• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator will be released for PC on December 14

Oh, now it all falls into place.

Petran also posted couple shots of P4 Ultimax 2 in the PC screenshot thread but didn't bother to label it in any way, so I figured it was emulation or something. I guess not.

Even if it was emulation, there's no legal way for an individual user to own a copy of either of those games. They're only available for arcade owners to purchase access to through Nesica IIRC

petran79

Banned
I think that's why people who showed the videos haven't released it, though I'll be sad to never play the 2.0 update for persona :(

Its not too difficult to find and play it, assuming you dont have an ancient PC. It is just like a portable PC game with exe, art and sound files. Piracy aside, these are all high quality games

Worth noting is that the arcade release contains also the English language files and they feature the same graphical glitches of the English console versions, if you switch to English.

Atlus had planned a Western arcade release probably. So easy to port to PC yet it always gets the short end of the stick.

If Tekken 7 arrives and VF5 becomes playable, PC will be a heaven for fighters, except MVC4.

Parsnip

Even if it was emulation, there's no legal way for an individual user to own a copy of either of those games. They're only available for arcade owners to purchase access to through Nesica IIRC
Okay? Whether it's legal or not has very little relevance to what I said.

To me it just looked like a P4 fighting game, could have been Arena, Ultimax or Super Ultimax 2 Arcade Edition or whatever.
I was just commenting that now I know what the game was, since he didn't label the screens at all.

BigEmil

Its not too difficult to find and play it, assuming you dont have an ancient PC. It is just like a portable PC game with exe, art and sound files. Piracy aside, these are all high quality games

Worth noting is that the arcade release contains also the English language files and they feature the same graphical glitches of the English console versions, if you switch to English.

Atlus had planned a Western arcade release probably. So easy to port to PC yet it always gets the short end of the stick.

If Tekken 7 arrives and VF5 becomes playable, PC will be a heaven for fighters, except MVC4.

Why are you suggesting to people to go look for the pirated game?

Chavelo

Why are you suggesting to people to go look for the pirated game?

He's not giving instructions on how to find it, just that's it's possible. The games are already ported to PC for use with the NESICA arcade system, people were able to dump them, Atlus/ASW just hasn't bothered to properly release them to the PC crowd.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Petran also posted couple shots of P4 Ultimax 2 in the PC screenshot thread but didn't bother to label it in any way, so I figured it was emulation or something. I guess not.

lol:

If only, Atlus...If only....Still much better picture quality than the Arcade-to-PS3-to-Steam Arcsys ports

411csjgu.png

412o0kle.png

Then again after that what.cd thread, the simple fact that people can't access something is enough justification for them to pirate it, so not surprising. Or this attitude:

He's not giving instructions on how to find it, just that's it's possible. The games are already ported to PC for use with the NESICA arcade system, people were able to dump them, Atlus/ASW just hasn't bothered to properly release them to the PC crowd.

Chavelo

lol:

Then again after that what.cd thread, the simple fact that people can't access something is enough justification for them to pirate it, so not surprising. Or this attitude:

What attitude? Man, what's wrong with some of your guys' reading abilities? Telling somebody online that, hey: "people can download these games illegally" = "YOU should download these games illegally (oh yeah, plus follow this link on how to do so)"... Word?

Shhh, here's a super secret tip: Did you know that Valve Corp has a program called STEAM where it's possible to purchase digital game licenses and have them all in one library BUT they also happen to have sales every once in a while where you can buy said game licenses for cheap? WHOA, DON'T GO SPREADING THAT SHIT AROUND, YOU DON'T WANNA HURT THE PROFIT NUMBERS FROM DEVS NOW.

Check the earlier posts on this thread, homie. ASW is just porting their games over to a version where you and I can purchase them legally and I couldn't be happier to do so. Gimme dat 4K, pls

Side note: This also explains why ASW won't bother doing crossplay with PS3/PS4. They just realized a year or so ago that they can make some extra coin by selling their games that they already ported to a PC format to PC players, so why add more cost to the developing process and add a feature that would be VERY WELCOMED by us, the customers? Nope, just make sure it launches correctly and get it done with. :/

duckroll

Shhh, here's a super secret tip: Did you know that Valve Corp has a program called STEAM where it's possible to purchase digital game licenses and have them all in one library BUT they also happen to have sales every once in a while where you can buy said game licenses for cheap? WHOA, DON'T GO SPREADING THAT SHIT AROUND, YOU DON'T WANNA HURT THE PROFIT NUMBERS FROM DEVS NOW.

Whoa, that's totally a great comparison to piracy and not false equivalence at all!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What attitude? Man, what's wrong with some of your guys' reading abilities? Telling somebody online that, hey: "people can download these games illegally" = "YOU should download these games illegally (oh yeah, plus follow this link on how to do so)"... Word?

I'm not saying you were telling people to go pirate, but:

The games are already ported to PC for use with the NESICA arcade system, people were able to dump them, Atlus/ASW just hasn't bothered to properly release them to the PC crowd.

This just seems like handwaving away any issues someone might have. "Yeah it's piracy, but ASW hasn't bothered to release them on PC, so shrug!" Though you could have not meant that and it is just an issue with my reading comprehension, point taken.

PantsuJo

Why this thread is derailed? How?

Can we return to discuss about another quality fighting game arrived on PC, please?

this should've came out at $40 like Quantum Break and Dead Rising 3

eh, I might still get it because it's the best fighting game out right now

Sesha

Why are Kum, Dizzy and Raven DLC and not included as part of the base package? I know they are DLC on consoles, but it doesn't really make sense for them to be individual DLC on PC when the console version came out ages ago and they've been out for a while. Seems like nickle-and-diming. Am I missing something?

Luigi87

Why are Kum, Dizzy and Raven DLC and not included as part of the base package? I know they are DLC on consoles, but it doesn't really make sense for them to be individual DLC on PC when the console version came out ages ago and they've been out for a while. Seems like nickle-and-diming. Am I missing something?

Arc System Works

They'll squeeze every coin.

sfried

Should I get GGXrd Sign at this point? Is it worth it to get aquainted with the series, or build some semblance of familiarity with the game(s)?

duckroll

It's part of the base package, the $60 base package... lol. :(

Momentary

Banned
I don't know man, I've paid $80 for N64 games and even more than that when I imported Saturn and PS1 games back in the mid 90's.

I think we've got it pretty good especially if you take inflation into account. But that's just an old man talking.

BUT I see where people are coming from when considering this is a late port. $40 should have been the max price for the WHOLE package along with the 10% + 10% discount deal to bring it down to 32 bucks. It just doesn't bother me since I had to pay dumb amounts of money for games I've wanted for years. But the ecosystem is vastly different now so the rage towards this is understandable as I mentioned before.

Edit: Will the soundtrack be available on STEAM as well??

Skilletor

I don't know man, I've paid $80 for N64 games and even more than that when I imported Saturn and PS1 games back in the mid 90's.

I think we've got it pretty good especially if you take inflation into account. But that's just an old man talking.

BUT I see where people are coming from when considering this is a late port. $40 should have been the max price for the WHOLE package along with the 10% + 10% discount deal to bring it down to 32 bucks. It just doesn't bother me since I had to pay dumb amounts of money for games I've wanted for years. But the ecosystem is vastly different now so the rage towards this is understandable as I mentioned before.

Edit: Will the soundtrack be available on STEAM as well??

I did, too. Things change. 65 dollars for a late port to get all of the characters is bullshit, full stop. ESPECIALLY when you consider that this version is likely to be obsolete before long and will have very few people playing it.

Momentary

Banned
I did, too. Things change. 65 dollars for a late port to get all of the characters is bullshit, full stop. ESPECIALLY when you consider that this version is likely to be obsolete before long and will have very few people playing it.

That's exactly what I said. Or are you just agreeing with me.

petran79

Banned
I'm not saying you were telling people to go pirate, but:

This just seems like handwaving away any issues someone might have. "Yeah it's piracy, but ASW hasn't bothered to release them on PC, so shrug!" Though you could have not meant that and it is just an issue with my reading comprehension, point taken.

Happened with consoles too!

Speaking of Guilty Gear, I read that some years ago a US tournament wanted to host GG AC. When Arcsys released revision after revision. Problem was that game wasnt released in the West yet and sponsors refused to let them use modded PS2s. They had to bring Japanese PS2s, thus raising the costs a lot. Fortunately now things are easier.

jjasso21

I want to get it, but it is pricey. Then again, I did get Revelator for the PS4 in the last Flash Sale. I may hold off on this.

Nezzhil

Edit: Seems that they fixed the discount issue right now

If you're interested in the Deluxe edition, watch out!

Dear customers,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We understand that the Deluxe Edition does not appear to have the 10% Launch Discount on with it. We are working with Valve to resolve this matter, we seek your kind patience while we get things working. Thank you.
Update in the store page.

T.O.P

Banned
lmao 60€? 45€ for the regular is still too much anyway with the online community dying in a month or less, sigh asw

Ultimadrago

Yay, now to remain on my Wishlist until a big ole (re)sale. If there was a notable original Xrd discount, I likely wouldn't have waited, but 10% Launch? lol. Naw, they can keep it.

agidot

was $18 on PSN a few weeks ago and $20 on amazon today but $50 on PC.....
Paying extra for dat 4K I guess......

TGMIII

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the discount for owning -sign- only applies to the version you had. So if you own the standard version of -sign- the discount applies to standard Revelator, same with deluxe versions but didn't everyone who bought -sign- within the first few days get a free upgrade to the deluxe version?

I don't understand how pricing for this is such a mess.

Marvel is coming to PC as well.

Decado

No cross play no sale.

There was a time that I'd buy it cheap to play the story/arcade mode, but I have too many games to play to invest time into a single player fighter.

Decided I'm fine without having a good fighter to play.

Top Bottom