• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guinness World Records Announces Top 50 Video Game Endings

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
jksimmonsprjjy.gif

SxP

I played BLOPS and I had to read the article to remember what happened. That's how memorable it was to me.

szaromir

Banned
Most of these games have really bad endings. It seems they randomly chose AAA games and put them in a random order.

44. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

The list itself is not that bad when you don't consider the order of the games, but SW:FU2 don't belong anywhere on a top 50 list of any kind. It is by far the most lazy, uneventful, disappointing excuse of a game I have played this generation. Everything about the game screams cash in.

I lol'd, and then I gagged a little. Some of these games barely even have stories.

14,000 fans can't be wrong! :lol

A list like this can't be a simple popularity contest.

Most of these games have really bad endings. It seems they randomly chose AAA games and put them in a random order.

More or less this.

PokéKong

Remember when Guinness only dealt in records which used actual solid measurements? Remember how the Guinness Book of World Records was invented in the first place as a way to settle arguments, not start them?

Didn't anyone bring this up when they started making up their own opinion-based "records"?

At least Reaches ending was an interesting use of the medium. I don't even remember the ending to BLOPS.

The only two endings of recent games that I thought were fantastic was Red Dead and Portal 2.

Derrick01

Banned
What sane person would think ME2's ending is better than ME1's?

I mean thoughts on the 2 games aside and put the rpg debate aside, but I didn't think anyone out there legitimately thought ME2 had a better ending.

That's not even looking at the rest of the list either. Black Ops? Jesus christ :lol

Guinness presents:
A list of games in no particular order accompanied with some numbers in numerical order.

Please visit our web page to see these things.

krae_man

The Gamers Edition of Guinness World Records has been a complete joke from the very beginning. Insecure game companies purchase records for marketing purposes.

Azure J

I looked through that list twice and there is no mention of Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64 anywhere. ?kcuf eht tahW

I don't care about rankings on a list with BLOPS at the top, but damn, not even a passing mention?

The Gamers Edition of Guinness World Records has been a complete joke from the very beginning. Insecure game companies purchase records for marketing purposes.

This would certainly explain a lot. How the hell is RE4 on this list? Love that game, but that ending was super lame. Also, what the hell at entries number 1 and 2?

Rapstah

I mean thoughts on the 2 games aside and put the rpg debate aside, but I didn't think anyone out there legitimately thought ME2 had a better ending.

They don't even compare! ME1's ending was written without any real signs pointing at a next part: the series could have ended right there. ME2's points straight at ME3. There's no objective way ME2's ending could be better. Dumbass voters.

Cimarron

That's not even looking at the rest of the list either. Black Ops? Jesus christ :lol

*Raises hand* Guilty.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
There are a few good endings in video game history:

• Ico
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • BioShock
  • Mass Effect
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Dragon Age: Origins

The list can go on to include a few more. But the games they've listed... it's just pure garbage in most cases.

krae_man

This would certainly explain a lot. How the hell is RE4 on this list? Love that game, but that ending was super lame. Also, what the hell at entries number 1 and 2?

How else do you explain Sony having the "World Records" for "Longest marathon playing LittleBigPlanet 2", "Most video game genres played in one video game in 24 hours",
and "Most user-generated video game levels played in 24 hours"?

Needs Ultima IV. All the assembling of the virtuous team, descending into the Abyss and an epic number of fights in custom rooms. And LB asking us to write him telling of our feat!

ScOULaris

There are a few good endings in video game history:

• [*]Ico
    [*]Shadow of the Colossus
  • BioShock
  • Mass Effect
    [*]Silent Hill 2
    [*]Red Dead Redemption
  • Dragon Age: Origins

The list can go on to include a few more. But the games they've listed... it's just pure garbage in most cases.

I think you and I just became Internet friends.

tumblr_leut3zxRZZ1qf8yek.gif

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Sonic the Hedgehog? C'mon, I love the game, and it's arguably one of the best platformers ever, but the ending is completely throwaway like endings for old platformers tended to be.

If these were "Best Videogame Endings Without a Particular Order" it wouldn't be half bad. They got many god pick there, they have to fix the order.
Edit: Ok I was wrong, checked the list again and realized it was awful.

Top Bottom