• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

AAK

Kittonwy said:
They shouldn't waste time and resources on ports of last gen games.

As long as it includes these:

ign-readers-design-their-own-colossus-20060418005018573.jpg

It isn't a waste of time and resources at all.

Nizz

I wonder if it could be Killzone 3 as well. Nice that there's an episode coming up covering Medal of Honor. I want to see more of that.

Pooya

if it's an unannounced game (not Last Guardian), it's probably Resistance 3 or David Jaffe's game. it's too soon for Killzone 3 announcement, KZ2 is barely a year old, don't know why everybody thinks KZ3 will be announced soon.

It'll be one of Sony's graphics showpiece titles going by the comment Geoff was responding to. So you can scratch Starhawk and Twisted Metal PS3 off that list.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
miladesn said:
if it's an unannounced game (not Last Guardian), it's probably Resistance 3 or David Jaffe's game. it's too soon for Killzone 3 announcement, KZ2 is barely a year old, don't know why everybody thinks KZ3 will be announced soon.

Supposedly, Kz2's development stopped late 2008 despite the delay to early 2009. If that's in fact true, Kz2 is well over a year old now. Also including the fact they have a solid existing engine, whipping up a trailer in that time isn't impossible, and therefore neither is the rumoured Xmas 2010 release date of the game proper.

also to me about Mafia 2, hopefully a new trailer or a release date? :D
# geoffkeighley

@TheDutchSlayer We have something cool from Mafia II coming next week I believe! about 21 hours ago via Power Twitter in reply to TheDutchSlayer

# TheDutchSlayer
@geoffkeighley PLZ let mafia 2 have some time on GTTV the game deserves it so much it looks really amazing from what I saw at GamesCom 2009 about 21 hours ago via web in reply to geoffkeighley

# geoffkeighley
So glad everyone enjoyed our God of War 3 episode. We have some amazing new shows / announcements coming up soon on GTTV!

miladesn said:

Because Resistance 3 is probably 2011 if the current information is to be believed, and Naughty Dog threw out Uncharted 2 in the same time it would be for KZ3 to come this fall.

I don't think we are gonna hear about David Jaffe's new thing, he mentioned on Kotaku Talk Radio that he won't be at GDC and he could maybe be at E3, but he really wasn't sure if it was the right time. So it seems like his game is still some time away.

JaseC said:
North has said he's voicing Drake this year. Uncharted 3 is all but confirmed.

Maybe that's for a prequel that'll be developed by RaD for the PSP2 launch spring 2011. Actually that's just me wishing.

not interested in medal of honor at all..

i'm not sure what i want the reveal to be, i'm more than satisfied with my games for first half of this year:p halo reach episode should be cool

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
miladesn said:

Was about 12 months between the release of Uncharted (in late Nov 2007) and our first look of Uncharted 2 (Dec 2008).

Was 23 months between the release of Uncharted (Nov 2007) and Uncharted 2 (Oct 2009).

March will mark 13 months since KZ2's release.

Nov 2010 will mark 21 months since the release of KZ2 (and probably 23 months+ since dev really wrapped up on it).

So...my point is...the timescales involved in a first half 2010 reveal of KZ3 and a late 2010 release aren't out of whack with the norm for a franchise at all really.

THAT SAID, I wouldn't expect a GDC reveal :lol They'd keep something like KZ3 for E3 I think.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Uncharted 3 already? This year? Not likely.

Yeah, he might be doing voice work for UC3 this year, but in prep for a release this year? Haha.

Our first look at UC3 will probably come at the end of this year at the earliest, with a regular late 2011 release.

slider

I know it won't be but I'd love to see Starhawk. Warhawk may not have caught the eye in a whizz bang way like KZ2 and the Uncharteds but it's still a very attractive game with a pretty swish engine. Now that engine, updated and in space makes me excited.

Pooya

gofreak said:
Was about 12 months between the release of Uncharted (in late Nov 2007) and our first look of Uncharted 2 (Dec 2008).

Was 23 months between the release of Uncharted (Nov 2007) and Uncharted 2 (Oct 2009).

March will mark 13 months since KZ2's release.

Nov 2010 will mark 21 months since the release of KZ2 (and probably 23 months+ since dev really wrapped up on it).

So...my point is...the timescales involved in a first half 2010 reveal of KZ3 and a late 2010 release aren't out of whack with the norm for a franchise at all really.

THAT SAID, I wouldn't expect a GDC reveal :lol They'd keep something like KZ3 for E3 I think.
now I see.

JaseC said:
North has said he's voicing Drake this year. Uncharted 3 is all but confirmed.
He probably mistook generic video game character voiced by NN #124 for Drake.

Please forgive me if I don't board the hype train. What Geoff considers "amazing" is usually the very opposite. I say him and Pachter form a tag-team.

JaseC

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Uncharted 3 already? This year? Not likely.

gofreak said:
Yeah, he might be doing voice work for UC3 this year, but in prep for a release this year? Haha.

I wasn't rebutting a Jak GDC reveal with an Uncharted 3 reveal, but rather ND can't be working on another Jak when they're most likely busy with the third instalment of Drake's adventures

Our first look at UC3 will probably come at the end of this year at the earliest, with a regular late 2011 release.

I, too, expect the game to follow a similar if not identical debut schedule to that of its predecessor.

miladesn said:
He probably mistook generic video game character voiced by NN #124 for Drake.

:lol

(Edited for clarity.)

Foil

There's way too many things it could be. Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, Starhawk, Socom 4, Motorstorm: Water Boogaloo, Infamous 2, Cambridge's New IP, etc, etc, etc. With all that said it'll end up being Ape Escape: Waggle Fun or something. Actually I fully expect it to be something even less. Maybe Hot Shots Party Bash...

Kittonwy

Banned
AAK said:
As long as it includes these:

ign-readers-design-their-own-colossus-20060418005018573.jpg

It isn't a waste of time and resources at all.

You're equating making SOTC brand new to making the team spend time porting it to the PS3 when they could be making an even better game designed around better technology and fresh new gameplay.

JaseC

The Dutch Slayer said:
Was Agent mentioned yet?
That could be a "big" sony game (if the game still is a sony exclusive) I honestly could not tell you if the game is.

I'm sure it would've been if we were in an alternate dimension in which Rockstar form part of Sony's first-party stable.

AAK

Kittonwy said:
You're equating making SOTC brand new to making the team spend time porting it to the PS3 when they could be making an even better game designed around better technology and fresh new gameplay.

I never said Team ICO's gotta do it. The foundation/assets are already there. It's all about utilizing PS3's technology to process all of those assets which wasn't possible on the PS2.

And how do you know they can make an "even better" game? SOTC was near perfection just held back by the technology which isn't a problem anymore.

Noshino

Kittonwy said:

Not really

With the GoW Collection, Sony put an outside studio in charge of it (Bluepoint), and the game sold ok numbers. I didn't really affect the development of the studio in charge of the sequel (SSM)

I still don't see how you could call it a waste of resources :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
AAK said:
I never said Team ICO's gotta do it. The foundation/assets are already there. It's all about utilizing PS3's technology to process all of those assets which wasn't possible on the PS2.

And how do you know they can make an "even better" game? SOTC was near perfection just held back by the technology which isn't a problem anymore.

I don't get the obsession with having Sony port games to the PS3 that YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAYED. You know how the game ends, how to beat every boss, there's nothing new there to see.

SOTC is Team ICO's game, no other team, especially some work-for-hire outfit, should get their dirty hands on it, EVER. The last thing Sony should ever do is treating their best IPs like they can be farmed out to work-for-hire devs.

Why wouldn't Team ICO make an even better game? They're an awesome team with time and resources on their side, and no longer constrained by the PS2.

JaseC

Kittonwy said:
I don't get the obsession with having Sony port games to the PS3 that YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAYED. You know how the game ends, how to beat every boss, there's nothing new there to see.

I've played through ICO, but not SotC. I'd jump at the chance of a ICO/SotC PS3 compilation.

SOTC is Team ICO's game, no other team, especially some work-for-hire outfit, should get their dirty hands on it, EVER. The last thing Sony should ever do is treating their best IPs like they can be farmed out to work-for-hire devs.

You seem to be confusing a HD port with a HD remake. I don't think anyone would trust Bluepoint to throw together their own God of War title, but they did a bloody good job porting the PS2 titles to the PS3.

Why wouldn't Team ICO make an even better game? They're an awesome team with time and resources on their side, and no longer constrained by the PS2.

Nobody is arguing against this.

Edit: Missed a reply.

deepbrown

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Where does it say GTTV is revealing a new Sony game very soon?
This.

Could be something as small as ...more GOWIII footage.

Or just an already announced game like...The Last Guardian (doubt it - 2011)

AAK

Kittonwy said:

Is that seriously an argument? The obsession is there because SOTC is awesome, and I wanna experience battling those scrapped colossi. And I think it'll be a better experience than 90% of everything else that's being released this gen.

Irish

Corran Horn said:
Resistance 2!

Hell Yeah! I've been waiting on it since 2006. Hope that campaign co-op returns as well as those unique weapons like the sapper, splitter, reapers, wraith, and that RPG with the controllable rockets.

deepbrown

SolidSnakex said:
That wouldn't really match his comment. He's talking about something coming after GoW3.
Well...I was reading it in the sense of what Sony Santa Monica are doing next in GOWIII...ie. what happens later in the game.

His comment is so light that it could be read to mean a number of things.

JaseC

miladesn said:
play it now! I mean now!!

I bought both games at the same time, but after I was done with ICO I started digging into my PS360 backlog. It's been that way since. :lol Don't worry, I fully intend on playing through it prior to The Last Guardian.

deepbrown

geoffmk said:
Look at you guys go....even my @ replies aren't safe :)
Come on Geoff. Just say this...new Sony first party game or already announced game? And you don't really expect it to top GOWIII do you? =)

ps. get yourself a funky avatar. :D

JaseC

deepbrown said:
His comment is so light that it could be read to mean a number of things.

The implication comes from the mattyd128's use of "they're" referring to Sony's first-party studios. Geoff replying using "they" with no particular mention as to who he's referring to generates the assumption he's also referring to Sony's first-party studios, hence this thread!

Top Bottom