - Ram
3gb Sapphire 7950 OC

Should do OK I think. CPU is my biggest issue. Was thinking of building a whole new PC for The Witcher 3 and other stuff coming out soon, but I want to try and hold out till end of this year or early next.

Running the i7 920 and a GTX 980.

I'm not even worried about my CPU.

I'm convinced the 920/30 is going to last forever. lol

Seanspeed

Banned
Best to have this now so the OT isn't filled with tons of spec and performance talk, I think.

Top Bottom