• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator will be released for PC on December 14

El Sabroso

we got nice pricing here in Mexico

having SIGN gets the complete deluxe bundle cheaper than just purchasing deluxe edition, only paid 450 MXN (22.29 USD) for that

Nezzhil

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the discount for owning -sign- only applies to the version you had. So if you own the standard version of -sign- the discount applies to standard Revelator, same with deluxe versions but didn't everyone who bought -sign- within the first few days get a free upgrade to the deluxe version?

I don't understand how pricing for this is such a mess.

Check it again, they made some mistake about the discounts, but now it's fixed. I own the SIGN Deluxe and I can buy any of the two REVELATOR editions with the 20% discount.

This price hurts for sure, especially with Astroneer only being two days out for 20 bucks. Such a strange contrast compared to Xrd -SIGN- coming out with all the DLC for a fraction of what they're charging for Revelator. Still gonna buy it because I've been waiting for the PC release for quite some time but ugh ...

I usually only play SF. Been curious about this for a while. Coming to PC makes me more curious...

Has one of the best tutorials in the business if you're intimidated by the number of random mechanics a lot of these games tend to have.

Celcius

°Temp. member
PC version bought.
Between all the changing to my setup I've done this year, I've owned this game on every system at some point this year (PS4 -> PS3 -> PC).

Dinjoralo

Too bad the discount doesn't hold out long enough for me to go back home and get my new debit card. Though the DLC seems cheaper than it was in PSN, the characters are only five dollars a pop, Elephelts costume being a dollar less, etc.

Momentary

Banned
When you go to fullscreen the game is locked at 720p. You have to do a work around to get 1080p... But that's as high as it goes. I'm going to try GeDoSaTo.

Yo that price tag is still abysmal for whats essentially an updated Xrd. Never mind you gotta pay for the DLC characters on a late port, that doesn't fly with me. I'll get it on sale.

Zafir

This must be one of the only games on Steam where it's actually significantly cheaper for people from the UK, lol.

Atolm

When you go to fullscreen the game is locked at 720p. You have to do a work around to get 1080p... But that's as high as it goes. I'm going to try GeDoSaTo.

Really? I have a 1440p screen. No support is a deal-breaker for me.

Tain

But... Xrd Sign runs at desktop res when you pick "Fullscreen", right? Boo.

Hopefully that's a fix coming up soon.

Zafir

But... Xrd Sign runs at desktop res when you pick "Fullscreen", right? Boo.

Hopefully that's a fix coming up soon.

I thought it ran at 1080p? I know it didn't run at 1440p (my native resolution).

Bizarre if Revelator is somehow less.

Tain

I could have sworn people had 1440p screenshots of Sign back around when it came out, and I have a 1440p monitor and remember it running at that res as well. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Also, in Revelator I've found that I can pick 1080p and then pick fullscreen to at least get 1080p fullscreen instead of 720p fullscreen.

Yo that price tag is still abysmal for whats essentially an updated Xrd. Never mind you gotta pay for the DLC characters on a late port, that doesn't fly with me. I'll get it on sale.

Yeah and the fact that there's no crossplay meaning PC online will be dead in less than a month... will only be worth it when the game is around $20 for me.

Momentary

Banned
I can use GeDoSaTo to run -Sign- at 8K, But this game is stuck at 1080p. No matter what you do.

If you set fullscreen it's still stuck at 1080p but it upscales it to your native resolution. Taking a .png will come out at 1080p.

I don't think anyone has gotten GeDoSaTo to work with this game yet. Game is awesome, but looks really grainy on my 4K TV and 1440p monitor. Hopefully someone can fix this issue.

"I could have sworn people had 1440p screenshots of Sign back around when it came out, and I have a 1440p monitor and remember it running at that res as well. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Also, in Revelator I've found that I can pick 1080p and then pick fullscreen to at least get 1080p fullscreen instead of 720p fullscreen."

I definitely downsampled -Sign- from 4k.

epmode

When you go to fullscreen the game is locked at 720p. You have to do a work around to get 1080p... But that's as high as it goes.

Thanks. No sale for me.

It's disappointing to see a developer's ports going backwards, technically.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The PC version may be stuck at 1080p (at least for now), but the PS4 version was also 1080p and the ps3 version was 720p.
Can you use DSR in nvidia's drivers to force it to 4K downsampled at least?

Tain

1440p works fine if you mess with SteamApps\common\GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-\REDGame\Config\REDSystemSettings.ini, ResX and ResY lines.

Lame that you have to do it via INI, but it's there. I'm thinking SIGN was the same way.

520440_20161214221847vsug6.png

Momentary

Banned
1440p works fine if you mess with SteamApps\common\GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-\REDGame\Config\REDSystemSettings.ini, ResX and ResY lines.

Lame that you have to do it via INI, but it's there. I'm thinking SIGN was the same way.

520440_20161214221847vsug6.png

I've went in there and used 1440p, 4k, 5k resolutions and the output is always 1080p when I use a screen shot. That image just looks like 1080 upscaled to 1440p with msaa or smaa added. Internal rendering seems to be locked at 1080p. No biggie. Loving the game so far.

Tain

Image looks native (although with weak postprocessing AA) to me. When I enter 4k it reverts back to 1080p, but I'm assuming that's because I'm on a 1440p display with DSR off.

I did, however, also change it in DefaultEngine.ini, which might be where it should actually be done? idk.

ToD_

I've went in there and used 1440p, 4k, 5k resolutions and the output is always 1080p when I use a screen shot. That image just looks like 1080 upscaled to 1440p with msaa or smaa added. Internal rendering seems to be locked at 1080p. No biggie. Loving the game so far.

The HUD in the image is certainly upscaled, but everything else looks 1:1 to me. It's less sharp on the forum (despite clicking it) but looks fine when opened up in a new tab.

Momentary

Banned
Image looks native (although with weak postprocessing AA) to me. When I enter 4k it reverts back to 1080p, but I'm assuming that's because I'm on a 1440p display with DSR off.

I did, however, also change it in DefaultEngine.ini, which might be where it should actually be done? idk.

I'll try this then.

Edit: I just started up -Sign- and realized I was downsampling from 8k to 1440p. That's why everything looked so damn good.

Also I tried changing resolution option in both the default and Red config files, set them to read only, and it still gives me 1080p output. What do you have selected for display options in the menu? It's really weird that GeDoSaTo doesn't work with this when it's the same engine. I've also used DSR, turned off GSYNC, and done a bunch of other nonsense to try it to output at something higher than 1080.

It's not. It just sets the resolution that the game was already running at.

So if you set 1920x1080 and then go to fullscreen it would be 1080p with fullscreen.

Veal

Wait. People are mad about the price despite all that it includes? So what if it was late? That's par for the course when it comes to pc! I really hope none of you play Street Fighter V!

Korigama

Hm, so the PC version didn't get the DLC characters for free this time. Probably because it was released months after the console versions this time instead of a year later. Still, PlayStation owners did have windows of opportunity to get them for free, which didn't even require actually owning the game to do (just a PSN account to log into the store).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait. People are mad about the price despite all that it includes? So what if it was late? That's par for the course when it comes to pc! I really hope none of you play Street Fighter V!

Street Fighter V was day and date with PS4 so...whut? Also, it doesnt include the dlc so what is this "all it includes"?

And no, releasing games 1 year later for $50 is not "par for the course" when it comes to PC.

8 minutes but no link to steam to buy it anywhere in the page

It does do a good job of highlighting all the features in this release though. I'm impressed.

Even had someone with painted fingernails playing on a Steam controller. lol

Hm, so the PC version didn't get the DLC characters for free this time. Probably because it was released months after the console versions this time instead of a year later. Still, PlayStation owners did have windows of opportunity to get them for free, which didn't even require actually owning the game to do (just a PSN account to log into the store).

I mean I guess if you want to compare it to the ideal scenario of getting all the free character periods, and then waiting until the 18 dollar flash sale a couple weeks ago, PSN users got the better deal.

but in reality PSN users had to pay 60 dollars for just all the characters. More if you want the other stuff. (I bought the colors combo pack myself)

Right now if you own Sign you can get everything period(Colors,characters and Voices) for 53.

I mean if the late port devalues the game for some reason in your eyes that's up to you, but I think it's pretty great value at launch for people that were genuinely waiting for this version and actually plan on playing it.

StereoVsn

Street Fighter V was day and date with PS4 so...whut? Also, it doesnt include the dlc so what is this "all it includes"?

And no, releasing games 1 year later for $50 is not "par for the course" when it comes to PC.
Hell, I just picked up the digital version for PS4 for under $15 not that long ago (after coupon) and physical was just $20 on Amazon. It's overpriced on PC especially considering they didn't roll all the characters in for this late or a port.

Plus there is no cross-play with PS4 which means online will be very sparse. Much like Tomb Raider port for PS4 this just wasn't priced well.

Korigama

I mean I guess if you want to compare it to the ideal scenario of getting all the free character periods, and then waiting until the 18 dollar flash sale a couple weeks ago, PSN users got the better deal.

but in reality PSN users had to pay 60 dollars for just all the characters. More if you want the other stuff. (I bought the colors combo pack myself)

Right now if you own Sign you can get everything period(Colors,characters and Voices) for 53.

I mean if the late port devalues the game for some reason in your eyes that's up to you, but I think it's pretty great value at launch for people that were genuinely waiting for this version and actually plan on playing it.
Oh no, not at all. I'm a PS3/PS4 owner who picked up the DLC while it was free. This was just idle observation on my part, as I was curious how this port turned out after the one for -SIGN- went well.

Oh no, not at all. I'm a PS3/PS4 owner who picked up the DLC while it was free. This was just idle observation on my part, as I was curious how this port turned out after the one for -SIGN- went well.

People are having issues with resolution I guess.

but other than that the port seems pretty great. I've heard people getting better connections on PC compared to console

and load times for online matches are crazy fast compared to console. Especially compared to crossplay loading

Killer Instinct does as well. And, I believe the djrector of Tekken 7 said it would be a possibility.

Reason I wouldn't expect it is because I think the account systems have to be compatible for it to work. Like the reason it's possible for SFV is because they have PC and PS4 users creating logins for their universal CFN system to match up.

I believe KI is similar in that since it's a Windows Store exclusive, both Console and PC users connect through Xbox live.

It's probably not a feature you can expect out of games that just use PSN or Steam's accounts for matchmaking, since I don't think the two(or Xbox Live's) are directly compatible with each other like that.

synce

$50 sounds insane. It'd be one thing if it released at the same time as console or included all DLC and some new content, but there's no way I can support this. Will stick with SF5 until T7

petran79

Banned
Arcsys are testing PC players loyalty.

As a previous Xrd owner, 49€ for deluxe and 38€ for standard. Wish I've gotten an extra 25% coupon like with Nitroplus Blasters

Unlike SFV, game has full features for the same price,without grinding.

Will wait for a further discount though. AC+ R is still irreplacable

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
System settings seem a bit weird; swapped buttons around for confirm/cancel in the system and can't edit room names or password- it brings up the textbox then immediately cancels. Not 100% if it's the game to be fair or one of the million programs I used to get SFV and this joystick working.

character dlc was also free on console for a limited. so for me i don't want to pay $50 for 3 new characters or even $60 for all 6. there's also the fact that it's mostly the same game from last year. the content doesn't justify the price for me especially with how frequently asw releases a new version.

Skilletor

SF5 would be cheaper than this if all I cared about were characters and colors.

And SF5 won't be obsolete in a year and a half when they do it all again, making my 55 dollar purchase with all of this DLC pointless (again) since what I've bought now will be included with the next update.

Tizoc

Arcsys are testing PC players loyalty.

As a previous Xrd owner, 49€ for deluxe and 38€ for standard. Wish I've gotten an extra 25% coupon like with Nitroplus Blasters

Unlike SFV, game has full features for the same price,without grinding.

Will wait for a further discount though. AC+ R is still irreplacable
What full features would that be?
All sf5 is missing is a generic arcade mode andnif one were to get sf5 now theyd get the game with the latest update and more thatll come down the line

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
What full features would that be?
All sf5 is missing is a generic arcade mode andnif one were to get sf5 now theyd get the game with the latest update and more thatll come down the line

Did they ever add Dinput support? Steam supports it as off a few days ago natively anyway so I guess it's moot now, but that was really annoying.

Skilletor

Did they ever add Dinput support? Steam supports it as off a few days ago natively anyway so I guess it's moot now, but that was really annoying.

It's coming in the next update.

I think Xrd is the best fighter this gen, but this price point for a late port is ridiculous. Will buy on sale.

Top Bottom