• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

lunlunqq

please... no shooter, racer, or platformer... we already have enough of them this gen. what we need is RPG's. give me a RPG please!!!!

Concept17

I don't think it would be Starhawk. I would save that for a large event like E3. Twisted Metal is expected to be announced soon, but I would bet on GDC.

Really not sure, being that its just a GT episode.

abundant

AAK said:
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Don't expect any big reveals to come from a GT episode.

Why are people acting like GTTV has never had a big exclusive before? They were the first to show off game play from games such as Uncharted 2, Gears 2, and just recently they were the first to show off new GOW 3 game play from the actual game, not the E3 demo. They were the first to reveal KZ2 DLC, and hell, even on this show they will be showing off the newest ME2 DLC and they have the newest Mafia 2 trailer.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I was really expecting it to be Resistance 3... now that I know it's not, I'm really curious about what sequel it could be. Infamous 2 (too early?), Killzone 3 (too early?), Uncharted 3 (no way), Mass Effect 2 (technically a sequel and there's been way too many hints at a PS3 port but not a sequel to a PS3 game of course), Heavenly Sword 2 (extremely unlikely since the developer is working on another game), Lair 2 (not going to happen), Warhawk 2 (I can see this being a possibility), Twisted Metal Sequel (a possibility, seems about time)...

I don't really know. All I know is that I am interested in all Sony first and second party games as they almost without fail turnout great (except early in the PS3 lifespan).

Not all that hyped, I guess we are just going to get a teaser with no gameplay but still curious.

Kittonwy

Banned
Probably Jaffe's game.
Indifferent2.gif

Sqnalkel

Banned
OK, I got confirmation on the sequel to be revealed on GTTV, it really is a SURPRISE, at least myself never expected something like that.

Spoilers ahead for the people that would like to be shocked on the show.

It's Intelligent Qube

we know it;s not R3 so who knows what they are talking about. I guess we have to wait. And screw them for trying to pretend they have some kind of claim to 'secret Ps3 game', they said that shit over a year ago, they could claim it's anything.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sqnalkel said:
OK, I got confirmation on the sequel to be revealed on GTTV, it really is a SURPRISE, at least myself never expected something like that.

It's Intelligent Qube

What? Really? Source?

Afrikan

wait a sec....hmmm...2 weeks ago they visited MLB The Show...and last week they were still in SoCal....

what if the unexpected sequel is NBA The Life....rebuilt from the ground up..

hopefully it is true they took a year off for their BasketBall series...and well....this game is not that important to some....so I can see how it wouldn't be a big deal to announce it on GTTV, instead of E3 for a game like Syphon Filter or Starhawk.

Mystery

Ashhong said:
so when can we expect this news? that link the OP said Thursday at 12:30..isnt it past that on the east coast?

Well, you see, according to Gametrailers, 12:30 AM Thursday night happens to mean Friday morning.

It's some sort of internet sorcery, which makes no goddamn sense at all.

24 hours to go.

SolidC213 said:
Insomniac isn't First party is it? and neither is Jaffe's studio I don't think....

It doesn't have to be an in house studio. Heavy Rain was one of the games they listed when talking about how on fire Playstation is right now. And that's a third party developed game but it's published by Sony.

Darkatomz

Can we please stop thinking the reveal will be an Insomniac game at all? JStevenson already said that it's not out of their studio.

Besides, we'll know what it is very shortly.

Sqnalkel said:

It's Intelligent Qube
you joking right..

Ashhong

Mystery said:
Well, you see, according to Gametrailers, 12:30 AM Thursday night happens to mean Friday morning.

It's some sort of internet sorcery, which makes no goddamn sense at all.

24 hours, to go.

that is some stupid bs...oh well

CamHostage

Veritigo_X said:
Does anybody remember those rumors about Hardware Online Arena 2 developed by Incognito? Did that just end up being a bullshit story or will something come out of that? I honestly haven't even heard of the first game before those stories came out so I guess it would be a surprise sequel :lol

It went nowhere, but I'm still curious where the PlayStation Lifestyle guy got his info to try and break that. I'm always curious if there's anything close to a modicum of reality underneath rumors. Sometimes there's truth there (even if the journalist got hosed by a bad lead,) other times it's just total bullshit that the journalist got suckered into posting. Strange things happen in gaming journalism, that same site that was laughed off the map for the vaporware Hardware 2 was also the site that snuck the Trico trailer onto the web...

p01ar

GameTrailers
Shurs said:
So when they advertise the show at 12:30 am Thursday, they really mean 12:30 am Friday?

TV schedules end at 3am. Plus saying Friday morning at 12:30am would confuse more people.

In less than 24 hours you guys will know the game.

Edit: And this will be the first time you've seen this game, so stop guessing The Last Guardian.

Top Bottom