• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

slider

The ebb and flow of this thread is remarkable. Opinion polls now show a swing towards Syphon Filter.

I'll give anything a go. Heck, I bought Qbert. So whatever it is I'll give it a fair crack. However, the build up (how much of that is down to GT though?) demands something substantive.

Ashes

Banned
Don't think it'll be motorstorm, though I'd love it to be. It'll be Jaffe's game for sure. It's official announcement is way overdue.

iceatcs said:
geoffkeighley.jpg

This is Geoff right...overhype? Just let me know when and where to get torches and pitchforks!!

johnnylineup

Neo Member
Blair said:
new timesplitters pleees

Tommy Gun (dual wield) FTW. Great call. What ever happened to ts4? I remember it being up in the air after the buyout of free radical. I'm a little burnt out on fps but I loved those games

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
johnnylineup said:
Tommy Gun (dual wield) FTW. Great call. What ever happened to ts4? I remember it being up in the air after the buyout of free radical. I'm a little burnt out on fps but I loved those games
Crytek owns the IP now I believe, since they bought the remains of Free Radical.

Is there no chance it will be The Getaway? I thought it was just put on hold until the team was finished with the casual stuff.

Lion Heart said:
Is there no chance it will be The Getaway? I thought it was just put on hold until the team was finished with the casual stuff.

Could be but The Getaway was never a well received game critically, showing off Heavy Rain, GoW3, Uncharted before, then unveiling The Getaway? Unless the game's had one hell of an overhaul I'd call that a disappointment :lol

Ploid 3.0

I hope it's Motorstorm 3, and I hope they make the AI smarter and more creative rather than giving them super powers and suicide tendencies while trying to hold you back.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looks like PSXExtreme is stealing GTTV's thunder. Mock if posted before.
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6697.html
I know a lot of you have been asking about the secret PlayStation 3 exclusive we told you about in the past, and I also know we haven't given you an update on the matter in quite some time. In fact, we've refused to talk about it for over a year.

But perhaps the days of silence will soon be over. We have this...oh, let's call it a feeling, that the game in question will be announced at the Game Developers Conference in a few weeks. It takes place in mid-March and based on the information we have, it seems like a distinct possibility that 'insert secret game name here' will be revealed to all at that time. For the record, it is not Resistance 3, which we expect to see this Friday on GameTrailers TV. That one is a given and wouldn't exactly be surprising. I suppose this exclusive we know about won't be too surprising, either, but it certainly hasn't been officially announced or revealed, which is why we've kept quiet. We're half-tempted to just blurt it out right now, but we keep our damn promises. Yeah, we keep 'em for years, if need be. In all honesty, we've been a tad concerned that we haven't heard anything about this project; any time this happens, the words "Duke Nukem" hover ominously in the air, taunting us with the depressing "vaporware" possibility. But we're fairly certain this is gonna happen...it's just a matter of when.

And that "when" could be fast approaching. I'm still not entirely sure why Sony has treated this whole thing like a CIA black bag operation - who the hell ever heard of a game you can never talk about? - but hey, we abide. Someone will have to explain the reason for all this secrecy at some point, though. Stay tuned.

androvsky

BlazingDarkness said:
But the game on GTTV isn't R3, so they're wrong.
They're only expecting it, apparently they're not certain what the GTTV game is. All they're claiming to know is a game that's getting announced at GDC, which also isn't R3.

But going by the standard hype/reality ratio for GTTV reveals, I'm thinking Motorstorm 3 is a safe bet. :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
TTP said:
Syphon Filter would make a lot of sense actually. It could basically be Sony's Splinter Cell.

Yes. I would love an updated Syphon Filter using the graphics/tech from uncharted 2 and god of war 3.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cerberus said:
Thursday night, although it's really Friday. We'll know what it is by 1 AM EST/6 AM GMT.

So it's basically about a whole day (24hrs) from now. And some more.

slider

Cerberus said:
Thursday night, although it's really Friday. We'll know what it is by 1 AM EST/6 AM GMT.

That's a long time to wait up (I'm EST). And I've got an early flight on Friday. Hmm.

Firewire

Banned
I just know its Syphon Filter 5. C'mon "Unannounced, Not talked about by Sony" that's Syphon Filter 5.

And we know Sony Bend has been working on it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe it's Uncharted 3

Pistolero

Firewire said:
I just know its Syphon Filter 5. C'mon "Unannounced, Not talked about by Sony" that's Syphon Filter 5.

And we know Sony Bend has been working on it.

Twisted Metal also fits the description...

Dogenzaka

Banned
So basically, the five we can count on it being are...
-Sly 4
-Infamous 2
-Twisted Metal
-Starhawk
-Syphon Filter

Hmmmm

the longer old IP's sit without getting nextgen continuations the more anxious and unsettled i get. dark cloud 3, rogue galaxy, syphon filter, twisted metal... im sure you guys could obliterate my list, but you get the idea.

i realize that some studios need to ride out their waves (ie: resistance in this case) but the longer that these old IP's are put off the less likely they are to be continued at all. and then we'll just have shitty remakes that miss the point.

CamHostage

Lion Heart said:

That's what companies say when they don't want people to hate them for killing a dream. There's about as much chance of The Getaway getting picked up where it left off as there is of Project Hammer ever being released...

InfiniteNine said:
Looks like PSXExtreme is stealing GTTV's thunder. Mock if posted before.
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6697.html

HA! PSXE is so full of shit.

Lard

Banned
Foil said:
What if it's a water based Motorstorm? With no Wave Race in sight I'd be super happy. Awesome water effects, big waves, crashes, etc. That could be a big enough change to get people excited about another Motorstorm.

You mean

DEAD IN THE WATER II.

BELIEVE.

(Also Ape Escape PS3 really is not a bad guess)

neojubei

Dogenzaka said:
So basically, the five we can count on it being are...
-Sly 4
-Infamous 2
-Twisted Metal
-Starhawk
-Syphon Filter

Hmmmm

This is a possibility, didn't some actor tweet about interviewing for a voice actor position for the game?

neojubei said:
This is a possibility, didn't some actor tweet about interviewing for a voice actor position for the game?
I mean, it's not even a question of being in development or not. That game is currently being made. It's just a matter of when it's announced.

AAK

You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Don't expect any big reveals to come from a GT episode.

neojubei

AAK said:
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Don't expect any big reveals to come from a GT episode.

Well they had a good showing for GOW3 last episode.

Top Bottom