• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
That's Andy Dwyer alright.

I was having second thoughts about dropping £170 on Hot Toys Star-Lord but DAMN:

hot-toys-guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-sixth-scale-head-preview-01.jpg

hot-toys-guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-sixth-scale-head-preview-02.jpg

hot-toys-guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-sixth-scale-head-preview-03.jpg

Still having second thoughts, though :/

I thought I was strong enough to resist the hot toys set, but now you drag me back!

I think I want them all again. Gah....WHY MUST YOU TEMPT MEEEEEEEEEE! ;_;

Jtrizzy

Anyone play marvel heroes arpg on steam? I have star lord and rocket plus Gammora, drax, and groot as team up/summons. Rocket can summon groot as one of his skills then you can use team up to summon Gammora or drax

Unfortunately with star lord, who is fun as fuck to play with, you only have the team up choice of groot, Gammora, or drax, I usually go with drax as he has funny banter with star lord. You can get the movie costumes for all of them too.

If anyone wants to play add me on steam at jtrizzy754. It's a easy and will run on low end pc's and Mac I think. Characters cost about $10.

I was having second thoughts about dropping £170 on Hot Toys Star-Lord but DAMN:

hot-toys-guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-sixth-scale-head-preview-01.jpg

hot-toys-guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-sixth-scale-head-preview-02.jpg

hot-toys-guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-sixth-scale-head-preview-03.jpg

Still having second thoughts, though :/
I usually find myself sadly tempted by these Hot Toys figures (sadly because I have not the money for the purchase).

But this Star-Lord one isn't great. Doesn't really even look like Pratt in the role. Hot Toys has done much better work in the past.

I just have seen this yesterday. And when i came out of the cinema i thought i just have seen the Star Wars of our generation. I think i would place it in my top 10 movie list of all time.

TDLink

Disappointed that it seems this will be another film without a one-shot.

I wonder if they're discontinuing them? Or perhaps they'll start airing them in theaters prior to the actual movie? (Like Pixar does with their shorts) Just a theory...might make more sense so more people see them.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Anyone play marvel heroes arpg on steam? I have star lord and rocket plus Gammora, drax, and groot as team up/summons. Rocket can summon groot as one of his skills then you can use team up to summon Gammora or drax

Unfortunately with star lord, who is fun as fuck to play with, you only have the team up choice of groot, Gammora, or drax, I usually go with drax as he has funny banter with star lord. You can get the movie costumes for all of them too.

If anyone wants to play add me on steam at jtrizzy754. It's a easy and will run on low end pc's and Mac I think. Characters cost about $10.

Will do. It's such a great game. I figure if one of us chooses Star Lord and Gamora, the other can choose Rocket and have Groot/Drax.

Sadist

Hotdamn that steenbok is amazing! :eek:

I guess the UK date for the blu-ray release will be the same for Europe. I hope...

I wonder if they're discontinuing them? Or perhaps they'll start airing them in theaters prior to the actual movie? (Like Pixar does with their shorts) Just a theory...might make more sense so more people see them.

I can't find the quote but I think Feige or someone said that the TV shows basically serve as the one-shots now. A little disappointing, but there you go.

Tom_Cody

No one shot? :/

I think the crew that normally does the one-shots are pretty busy with Agent Carter, is that why we haven't seen any this year?
I'm guessing it's a combination of Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, the Netflix shows, and all of the films they have in development. Marvel's plate is more than full.

I have liked most of the one-shots, but they devalue the MCU brand to some extent IMO. I'm just fine with them focusing their attention elsewhere.
I can't find the quote but I think Feige or someone said that the TV shows basically serve as the one-shots now. A little disappointing, but there you go.
I'd say that's about accurate. The tone of AoS is very similar to the tone of the one-shots (for better or worse).

Rootbeer

Banned
Toys R Us exclusive

rSo49Oc.jpg

It is unknown how you get this right now. Will it be a pre-order bonus for buying the GotG disc release through them? We shall see.

(yes, this minifigure is the SDCC 2014 version but it's really expensive on the aftermarket)

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/521320313775456257

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY debuted in China with $26.6M--and now $687M worldwide, surpassing MAN OF STEEL.

I guess BOM isn't the only one not updating, as BoxOffice.com still has GotG WW totals at $652M, which is only 8M above where it was 2 weeks ago...

but combining BO domestic and ERC twitter totals, the list looks like this now:

Domestic / WorldWide Comparison
[#. Movie: (Domestic Gross / WW Gross)]
GotG: ($326,076,904 / $687,000,000+*)
ASM: ($262,030,663 / $757,930,663)
DoFP: ($233,855,197 / $745,979,363)
Cap 2: ($259,746,958 / $714,063,958)
ASM2: ($202,853,933 / $708,689,160)
MoS: ($291,045,518 / $668,045,518)
Thor 2: ($206,362,140 / $644,783,140)
Ironman 1: ($318,412,101 / $585,174,222)
Ironman 2: ($312,433,331 / $623,933,331)

*Domestic & WW totals not updated on usual boxoffice sites

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
so I guess surpassing the winter soldier is a definite possibility?

and to think, people thought I was way off with that prediction.
Yes it is, the question now is if it will pass DoFP worldwide.

Top Bottom