• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guinness Announces its Top 50 Videogame Franchises

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Well.. I guess I like the list. Most franchises (or standalone games in some cases..) are on there.

MechaX

Yeah, I was bamboozled so much when I read that Lego Batman and Goldeneye were "franchises" that I actually spent 3 minutes researching what a "franchise" legally entailed to make sure that I wasn't just fucking crazy considering something like this made, what I'm assuming to be, a fairly credible press source.

Fantasy Final said:
Not Franchises

The Tom Clancy series isn't a franchise at this point?

seady

Call of Duty? Guitar Hero? Franchise that everyone sees as having no sustainable life ahead them.

Halo? Lol...

When did Guinness bought by Activision?

Wazzim

Banned
Well it isn't that bad just because you guys hate "dudebro" games >___>

NVM it sucks :lol
What makes it bad is that it isn't made up by real men.
Real men put Monster Hunter on number 1.
And come on, no Street Fighter? The fuck.

DarkPanda

It wasn't until I clicked on the link that I realized that this list was made by the world record people and not the beer company.

demolitio

Regulus Tera said:
The people also elected George W. Bush twice in a row.

And then they went and elected a junior senator! I can do this too...

Anyway, I'm surprised to see SOCOM is not on the list anywhere for being a very highly rated PS2 franchise.

evil ways

:lol :lol :lol

Over Mario, Zelda, or even GTA.

Clown%20car.jpg

Mihos

Gold Member
Man, whoever made the random number generator that shit out this list should make the next Fable game.

wizword

Banned
TheThunder said:
It's one of them.
The other is that civilization, street fighter, megaman, castlevania, metroid prime, and sim city aren't top 50 franchises. And than halo is number 1 with call of duty number 2.

wizword said:
The other is that civilization, street fighter, megaman, castlevania, metroid prime, and sim city aren't top 50 franchises. And than halo is number 1 with call of duty number 2.
At least they didn't put Army of Two or another dudebro game.

ZZMitch

guys Guys GUYS!

Its all going to be ok, because they got number 1 right!

Oh and Runescape... I wasted 3 years of my life on that game. Kill Me.

Top Bottom