• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

Kittonwy

Banned
JaseC said:
I've played through ICO, but not SotC. I'd jump at the chance of a ICO/SotC PS3 compilation.

slap.gif

deepbrown

JaseC said:
The implication comes from the mattyd128's use of "they're" referring to Sony's first-party studios. Geoff replying using "they" with no particular mention as to who he's referring to generates the assumption he's also referring to Sony's first-party studios, hence this thread!
Hype?

J-Rzez

Killzone 3, Motorstorm, SOCOM.

If it's a "Sony" game, could be Resistance 3, Infamous2/Sly. I doubt it'd be a Twisted Metal or Starhawk.

I hope it's Resistance 3, I can't wait to get some info on this one. I wouldn't mind a inFamous 2, Uncharted 3 or Killzone 3 announcement though :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Irish said:
I agree with the sentiment, but I think that image contains a hate crime. :p

Seriously though, get the hell off GAF this very instant and begin SotC.

If a ICO/SotC compilation isn't released within a month of TLG's release, I'll do just that. Secondly, if I was going to jump off GAF right now to do anything, it'd be sleep. It's 5:24. :lol

JaseC said:
If a ICO/SotC compilation isn't released within a month of TLG's release, I'll do just that. Secondly, if I was going to jump off GAF right now to do anything, it'd be sleep. It's 5:24. :lol

They've got plenty of time to do that because TLG isn't coming out anytime soon.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Fantasy Final said:
ICO/SotC PS3 Port

I hope

That wouldn't exactly be a new game, but I hope for this anyway.
It's a crime that you can't pick up Ico for less than $30 and that SotC runs so poorly on the PS2.

A blu-ray disc with both of them at 60fps, 2x AA and 720p would make me buy it twice.

As for the new game, plz:
-Twisted Metal
-Starhawk
-Infamous 2
-Sly 4
-Resistance 3
-Killzone 3
-Super Sony Bros.

PALEEEEEZ

noah111

Still Alive
Dogenzaka said:
That wouldn't exactly be a new game, but I hope for this anyway.
It's a crime that you can't pick up Ico for less than $30 and that SotC runs so poorly on the PS2.

A blu-ray disc with both of them at 60fps, 2x AA and 720p would make me buy it twice.

As for the new game, plz:
-Twisted Metal
-Starhawk
-Infamous 2
-Sly 4
-Resistance 3
-Killzone 3
-Super Sony Bros.

PALEEEEEZ
It can be any of those and i'd be happy, especially with so much on our plates already. Though i'd like them to define 'soon'.. next episode? One after that? Two after that?

slider

The only reason I've held off picking up SotC and Ico is in anticipation of a HD remake. Assuming Euros don't get shafted again like the GOW remakes.

I think both are/would be perfect for PSN releases.

Torrod

Neo Member
Geoff: Reggie, did you play the new zelda for the wii?
Reggie: No.
Geoff: OK

end of show...

Agent reveal at any next GT TV show, maybe some Killzone 3 teasing. There is also some event called "E3" in a few month ;)

J-Rzez

kamspy said:
Real SOCOM plz.

Ive said that for a while. A REAL Zipper SOCOM. It'd complement MAG so much. I'd be set for MP games (with a lil Twisted Metal/Starhawk as icing on the cake).

I'd fall over if they'd at E3 or whatever go to a black screen and when the music kicks on it's an updated SOCOM 2 theme song. I'd swoon, no doubt.

For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEyEmD_8xw4

The music from Confrontation was garbage. : /

ICallItFutile said:
SOTC came out in 2005. WTF?

It could come sooner but that's what I took from his comment. In the past Ueda has said that once they decide a time frame for a game they work hard to meet it. And of earlier this month, a time frame hadn't been decided. Although Ueda mentioned that they're currently looking into that.

deepbrown

How about it being about GT5? It's another Sony first party game - and it's very impressive...that could be what Sony is showing next. Especially since it's meant to come out in April in Japan.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Kittonwy said:
You're equating making SOTC brand new to making the team spend time porting it to the PS3 when they could be making an even better game designed around better technology and fresh new gameplay.

They are. It's called the Last Guardian.

Are you saying Sony is half-assing their resources to God of War 3 because they worked on the God of War Collection?

That's silly. This isn't Square-Enix (where they stripped the FF13 Versus team bare for FF 13 development).

Big-ass picture of colossi that were never in the game[/img]

HOLY CRAP WHY WAS THIS NEVER IN THE GAME?

RE-RELEASE IT NOW WITH ALL THESE NEW BOSSES!!

J-Rzez

Kittonwy said:
Zipper should take back their own IP from Slant6.

I agree 100%. They really shit on the game's name. Granted it's not as big of a fuck shop as it once was, Conf is a let down.

SOCOM 4.

Zipper (Das), remember, updated-remixed SOCOM 2 theme. Best to date from the series. Champaign will rain from the heavens... It's one of the most memorable theme songs from gaming.

My god though. A SOCOM with an Uncharted engine...........................

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
deepbrown said:
How about it being about GT5? It's another Sony first party game - and it's very impressive...that could be what Sony is showing next. Especially since it's meant to come out in April in Japan.
GTTV usually covers games that are highly relevant to the Spike TV audience, which is largely based in the U.S.

I don't think Gran Turismo 5 fits that too well.

Afrikan

F-Pina said:
Colony Wars? Please?
If no then Starhawk.

they don't care about us CW fans :(

I guess from their perspective strict Space Shooters are not worth the investment....and if Starhawk is released, then for sure there will be no Colony Wars.

the only way I see a new Colony Wars is if a Sony EU studio creates a game similar to Mass Effect...with true exploration with Space Shooter combat...

I would hope the great sales of Mass Effect would spark the interest of someone at Sony.

I mean with Warhawk, it went from just a flight shooter to all around combat game....who says they can't use the Colony Wars name for a Space Exploration Shooter.

I've always liked the story behind Colony Wars.

edit-if that futuristic FPS game from Sony Liverpool was also canceled...hopefully they would use elements from that engine for the on-foot aspects for a Colony Wars Space Exploration game........one can only dream.

Geoff is a hype monger. It's a disease with him. I know it sounds like I'm kidding around but I'm being dead serious. He just can't stop, it's like no matter what it is, he has to hype it up. Does he have a wife? I can imagine him at home hyping up what shirt he is going to wear and shit. Hyping up himself drinking coffee. He probably calls everyone he knows to tell them that in 14 hours he plans on taking shower and there will be a lot to look forward to. It's a serious problem guys. Whatever though.

Get better Geoff, my thoughts are with you.

noah111

Still Alive
-Pyromaniac- said:
Geoff is a hype monger. It's a disease with him. I know it sounds like I'm kidding around but I'm being dead serious. He just can't stop, it's like no matter what it is, he has to hype it up. Does he have a wife? I can imagine him at home hyping up what shirt he is going to wear and shit. Hyping up himself drinking coffee. He probably calls everyone he knows to tell them that in 14 hours he plans on taking shower and there will be a lot to look forward to. It's a serious problem guys. Whatever though.

Get better Geoff, my thoughts are with you.
It's his job jackass.

deepbrown

Nirolak said:
GTTV usually covers games that are highly relevant to the Spike TV audience, which is largely based in the U.S.

I don't think Gran Turismo 5 fits that too well.
Uh...GT5 may sell more in Europe...but it still sells more than most other PlayStation games...

GT5 is a huge release world-wide - just happens to have more of a following in Europe and Japan. If the game sells 3 million in the US, but sells 5 million in Europe...it's still a huge game in the US.

Kittonwy

Banned
deepbrown said:

It's not a new Sony game, it's been announced forever, plus we all know about it, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
By the by, sort of OT, but was Sony having a laugh with that recruitment ad in the latest issue of Edge?

I dunno if this was greenlighted before or after the Studio Liverpool restructure, but it's basically a two-page recruitment ad for the 'North West Studio Group' (i.e. Liverpool, Big Big Studos and Evolution Studios), with a big visual montage of some of the franchises from those studios. Celebrating 15 years of development etc, boasting how the group had sold 10m copies of their PS3 games to date.

Thought it was a bit bittersweet :|

Dementia

Kittonwy said:
I haven't played either of them. And I'd really like to, but I don't feel like going out to buy a PS2 just to play two games (or one, ICO is damn hard to find) in 480i on an old tv at a sketchy framerate. I'd much rather wait to see if a remastered version is released.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
deepbrown said:
Uh...GT5 may sell more in Europe...but it still sells more than most other PlayStation games...

GT5 is a huge release world-wide - just happens to have more of a following in Europe and Japan. If the game sells 3 million in the US, but sells 5 million in Europe...it's still a huge game in the US.

Edit: I'm not sure at all.
Wii Fit is also huge in the U.S., but that doesn't mean it fits well with the Spike TV audience.

Judging by the questions Geoff generally asks and the number of racing games they've had on the show, I get the feeling Sim Racers aren't usually what they aim for.

TheFatOne

Dementia said:
I haven't played either of them. And I'd really like to, but I don't feel like going out to buy a PS2 just to play two games (or one, ICO is damn hard to find) in 480i on an old tv at a sketchy framerate. I'd much rather wait to see if a remastered version is released.

Then you sir are an idiot :D

deepbrown

Nirolak said:
Wii Fit is also huge in the U.S., but that doesn't mean it fits well with the Spike TV audience.

Judging by the questions Geoff generally asks and the number of racing games they've had on the show, I get the feeling Sim Racers aren't usually what they aim for.
Still find it odd you don't think Gran Turismo 5 is for the SpikeTV audience...adult PlayStation gamers.

something Last Guardian?

I know that the 1up guys were in Japan for something they said they couldn't talk about.......could that be it?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
kamspy said:
Real SOCOM plz.

will Zipper just released MAG.

and why another dudebro shooter ? Sony need to be smart now , they need to cover the empty holes in PS3 library instead of making more of the same from their 1st/2nd party studios.

PS3 seriously need something from the other genres Adventure , Survival Horror , WRPG , sandbox , and I am pretty sure their 1st party/ hired 2nd party can do this instead of more and more of the same things , for an example I think a new Syphon Filter will makes perfect sense , because PS3 lacks Stealth-3rd person Shooter since last game was MGS4 and Splinter Cell is not on it.

Top Bottom