• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator will be released for PC on December 14

Espada

What I'm afraid of is that I'll jump in on Revelator on PC and then they turn around and announce a new Xrd game for console with folks like Baiken, Zappa, etc...

Other than that, good news about the port coming our way.

It releases in 2 weeks and for full price ? Yeah, good luck with that ArcSys. This would've make sense 6 months ago at this price. Not today.

nded

What I'm afraid of is that I'll jump in on Revelator on PC and then they turn around and announce a new Xrd game for console with folks like Baiken, Zappa, etc...

This is ArcSys, so that's probably exactly what's going to happen.

Onemic

It's DOA, then. Fighting games on PC without cross-play don't last long.
It will be like Xrd Sign, KoF 13, Dead or Alive Last Round and others: the online is a wasteland.

Unless you're SF4

Hopefully Tekken 7 breaks the trend. This game definitely wont though.

This really sucks...

NQDFlEo.png

DrArchon

Yeah, no cross play means this is just for people that want to see the story mode and to dick around with the CPU. Disappointing, but I guess it's better than nothing.

BHK3

Banned
On december 15th I bought a steam code off someone for $15 for Sign...$45++ for revelator when I just got the game minus 1 dlc character for $15 as well on ps4 a few days ago?? Not computing.

No crossplay either?

Parsnip

A bit pricey for a late release and no crossplay is a bit disappointing.

Maybe the next one will be better in both regards.

Plus this game is gunna cost full price? Canadian dollar is already fucked up. I'll wait for a sale. The last game I'll pay full price for is Tekken 7.

I think a lot of people (including myself) effectively see Xrd:R as being the same thing as Xrd:Sign Extend. It's a little bit better of a value proposition than BB's Extend releases are, but not by much.
Perception problems are something for marketing to deal with.

This is interesting, does that mean they are adopting the SFV model or just that they won't release extend versions?

I do think the price is very steep for a game without cross-play that can easily be bought for 15 bucks for PS4 right now.

MRzkSrz.png

Tizoc

A bit pricey for a late release and no crossplay is a bit disappointing.

Maybe the next one will be better in both regards.

Just release the PC ver. day and date with PS4. Bamco's been doing it and it helped out them pretty well. Xenoverse 2, for example, has 130K owners atm.

ArjanN

Other than that, good news about the port coming our way.

Well, they almost certainly will.

Two points though:

1. Even if they announce that now, that game will still be like half a year out anyway.

2. Xrd Sign PC was a year behing the console release, Revelator is 6 months. They've definitely been shortening the gap.

Nyoro SF

So a 6 month late port sold for essentially full price. Right after they had that deal on PS4 for $15. Charging for characters that were free on console with no in-game method of unlocking them like last time. Not going to bite for a while.

Yeah after sleeping on it I'll be skipping again. Lol at that price and good luck to them.

I'll consider buying their games when they don't have such large gaps in releases just to fuck PC players over by announcing the newest version shortly thereafter for console.

I think it's unlikely Arcsy will adopt a games as service model or whatever.

After how bad SFV botched it I don't really think it's desirable tbh. Even as planned I'm not a fan of it.(I don't really like the idea of having new characters come out in month 6 of the game's life)

As someone who puts alot of hours into each version, I'm fine with the current model.

I understand where people are coming from who dislike it, but for me it's fine.

Mupod

Definitely regret buying the console version that I still haven't had time to play, and missed the 'free' DLC for. Dunno if I'll have time for the PC version but it might be my only chance to play this game online without getting destroyed...we'll see.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely regret buying the console version that I still haven't had time to play, and missed the 'free' DLC for. Dunno if I'll have time for the PC version but it might be my only chance to play this game online without getting destroyed...we'll see.

Let's go, 9 frame lag to Canada can't be that bad!

Pejo

Gold Member
YES!! Waiting paid off. I was really tempted on that PSN sale the other day too.

Next, BBCF please!

I have to go back through the thread, but is there any word on the DLC and if it's free for a limited time? (Dizzy etc)

vg260

After how bad SFV botched it I don't really think it's desirable tbh. Even as planned I'm not a fan of it.(I don't really like the idea of having new characters come out in month 6 of the game's life)

As someone who puts alot of hours into each version, I'm fine with the current model.

I understand where people are coming from who dislike it, but for me it's fine.

A business model that retains your player base can work. SFV is only one take on it.

Even SF4's Super->AE->Ultra $15 upgrade path was more customer-friendly than their existing full-price model.

Chev

Well yeah, it's obvious by now they're set on a yearly arcade->console->steam release cycle. Setting up such staggered release cycles is Arcsys' survival strategy.

A business model that retains your player base can work. SFV is only one take on it.

Even SF4's Super->AE->Ultra $15 upgrade path was more customer-friendly than their existing full-price model.

I'm not sure 15 dollar upgrade path is sustainable for the amount of content these games add.

AE-> Ultra was a balance patch plus characters lifted from SFxT. lol

I know the perceived value maybe the same for a lot of people, but the actual content delivered is completely different, even if you're not interested in a lot of it like Story Mode.

Too expensive for me, particularly for a game I won't play online because the netcode is apparently non-rollback. Trying to play Sign or Chrono Phantasma online was a bad joke. Who cares about crossplay when your netcode is terrible?

But I'll definitely grab it on sale down the road.

FinKL

I'm pretty sure I bought Xrd Sign for $15 on here when it was released and then couldn't play it for whatever reason.

Now this is $50? I REALLY want to support them (amazing style w/ UE) and FG on PC so this is a tough decision.

I'm pretty sure I bought Xrd Sign for $15 on here when it was released and then couldn't play it for whatever reason.

Now this is $50? I REALLY want to support them (amazing style w/ UE) and FG on PC so this is a tough decision.

If you have Sign I think the two discounts stack for a 20% one.

So it's 40 for the base game and 52 for the game + all DLC

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is interesting, does that mean they are adopting the SFV model or just that they won't release extend versions?

I do think the price is very steep for a game without cross-play that can easily be bought for 15 bucks for PS4 right now.

I doubt it, but it'd be nice if they copied the CS1/2 method they had and have patch rollbacks.
----

In any case, for someone that hasn't played the story mode since #Reload of XX: What's the best way of catching up before Revelator hits? Doing XX:^C+R's and Signs?

petran79

Banned
Yeah after sleeping on it I'll be skipping again. Lol at that price and good luck to them.

I'll consider buying their games when they don't have such large gaps in releases just to fuck PC players over by announcing the newest version shortly thereafter for console.

PC players can play Persona 4 Ultimax 2 and Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars.

Feel the envy!

Dinjoralo

If you have Sign I think the two discounts stack for a 20% one.

So it's 40 for the base game and 52 for the game + all DLC
That... Is way too much for me. Especially with the first game not clicking with me, and no equivalent to the PS4s limited runs for free DLC leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

ArjanN

I'm not sure 15 dollar upgrade path is sustainable for the amount of content these games add.

AE-> Ultra was a balance patch plus characters lifted from SFxT. lol

I know the perceived value maybe the same for a lot of people, but the actual content delivered is completely different, even if you're not interested in a lot of it like Story Mode.

I agree with the bolded statement, but in the opposite sense as you intended it.

Top Bottom