• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V redux (pc mod) is out now and I said wow!

Rudiano

Banned
All these stupid mods from GTA 4 and now GTA 5 ruin the colours. They look very washed out and not realistic at all

Just tried it, it's a total sham, VisualV + Reshade/ENB of your preference looks leagues better and it's been out for years at this point.

I do like the handling tweaks he made however, but there are other mods for that too (wouldn't surprise me if he lifted them from someone else either..)

It's a shame this thing is catching so much attention when it's just an amalgamation of others better work. I even saw PC gamer running an article for this thing, he knows how to sell it that's for sure, but it's really nothing special, hope the other creators get justice once again, I can't see this mod not getting removed just like his previous attempts at theft.

GTA5 loaded up with actual great mods is phenomenal though, it's a completely different game.

TheRed

The sky looks really bad?

I want to get the gameplay enhancements from it because that's what I didn't like about GTA V, the visuals were and still are pretty amazing.

The sky looks really bad?

I want to get the gameplay enhancements from it because that's what I didn't like about GTA V, the visuals were and still are pretty amazing.
Police and physics enhancements have been available for a long time as their own mods. This mod is pretty much just an at least partly plagiarized compilation of other work.

poodaddy

Anyone with an i7 3820 at stock clock and a 980 ti or a comparable rig wanna comment on performance? I'm looking at the screens goin gimme gimme but only if I still get mostly 60 as my cpu already causes me enough drops as is on vanilla.
EDIT: Nevermind not interested, reading more of the thread now and I didn't realize he was a thief. Scrubs get no love from me :)

GTA V is already stunning as is and i dont understand why modders go to such great lengths to push something that good even further

cant say this is too impressive, if anything it makes things too sharp.. which makes things less realistic

i wish modders would focus on mechanics and stuff that actually makes a difference

Maz

I have not moded a single thing in my life before, all I am looking for is a graphic mod. Should I install this if all I want is a graphic mod?

I have not moded a single thing in my life before, all I am looking for is a graphic mod. Should I install this if all I want is a graphic mod?
Install VisualV instead.

GTA V is already stunning as is and i dont understand why modders go to such great lengths to push something that good even further

cant say this is too impressive, if anything it makes things too sharp.. which makes things less realistic

i wish modders would focus on mechanics and stuff that actually makes a difference
Bit of a blanket statement. There's plenty of mods that do a good job with gameplay. Check out Vehicle Handling V, Realism Dispatch Enhanced, World of Variety and NaturalMotion Euphoria.

AndyVirus

I don't agree with all their choices (e.g. real ads) but I'm a big fan of that kind of trailer. Rockstar have done it for a few games, and the Metro Redux one essentially convinced me to buy the game.

antitrop

GTA V is one of the most beautiful games ever made and this makes it look... less beautiful. More realistic doesn't mean better.

The series has typically had a very vibrant aesthetic (GTA IV withstanding) and this mod just does everything in its power to make it more dull.

leng jai

GTAV's colour palette is a bit washed out IMO, and looks very much the same throughout. All the reshade mods don't make it any better though.

Yarbskoo

It looks interesting, but it would probably trash my already unstable framerates.

I think I'll just stick with my old mods.
6Gac.png
7Gac.png
8Gac.png
9Gac.png

leng jai

I'd say this is the best one released so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t_0iVC0KEQ

The automatic guns still sound like crap though, because of how difficult it is to mod them.
That's what's keeping me from releasing my own sounds, I can't wrap my head around Rockstars stupid sound system

I'm having trouble getting this to work, haven't used mods with GTAV before. I use OpenIV and overwrite all the files like the read me says. When I launch the game it updates itself and then the game sounds exactly the same. It must be updating itself and overwriting files back to the originals. I'm clearly missing something.

GTAV's colour palette is a bit washed out IMO, and looks very much the same throughout. All the reshade mods don't make it any better though.

They can't generally.

Reshade is pretty much working off the final image, so whatever contrast or anything can't be improved upon except artificially with tonemappers or other stuff that really will just mostly sap out the colour.

There are ways to put colour "back in" but that in itself is a post-processing too that really isn't so great or accurate and won't work great in all colour situations either.
It looks interesting, but it would probably trash my already unstable framerates.

I think I'll just stick with my old mods.
6Gac.png
7Gac.png
8Gac.png
9Gac.png

That looks nice.

We are getting a GTA SA in GTA V? Right? I hope.

To be honest, who cares? I don't get this modding community drama. Perhaps if the original creators had made the effort to make an easy to install collaborative mod-package and marketed it with a trailer on youtube like this guy did, then this wouldn't have happened.
People who don't like seeing their work ripped off, maybe? What an ignorant thing to say.

Also, the mod in question does come with an easy to install package. Same format as Redux, obviously. So way to show off your ignorance.

gai_shain

To be honest, who cares? I don't get this modding community drama. Perhaps if the original creators had made the effort to make an easy to install collaborative mod-package and marketed it with a trailer on youtube like this guy did, then this wouldn't have happened.

Hopefully this is not a serious question

AHindD

Errr. I'd say the mod creators who spent hundreds of hours creating content only to have it ripped off with no consultation / credit?
Or the people who like to support ethical mod development?

I'm having trouble getting this to work, haven't used mods with GTAV before. I use OpenIV and overwrite all the files like the read me says. When I launch the game it updates itself and then the game sounds exactly the same. It must be updating itself and overwriting files back to the originals. I'm clearly missing something.

Do you have the ASI loader and the plugin installed?

29761504865_ebdb09816d_b.jpg

Also you shouldn't be replacing the original files, put everything in a folder called "mods" in the main folder

Do you have the ASI loader and the plugin installed?

29761504865_ebdb09816d_b.jpg

Also you shouldn't be replacing the original files, put everything in a folder called "mods" in the main folder

He failed to mention the asi stuff in the readme so I installed and it didn't give me an option of where to install. Now I can't launch the game.

His instructions also say install into "Game folder", so....

So let me get this straight... because the guy whipped up a fancy trailer and a all-in-one installer it's okay for him to take all the credit for the people who are truly responsible for over a year of hard work...What kind of fucked up logic is that?

It would be different if he at least credited the other creators, instead you have Kotaku articles named "Gorgeous New GTA V Mod Is The Work of One Person" as if he's some messiah tier modder.

He failed to mention the asi stuff in the readme so I installed and it didn't give me an option of where to install. Now I can't launch the game.

His instructions also say install into "Game folder", so....

I would recommend deleting the files you modded, then redownload them through Steam.
After that never replace the original files, use the mods folder so when things go wrong you can just delete stuff from that folder without screwing up your installation.
And watch some tutorials on youtube how to mod GTA V if you're unsure about anything

I would recommend deleting the files you modded, then redownload them through Steam.
After that never replace the original files, use the mods folder so when things go wrong you can just delete stuff from that folder without screwing up your installation.
And watch some tutorials on youtube how to mod GTA V if you're unsure about anything

Thanks, I'm trying that now! I appreciate it.

No words on performance yet? I am wondering about what GTX 970 does with that.

I'll let you know if I can get it running.

MuchoMalo

Banned
I think that I prefer the original's lightly stylized look over hyper-realisim ans saturation tbh. Really impressive though.

So let me get this straight... because the guy whipped up a fancy trailer and a all-in-one installer it's okay for him to take all the credit for the people who are truly responsible for over a year of hard work...What kind of fucked up logic is that?

It would be different if he at least credited the other creators, instead you have Kotaku articles named "Gorgeous New GTA V Mod Is The Work of One Person" as if he's some messiah tier modder.

But I bet that the original creators didn't put "please do not copy/use this work without my permission like the creator of this package mod did. /s

Modding is supposed to be done for fun and giving to the community, not for money or recognition.

Redux is absolutely for those things. Tons of articles have been written about its trailers and stuff with taglines like "one man's GTA overhaul" and so on. The guy has a donate button on his website which is technically being paid for others' work, and he attaches his name to EVERY bit of media for the mod.

He also has explicit instructions everywhere that say do not even redistribute, which is rich for a plagarist.

Top Bottom